Tata Institute for Fundamental Research (TIFR) invites online application for the recruitment of Engineer Trainee & More Vacancies for BE/B.Tech(CSE)/B.Sc/Graduate holders
Company name : Tata Institute for Fundamental Research (TIFR)
Posts : Engineer Trainee & More Vacancies
Qualification : BE/B.Tech(CSE)/B.Sc/Graduate
Salary : Rs.9300-34800/- p.m
No of Openings : 06
Location : Mumbai
Last date to apply : 23 Aug 2014
Details of Post :
Engineer Trainee & More Vacancies
Applications are invited for the following posts tenable at Mumbai :
|Sr.No.||Name of the Post||Reservations||AgeBelow||Pay Band + Grade Pay (Rs.)||TME|
|1||ENGINEER TRAINEE||2||–||–||–||28||Stipend : Rs.25000/- p.m.|
|2||SCIENTIFIC ASSISTANT (B)||–||1||–||–||33||PB-2 : Rs.9300-34800+Rs.4200/-||34250/-|
|3||SCIENTIFIC ASSISTANT (B)||–||–||1||–||33||PB-2 : Rs.9300-34800+Rs.4200/-||34250/-|
|4||ASSISTANT SECURITY OFFICER (A)||–||1||–||–||40||PB-2 : Rs.9300-34800+Rs.4200/-||34250/-|
|5||ASSISTANT SECURITY OFFICER (A)||–||–||–||1||38||PB-2 : Rs.9300-34800+Rs.4200/-||34250/-|
Sr. No. 1 : ENGINEER TRAINEE : Appointment will be initially for a period of one year. Extension by another one year is possible for candidate with outstanding performance.
- Qualification : B.E/ B.Tech in Computer Science or Information Technology from a recognized university.
- Desirable : i) B.E/ B.Tech in Computer Science or Information Technology from a recognized university with 60% marks or more. (ii) 1 to 2 years experience in web application development in PHP and RDBMS in a Linux environment, Core Java programming. (iii) Linux system administration and /or android based application development.
- Job Requirement : Candidate (i) should have a clear understanding of secure web application development concepts. (ii) should have good programming and analytical skills. (iii) should have clear concepts of PHP and RDBMS. (iv) should have knowledge of basic networking concepts. (v) should have clear concepts of application development. (vi) knowledge of digital signatures.
- Job Profile : Candidate Should (i) independently work on software development projects e.g. web application development using PHP and RDBMS, Android based application development. (ii) knowledge of secure application development. (iii) identify and resolve bugs in the existing application. (iv) prepare design documents and user manuals. (v) be active and open for acquiring new skills. (vi) have good communication and interpersonal skills.
Sr. No. 2 : SCIENTIFIC ASSISTANT (B) :
- Qualification : a) S.S.C./H.S.C. Diploma in Electrical/Electronics & Telecommunications/Computer Science from a reputed institute with 60% marks.
- Experience : 1-2 years experience in Systems & Network Administration.
- Desirable : It is desirable for candidates to have hands-on-experience in Linux system administration and/or network management in varied topologies. Certification from Redhat/Juniper will be given additional credit.
- Job Requirement :1. To Administer and support a large user base of 1000 or more for any IT related service requests.2. Has to work in shifts.3. Will be required to support the rest of a team in managing IT services including managing mail, web servers, high-performance compute servers and web applications hosted on Linux platform.4. Must be able to manage Linux servers and handle user requests on system management issues.5. May have primary responsibility in network management in different network topologies, IP allocation for efficient sub-netting and support services for network related issues.6. Should have basic knowledge in Linux Shell Scripting.
Sr. No. 3 : SCIENTIFIC ASSISTANT (B) :
- Qualification : i) B.Sc. with minimum 60% marks AND Graduate in Library Science with minimum 60% marks. (ii) Knowledge of use of personal computers and its applications.
- Experience : 2 years in a well established Scientific/Technical Library.
- Desirable : Preference will be given to candidates having extensive knowledge of Information Technology including the use of Library Management Softwares.
- Job Requirements : Besides the routine library operations, the candidate is required to take care of the computerized activities in the library. Initiation to create a digital library and web-based services is expected.
Sr. No. 4 & 5 : ASSISTANT SECURITY OFFICER (A) :
- Qualification : (i) Graduate (ii) Knowledge of use of personal computers and applications (iii) NCC Certificate (C) OR Advanced Civil Defence Course Certificate/Home Guard Training.
