Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Assistant Professor through recruitment notification – Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Recruitment 2015 – TISS/ADVT/CH&MH/SSW/SEPT/ 2015. Candidates who have completed Masters Degree can apply for the new recruitment notification from Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Assistant Professor on or before 14/10/2015. Find More information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
Vacancy Name :Assistant Professor
Educational Qualification : Any Masters Degree
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : Rs.55,000/-pm
Job Location : Mumbai
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 14/10/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), V.N. Purav Marg, Deonar, Mumbai 400 088
Detail Of Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Assistant Professor Recruitment:
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) which was established in 1936 is a Deemed University fully funded by the University Grant Commission (UGC), Government of India. The TISS offers 53 Master Degree Programmes in a range of Socially relevant inter-disciplinary of Social Work, Social Sciences, Health, Management, Labour Studies, Habitat Studies and Rural Development from its Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad Campuses. It has a strong M.Phil/Ph.D programme a high degree of freedom and autonomy shape the positive work ethos and creativity in the Institute. The TISS offers a very challenging but fulfilling academic environment and opportunities to scholars committed to creating a just society through education, generation of knowledge and field action.
- The School invites interested scholars to apply for One post of Assistant Professor in Centre for Health & Mental Health, School of Social Work. The posts will be on contract basis initially for a period of one year which may be extended based on the performance. The total monthly remunerations will be Rs. 55,000/-.
- Educational Qualification: Good academic record with at least 55% of the marks or an equivalent grade of ‘B’ in the 7 point scale with letter grades O, A, B, C, D, E and F at the Master’s Degree (or equivalent) level in Social Work and Ph.D. in relevant field from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. A relaxation of 5% will be provided from 55% to 50% of the marks at the Master’s level for the SC/ST category candidates, and to the Ph.D. Degree holders who have passed their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September 1991. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in teaching and research in Mental Health. Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
- Candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities
Selection Procedure For Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) – Assistant Professor Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 14/10/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Assistant Professor Vacancy in Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS):
Last date of Receipt of Application: October 14, 2015. The eligible candidates will be communicated by an e-mail and mobile phone to appear for the presentation and interview to be conducted at TISS. Application fee: The application fee of Rs. 500/- be paid on-line. The SC/ST/PWD candidates will be waived from the application fee if they attach the required certificate to the online application form. The application will be valid only on receipt of the application fee for those who are required to pay. Fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
Important Dates To Remember:
Last Date to Apply for this job 14/10/2015
Reference: Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Recruitment 2015 – TISS/ADVT/CH&MH/SSW/SEPT/ 2015