Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Research Fellowship through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed M.Sc, Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Research Fellowship on or before 28/08/2015. Find More information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
Vacancy Name :Research Fellowship
Educational Qualification : M.Sc, M.Phil/Ph.d
Total No Of Vacancy : 04 Posts
Salary : Rs.25,000/-pm
Job Location : Patna
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 28/08/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), DPS Senior Wing Campus, Village: Chandmari, P.S.: Shahpur, Danapur Cantonment, Patna – 801502
Detail Of Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Research Fellowship Recruitment:
- Objectives 1. To promote critical social science research on Bihar in themes related to migration, elementary education, social policy, and community mobilization and social movement 2. To promote publication on Bihar based on empirically rigorous and theoretically sound research
- Eligibility: The candidate must have a master’s degree with good academic record. The applicants may be regular students enrolled in PhD programmes in any part of the country, OR independent researchers OR career professionals working in civil society organizations and involved in research activities. The upper age limit for fellowship is 40 years.
- The number of fellowships available: four (4) The financial assistance available under the fellowship is as follows:
- Monthly Fellowship: Rs.25,000/- Annual Contingency: Rs.25,000/- (contingency will cover purchase of books, stationary, Xeroxing of source material, and field work upon production of original bill/receipt).
- The tenure of the fellowship is up to 12 months from the date of joining subject to satisfactory progress of the work. The fellows will be based at the Centre for Development Practice and Research of TISS Patna. They will report regarding progress of their work to the Incharge of the Centre. The Fellow should not accept or hold any other position, paid or otherwise, or receive emoluments, salary, stipend, etc. from any other source during the tenure of the fellowship. If needed, the fellows will be assigned TISS faculty as their mentor.
- The fellowship may be terminated at any time during the tenure, and the decision of TISS shall be final and binding.
- Output The fellows are expected to submit a publishable manuscript towards the end of their fellowship. TISS will provide support to the fellows in publishing the manuscript in a book or other appropriate forms
Selection Procedure For Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) – Research Fellowship Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 28/08/2015
- The call for application will be posted on the TISS Website and advertised in the Economic and Political Weekly (EPW) as well as through formal and informal networks.
How To Apply For Research Fellowship Vacancy in Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS):
Procedure for Application Candidates should submit their application by mail in a prescribed format along with a brief proposal stating: a) title (a tentative title will be accepted) of their proposed research; b) statement of the problem; c) objectives; d) methodology; e) area of field work; f) duration of study; and g) scope of publication. The proposal should not exceed 2500 words. Applications without proposal will not be considered for shortlisting. Nature of Assistance Available under the Fellowship
Important Dates To Remember:
Last Date to Apply for this job 28/08/2015
25-01-2017 , 26-01-2017