- Experience : Five years experience in Security in a large and reputed PSU/Industry/Research Institutions.
- Physical Fitness : Height more than 165 cms. ; Chest 80-85 cms.
- Weight corresponding to height and age as per medical standard.
- Eye sight : The minimum distance vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 both eyes without glasses and colour recognition.
Physical Efficiency Test :
- Running Fitness 100 meters in 16 seconds and 1.6 km in 6.30 minutes
- Long jump 3.5 metres (3 chances)
- High jump 1.05 metres (3 chances)
- Short put (7.26 kgs) 4.5 metres
- Chin ups Upto 30 years : 08 – 09 numbers 30 – 40 years : 05 – 06 numbers
- Push ups 40 – 45 years : 16 – 17 numbersAbove 45 years : 12 – 13 numbers
- Sit ups Upto 30 years : 25 –29 numbers30 – 40 years : 20 – 24 numbers 40 – 45 years : 15 – 19 numbersAbove 45 years : 10 – 14 numbers
(Relaxation in Physical Fitness to members of some communities as per extant GOI rules).
Desirable : Experience in Safety and Fire Management in a large and reputed organization.
Note : Ex-Servicemen/Ex-CAPF – not below Junior Commissioned Officer or equivalent or having five years experience as Non-Commissioned Officer or equivalent may also apply. If selected, they will be offered grade pay of Rs.4600/- [Assistant Security Officer (B)]. Age relaxation is as per rules.Higher starting salary could be considered for deserving candidates at sr.nos. 2 to 5. Candidates at sr. nos. 2 to 5 are liable to be transferred to other Centres/Field Stations of the Institute, if required.
General Information :
- Appointment for the posts at sr.nos. 2 & 3 will be initially for a period of three years, including probation period of one year. Continuing appointment beyond the initial period of three years will be subject to the results of a comprehensive review and performance appraisal. After successful review, the appointment is continued till superannuation age, which is sixty.
- Institute will not provide accommodation for the candidates selected for the position at Sr.No. 1.
- Prescribed age should not exceed as on July 1, 2014 for the above posts.
- Post/s for general category (unreserved) – SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates can also apply.
- Selected candidates for the posts at sr. nos. 2 to 5 will be required to work in shifts.
- Selected candidates for the posts at sr. nos. 2 to 5 will be governed by the New Pension Scheme applicable to the Central Government service [unless she/he is already governed by CCS (Pension) Rules 1972].
- Applications from candidates belonging to Unreserved, Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward Class will be accepted ONLY ON-LINE.
- Candidates applying for unreserved posts and who are eligible for age relaxation as per extant GOI rules are required to submit applications by POST, alongwith a copy of relevant certificate in support of age relaxation (for example ex-servicemen, persons with disabilities etc.) [SC,ST and OBC candidates applying for unreserved posts are not eligible for age relaxation and should apply online].
- Incomplete applications and applications without photocopy of certificate in support of age relaxation and applications received after the last date shall not be considered. Applicants in Government/Semi-Government/Public Sector Undertaking must apply through proper channel. Applicants who do not send their applications through proper channel, if called, will be interviewed only upon submission of an NOC from the competent authority.
- On-Line applications must be submitted by August 23, 2014 and applications by post must reach Head, Establishment by August 23, 2014. Applicants who are required to send the applications by post must superscribe the post applied for & Serial Number of the post on the envelope. The format of the application is as prescribed for on-line applications.
- NOTE : The candidates are required to produce printout of online application and original certificates along with the copies of certificates mentioned below at the time of test/interview.
- Copies of Certificates :
- Date of birth /Proof of Age
- Educational Qualification (all mark sheets and certificates)
- SC, ST, OBC certificate (wherever applicable) in the Government of India format. OBC candidates should submit a valid copy of the non-creamy layer certificate issued by competent authority in the Govt. of India format. The OBC certificate in GOI format should be preferably for the current financial year on the date of closing of application or utmost not earlier than one year from the date of closing of application.
- Outstation candidates called for interview for the above posts will be paid single second class return train fare for the journey by the shortest route from the nearest railway station of their place of residence to the nearest railway station of the place of interview on the production of photocopies of onward and return journey tickets.
- The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Mere fulfilling the essential and desirable qualifications will not entitle an applicant to be called for interview. More vacancies may also be filled through this advertisement. The Institute reserves the right not to fill any/some posts herein advertised. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 23 Aug 2014
|Click here for More Details||Click here to apply|
|All Jobs From TIFR|