Tata Institute for Fundamental Research (TIFR) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Project Assistant through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Master Degree, Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from Tata Institute for Fundamental Research (TIFR).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Project Assistant Job on or before 7/8/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Tata Institute for Fundamental Research (TIFR)
Vacancy Name : Project Assistant
Educational Qualification : Any Masters Degree, M.Phil/Ph.d
Total No of Vacancy : 01 Post
Salary : NA
Job Location : Bangalore
Last Date to Apply for this job : 7/8/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : Tata Institute for Fundamental Research (TIFR), Bangalore
Detail of Tata Institute for Fundamental Research (TIFR) Project Assistant Recruitment:
TIFR-CAM invites applications for project assistant and post-doc positions for the following areas.
Flow control: This project involves developing numerical methods and codes to perform flow control using feedback theory for Navier-Stokes equations. You will develop finite element codes for solving Navier-Stokes equations and implement feedback control strategies into them.
Discontinuous Galerkin (DG) Methods: This project involves developing novel methods and software based on discontinuous Galerkin approach for compressible flows and on moving grids in one and two dimensions.
Both projects require advanced level of computing skills.
- Required qualitifications
- For Project assistant position: Must have masters degree in mathematics or engineering
- For Postdoc position: Must have PhD degree in mathematics or engineering
- Desirable background
- Finite element methods for incompressible/compressible Navier-Stokes equations, DG methods, feedback control theory
- Experience in writing finite volume or FEM programs in fortran/C/C++/python
- Very good knowledge of Unix and/or GNU/Linux
- Experience in working with Fenics finite element library
- Experience in working with deal.II finite element library
- The position will be initially given for one year with possibility of extending it for another year based on performance. Shared accommodation will be provided subject to its availability,
- otherwise, selected candidates are entitled for HRA @ 30% of Stipend/Fellowship.
Selection Procedure for Tata Institute for Fundamental Research (TIFR) – Project Assistant Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 7/8/2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Project Assistant Vacancy in Tata Institute for Fundamental Research (TIFR) :
Please send your latest CV along with preprints of papers or project reports demonstrating your computational skills to praveen -at- math [dot] tifrbng [dot] res [dot] in . You must also provide names of two references who can give recommendation regarding your qualifications and work experience.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 7/8/2015
OTHER TOP COMPANIES :
|Company Name||Number of
|Life Insurance Corporation of India||5,586|
|Staff Selection Commission Bihar||4,391|
|Union Public Service Commission||1,241|
|South Eastern Railway||663|
|West Bengal Public Service Commission||592|
|Chhattisgarh Rajya Gramin Bank||589|
|SBI Life Insurance||380|
|Bangiya Gramin Vikash Bank||359|
|Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited / Visakhapatnam Steel Plant||353|
|Food Corporation of India||349|
|South Eastern Coalfields Limited||345|
|Mazagon Dock Limited||336|
|Airports Authority of India||322|
|Odisha Staff Selection Commission||305|
|Odisha Public Service Commission||298|
05-12-2016 , 06-12-2016