Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Research Fellowship through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS).
Eligible candidates can apply online/ offline for the Research Fellowship Job on or before 05 September 2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
Vacancy Name : Research Fellowship
Educational Qualification : M.Phil/Ph.d
Total No of Vacancy : 04 Post
Salary : Rs.25,000/- p.m
Job Location : Patna
Last Date to Apply for this job : 05 September 2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : DPS Senior Wing Campus, Village: Chandmari, P.S.: Shahpur, Danapur Cantonment, Patna – 801502
Detail of Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Research Fellowship Recruitment:
- Eligibility: The candidate must have a master’s degree with good academic record. The applicants may be regular students enrolled in PhD programmes in any part of the country, OR independent researchers OR career professionals working in civil society organizations and involved in research activities. The upper age limit for fellowship is 40 years.
- Procedure for Application Candidates should submit their application by mail in a prescribed format along with a brief proposal stating: a) title (a tentative title will be accepted) of their proposed research; b) statement of the problem; c) objectives; d) methodology; e) area of field work; f) duration of study; and g) scope of publication. The proposal should not exceed 2500 words. Applications without proposal will not be considered for shortlisting.
- Nature of Assistance Available under the Fellowship The number of fellowships available: four (4)
- The financial assistance available under the fellowship is as follows: a) Monthly Fellowship: Rs.25,000/- b) Annual Contingency: Rs.25,000/- (contingency will cover purchase of books, stationary, Xeroxing of source material, and field work upon production of original bill/receipt). The tenure of the fellowship is up to 12 months from the date of joining subject to satisfactory progress of the work. The fellows will be based at the Centre for Development Practice and Research of TISS Patna. They will report regarding progress of their work to the Incharge of the Centre. The Fellow should not accept or hold any other position, paid or otherwise, or receive emoluments, salary, stipend, etc. from any other source during the tenure of the fellowship. If needed, the fellows will be assigned TISS faculty as their mentor. The fellowship may be terminated at any time during the tenure, and the decision of TISS shall be final and binding.
Selection Procedure for Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) – Research Fellowship Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 05 September 2015.
- The call for application will be posted on the TISS Website and advertised in the Economic and Political Weekly (EPW) as well as through formal and informal networks.
- The applications received will be placed before a short-listing/screening cum selection committee constituted for this purpose. Selected candidates will be called for an interview. The decision of the Committee will be final and binding. The TISS will issue the award letter to the successful candidates. TISS reserves the right to withdraw/cancel the award without assigning any reason.
How to apply for Research Fellowship Vacancy in Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) :
Interested and eligible candidates may submit their applications by mail. Prescribed application form and details regarding eligibility, submission of a research proposal, etc. can be downloaded from the TISS website www.tiss.edu. Mail should be sent to [email protected] by 5th September 2015. Applications submitted past the deadline will not be considered
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 05 September 2015