Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Academic and Administrative Manager through recruitment notification – Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Recruitment 2015 – ADVT. REF. NO.TISS/PROG.MGR.DSO/MARCH/2015 . Candidates who have completed Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Academic and Administrative Manager on or before April 11, 2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)|
|Vacancy Name||Academic and Administrative Manager|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Posts|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||April 11, 2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||TATA INSTITUTE OF SOCIAL SCIENCES V.N. Purav Marg, Deonar, Mumbai 400 088|
Detail of Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Academic and Administrative Manager Recruitment:
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) which was established in 1936 is a Deemed University fully funded by the University Grant Commission (UGC), Government of India. The TISS offers 49 Master Degree Programmes in a range of Socially relevant inter-disciplinary of Social Work, Social Sciences, Health, Management, Labour Studies, Habitat Studies and Rural Development from its Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad Campuses. It has a strong M.Phil/Ph.D programme a high degree of freedom and autonomy shape the positive work ethos and creativity in the Institute. The TISS offers a very challenging but fulfilling academic environment and opportunities to scholars committed to creating a just society through education, generation of knowledge and field action.
Applications are invited for one post of Academic and Administrative Manager on contractual payment of Rs. 40,000/- per month for Doctoral Students Office (DSO) at Institute. He/she is expected to contribute to the smooth conduct of the M.Phil and Ph. D. Programmes of the Institute. The appointment is on tenure for one year initially and extendable based on performance of candidate and requirement by the Institute.
The candidates who wish to apply should be Post Graduate in any discipline (preferably Social Sciences) with an additional qualification or sound hands-on experience in working with computers, especially in Office software like Word processor, Excel, Power point etc.
The candidate should have a minimum experience of three years that include dealing with admissions, conducting examinations, compilation of results, corresondance with faculty, staff, parents, other instituttions etc., and day-to-day administration. Good drafting skills in English and ability to speak in English are essential.
- Age not exceeding 35 years. However there shall be no age limit for the candidates those are already in employment. The candidate shall report to the Dean, Doctoral Stundents Office about the status of various ongoing activities and also undertake the assignments given to him/her from time to time .
- Application fee: The application fee of Rs. 300/- be paid on-line. The SC/ST/PWD candidates will be waived from the application fee if they attach the required certificate to the online application form. The application will be valid only on receipt of the application fee for those who are required to pay. Fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- The Institute reserves the right to relax qualification of the candidate based on the work experience and to relax age in the case of persons already holding comparable positions in a University/research institution of repute,
- The institute reserves the right to invite persons for interview who may not have applied for as per the above procedure and not fill up the vacancy advertised.
- Since applications received may be short listed, merely possessing the prescribed qualifications and the requisite experience would not entitle a person to be called for interview.
- The post is unreserved, but candidates belonging to reserved category can apply. The reservations, relaxations and concessions for SC/ST/OBC(NC)/PWD candidates shall be applicable as per Government of India rules
- No queries or correspondence regarding issue of call letter for interview / selection of candidates for the post will be entertained at any stage and canvassing in any form is strictly prohibited and will lead to the candidate being debarred from consideration for the post.
- The SC/ST/OBC(NC)/PWD candidates called for presentation/interview must necessarily submit the certificate in the format prescribed by the Government of India. OBC candidates are required to submit a certificate regarding his/her ‘OBC status and non-creamy layer status’ in the prescribed GoI format duly issued on or after 01/01/2014 by the competent authority.
- The candidate under employment must bring ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer to appear for presentation/ interview.
- No TA / DA is payable for appearing for the interview.
- In case of any inadvertent error in the advertisement and in the process of recruitment, which may be detected at any stage, even after issue of appointment order, the Institute reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidate(s).
Selection Procedure for Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) – Academic and Administrative Manager Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before April 11, 2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How to apply for Academic and Administrative Manager Vacancy in Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS):
- The candidates are requested to apply online through the link (Apply now) provided alongwith this advertisement on Institute’s website www.tiss.edu.
- The candidates are required to take a print of acknowledgement of online application and keep it for future reference.
- Last date of Receipt of Application: April 11, 2015.
- Interview: The eligible candidates will be communicated by an e-mail and mobile phone to appear for the interview to be conducted at TISS.
- The selected candidate has to join immediately.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job April 11, 2015
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Recruitment 2015 – ADVT. REF. NO.TISS/PROG.MGR.DSO/MARCH/2015
12-12-2016 , 13-12-2016