Tata Institute for Fundamental Research (TIFR) invites online application for the recruitment of Scientific Officer/ Assistant for B.E./B.Tech./M.Sc holders
Company name :Tata Institute for Fundamental Research (TIFR)
Posts :Scientific Officer/ Assistant
Qualification : B.E./B.Tech./M.Sc
Salary : Rs.9300-34800/- p.m
No of Post : 02
Last date to apply :December 27, 2014
Details of Post :
Scientific Officer/ Assistant
Candidates who have applied against Advertisement No. 2014/15 for the post at Sr. No. 1 need not apply again.
Name of the Post
|Pay Band + Grade Pay (Rs.)||TME|
|1||SCIENTIFIC OFFICER (B) – IT||–||–||1||–||33||PB-2 : Rs.9300-34800+Rs.4800/-||Rs.46328/-|
|2||SCIENTIFIC ASSISTANT (B)||1||–||–||–||28||PB-2 : Rs.9300-34800+Rs.4200/-||Rs.35307/-|
SCIENTIFIC OFFICER (B) – IT :
- Qualification : B.E./B.Tech./M.Sc. in Computer Science/Information Technology or an MCA with first class marks.
- Experience : 1-2 years experience in web application development.
- Desirable Qualification & Experience : Formal certification in Oracle DBA or JAVA certified professional.
- Job Requirement : The candidate should (i) have a clear understanding of web application development concepts using the MVC frameworks. (ii) have good programming skills. (iii) have clear concepts of DBMS and SQL. (iv) have knowledge of basic networking concepts. (v) have exposure to both Windows and Linux environments. (vi) be active and open to acquiring new skills. (vii) have good communication and interpersonal skills. Candidates with exposure to Linux system administration and/or android based application development will be given weightage.
- Job Profile : The candidate will be required to (i) work on software development projects in a team e.g. web application development using JSP/Servlets, android based applications. (ii) resolve bugs in the existing software. (iii) identify user problems related to software/network. (iv) prepare design documents and user manuals.
SCIENTIFIC ASSISTANT (B) :
- Qualification : a) B.Sc. in Chemistry with minimum 60% marks. (b) Knowledge of use of personal computers and its applications.
- Experience : 0 – 2 years experience in Research Laboratory. The selected candidate will be required to work in 24×7 shift duties and/or on holidays depending on requirement.
- Desirable : Knowledge of thin film evaporation, sample preparation.
Higher starting salary could be considered for deserving candidates. Candidates are liable to be transferred to other Centres/Field Stations of the Institute, if required.
General Information :
- Appointment for the above posts will be initially for a period of three years, including probation period of one year. Continuing appointment beyond the initial period of three years will be subject to the results of a comprehensive review and performance appraisal. After successful review, the appointment is continued till superannuation age, which is sixty.
- Prescribed age should not exceed as on July 1, 2014 for the above posts.
- Candidates having qualifications higher than prescribed may not be considered on the grounds of over qualification.
- Post/s for general category (unreserved) – SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates can also apply.
- Selected candidate for the post at sr. no. 2 will be required to work in shifts.
- Selected candidates for the above posts will be governed by the New Pension Scheme applicable to the Central Government service [unless she/he is already governed by CCS (Pension) Rules 1972].
- Applications from candidates belonging to Unreserved, Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward Class will be accepted ONLY ON-LINE.
- Candidates who are eligible for age relaxation as per extant GOI rules (other than candidates belonging to SC, ST & OBC) are required to submit applications by POST, alongwith a copy of relevant certificate in support of age relaxation (for example ex-servicemen, persons with disabilities etc.) [SC, ST and OBC candidates applying for unreserved posts are not eligible for age relaxation and should apply online].
- Incomplete applications and applications without photocopy of certificate in support of age relaxation and applications received after the last date shall not be considered. Applicants in Government/Semi-Government/Public Sector Undertaking must apply through proper channel. Applicants who do not send their applications through proper channel, if called, will be interviewed only upon submission of an NOC from the competent authority.
HOW TO APPLY :
- On-Line applications must be submitted by December 27, 2014 and applications by post must reach Head, Establishment by December 27, 2014. Applicants who are required to send the applications by post must superscribe the post applied for, Advertisement No. & Serial Number of the post on the envelope. The format of the application is as prescribed for on-line applications.
- NOTE : The candidates are required to produce following original documents with copies at the time of test/interview : a. Printout of online application form. b. Identity Proof (Adhar Card / Election Card / PAN Card / Passport / Driving License). c. Date of birth/Proof of age. d. Educational Qualification (all mark sheets and certificates) e. Experience certificate/s. f. ST certificate (wherever applicable) in the Government of India format.
- Outstation candidates called for interview for the above posts will be paid single second class return train fare for the journey by the shortest route from the nearest railway station of their place of residence to the nearest railway station of the place of interview on the production of photocopies of onward and return journey tickets.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply :December 27, 2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From TIFR|
11-12-2016 , 12-12-2016