Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Legal Associate through recruitment notification – Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Recruitment 2015 . Candidates who have completed LLB can apply for the new recruitment notification from Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS).
Eligible candidates can apply online/ offline for the Job Legal Associate on or before 15/07/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
Vacancy Name : Legal Associate
Educational Qualification : LLB
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : Rs-20,000/-pm
Job Location : Mumbai
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 15/07/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), V N Purav Marg,Opposite the Deonar Bus Depot, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400088
Detail Of Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Legal Associate Recruitment:
- TISS, Legal Services Clinic requires a candidate for the post of Legal Associate with at least 3-4 years of experience in the area of rights and law relating to marginalized and vulnerable groups to undertake research and training to translate the research into advocacy agenda for policy reform.
- Familiarity with relevant developments in human rights law, particularly the CEDAW, will be desirable.
- The post is to be filled on contract basis initially for a period of one year and may be extended based on the performance of the candidate and the requirement of the institute.
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
- In June, 2014, TISS School of Law, Rights and Constitutional Governance started the TISS Legal Services Clinic in partnership with the Maharashtra Legal Services Authority, UNDP and GOI’s Department of Justice.
- The TISS legal services provide free legal advice to marginalised populations, conducts legal awareness trainings and sessions for NGOs and community based workers and develops simplified legal materials.
- The aim is to empower communities to access their rights by linking them to the duty bearers.
- The clinic also collaborates with the District Legal Services Authority to provide free legal aid for marginalised groups.
Name of the post: Legal Associate
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- The candidate must have a demonstrated experience of research, training and writing in the area of laws and rights Key qualifications include:
- A law degree with at least 3 years of work experience in India in relation to legal aid and laws and rights relating to marginalized and vulnerable groups.
- An advanced qualification in law or relevant social sciences is desirable but not essential
- Excellent research and writing skills. A record of undertaking research and writing of papers, reports, presentations will be an added advantage.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English and Hindi and Marathi
- Demonstrated experience with creating training modules and conducting trainings. organizing and conducting trainings in community contexts
- A self-starter with leadership and initiative, with capacity plan ahead, keep to time lines, ensure outputs and prepare reports.
- A team player with good inter-personal skills capable of consultative processes.
- Ability to write simply as part of outreach and advocacy, while also skilled at serious research based writing.
Consolidated salary of Rs. 20,000 per month. Salary and benefits commensurate with educational qualification and work experience.
Selection Procedure For Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) – Legal Associate Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 15/07/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Legal Associate Vacancy in Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS):
- The applicant should send a CV, a statement of interest [no more than two pages] stating what the applicant brings to the position.
- The application must be accompanied by one sample of written work on the areas of human rights or rights relating to marginalized and vulnerable groups, and two references, one of whom is from the last 3 years of work.
- Only applications with the required attachments will be considered complete.
- It can be sent by e-mail to [email protected] or post to Mr. Rohan Waghmare, Room no. 609, G-10 bldg, Naoroji Campus, TISS, Deonar, Mumbai 400088. Contact no: 022-25525389.
- Last date for receipt of application: July 15, 2015
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 15/07/2015
Top Company Openings:
27-02-2017 , 28-02-2017