Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Research Assistant through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed M.A can apply for the new recruitment notification from Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Research Assistant Job on or before 20/7/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
Vacancy Name : Research Assistant
Educational Qualification : M.A
Total No of Vacancy : 01 Post
Salary : Rs.25,000-30,000/- p.m
Job Location : Mumbai
Last Date to Apply for this job : 20/7/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) , Mumbai
Detail of Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Research Assistant Recruitment:
Tata Institute of Social Sciences(TISS) is currently initiating a research project on ‘Ethnic Power Relations (EPR) and Conflict in Fragile States’, as part of an international project. The primary objective of the study will be to identify the role of formal organizations, including political organizations, in representing the political interests of specific ethnic groups. Recent empirical studies have shown that political and economic inequalities along ethnic lines increase the risk of ethnic conflict. However, while existing research convincingly links inequalities to conflict, we know much less about the important processes of collective action and group mobilization that lie in between these two variables, i.e. about the organizational actors that translate ethnic grievances into political actions, be they peaceful or violent. And, this is the focus of EPR study that TISS is now undertaking. We are looking for a ‘Research Assistant’ to work on contract basis from TISSMumbai, initially for a period of six months (with possibility of subsequent extension in the same position subject to satisfactory performance)
- Remuneration: 25,000 INR – 30,000 INR per month (depending on the qualification & experience)
- Qualifications required: 1) M.A. in Economics/ Political Science/Sociology/ Public Policy/ Development Studies/Geography or in any other related subject 2) Applicants with work experience would be given preference but freshers can also apply 3) Previous research/ projects experience using “Statistical Tools” and Computer skills – MS Office (word, excel, powerpoint) 4) Ability to work with an international team 5) Fluent in English – reading, writing and speaking 6) Willingness to travel for field work (when required)
Selection Procedure for Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) – Research Assistant Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 20/7/2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Research Assistant Vacancy in Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) :
- Please send your resume/CV, with your daytime telephone number and Skype ID to: Subhankar Nayak (email@example.com). with the subject line “Research AssistantEPR Project”
- Last date for applications is 20th July 2015 . Applications received after due date will be kept in roster for future requirement.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 20/7/2015