Tata Institute for Fundamental Research (TIFR) invites application for the recruitment of Scientific Officer, Project Scientist Assistant with SSSC/ HSC/ B.Sc/ Diploma,B.E./ B.Tech educational background
Company name : Tata Institute for Fundamental Research (TIFR)
Posts :Scientific Officer, Project Scientist Assistant
Qualification : SSC/ HSC/ B.Sc/ Diploma,B.E./ B.Tech
Salary : Rs.15,600 – Rs.39,100/- p.m
No of Openings : 02
Location : Hyderabad
Last date to apply : 25.11.2014
Details of Post :
Scientific Officer, Project Scientist Assistant:
SCIENTIFIC OFFICER (C) :
- No of post : One Post [Unreserved]
- Pay Band (PB-3) : Rs.15600-39100 + Grade Pay Rs. 5400/- ; TME : Rs. 56,394/- ; HQ : Hyderabad.
- Essential qualification : (a) Degree in Engineering B.E. / B.Tech. in Computer Science / Electronics and Communication / Electrical with minimum 60% marks (OR) Post-graduate in Computer Science / Physics / Mathematics with minimum 60% marks. (b) 1-2 years of experience in the relevant field.
- Essential skills: Linux systems administration . Proficient in networking concepts able to administer a L2/L3 managed LAN. Working knowledge and ability to administer Internet leased lines . Working knowledge of computer architecture, storage, and networking concepts. Understanding of BASH shell scripting including understanding existing scripts and writing new scripts. Software installation and maintenance on Linux, UNIX, Windows and Mac operating system. Ability to learn on the job. English language communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to function in a team environment.
- Desirable skills: Working knowledge of parallel programming. Working knowledge of MPI, Open MP, Pthreads etc. Exposure to parallel file systems such as Gluster FS or Lustre.
- Job Description: The System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/ configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure as well as it’s day to day maintenance. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, students and faculty.
- Age : Below 28 years, as on July 1, 2014
PROJECT SCIENTIFIC ASSISTANT (B):
- No of post : One post [Unreserved]; Appointment is temporary and will be renewed each year up to a total period of three years;
- Consolidated Pay : Rs. 30,500/- p.m. (including HRA of Rs. 4050/-); HQ: Hyderabad.
- Qualifications & Experience: (a) SSC/HSC and Diploma in Electronics / Communications / Electrical / Computer Science with minimum 60% marks (OR) B.Sc. with Physics / Mathematics / Computer Science with minimum 60% marks (OR) Equivalent from a reputed university. (b) Knowledge of use of personal computers and its applications (c) 0-2 years experience in the relevant field.
- Essential skills: Working knowledge in Windows / Linux / Mac Environment. Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking technologies. Installation and troubleshooting of Desktop PC’s, Printers and other peripheral devices. Installation and troubleshooting of Wireless networks
- Desirable skills: Microsoft or Redhat Linux certification. CCNA certification. 1 year work experience
- Age: Below 28 years as on July 1, 2014
- TME : Total Monthly Emoluments.
How to apply:
Applications giving full details together with copies of relevant certificates/ testimonials in the following format and superscribing the post applied& Serial number of the post for on the envelope should reach to The Administrative Officer, TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Plot No. 21, Brundavan Colony, CBIT Post Office, Gandipet Road, Rajendranagar Revenue Mandal, Ranga Reddy District, Hyderabad – 500 075within 15 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in Employment News.
Important Dates to Remember:
Last date to apply: 25.11.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From TIFR|
25-10-2016 , 26-10-2016