Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Associate Professor & More Vacancies through recruitment notification – Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Recruitment 2015 – TISS/ADVT/CEIAR /SEPTEMBER 2015. Candidates who have completed Masters Degree, Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Associate Professor & More Vacancies on or before 15/10/2015. Find More information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
Vacancy Name :Associate Professor & More Vacancies
Educational Qualification : Any Masters Degree, M.Phil/Ph.d
Total No Of Vacancy : 07 Posts
Salary : Rs.15,000-55,000/-pm
Job Location : Mumbai
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 15/10/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), V.N. Purav Marg, Deonar, Mumbai 400 088
Detail Of Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Associate Professor & More Vacancies Recruitment:
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) which was established in 1936 is a Deemed University fully funded by the University Grant Commission (UGC), Government of India. The TISS offers 56 Master Degree Programmes in a range of Socially relevant inter-disciplinary of Social Work, Social Sciences, Health, Management, Labour Studies and Habitat Studies from its Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad Campuses. It has a strong M.Phil/Ph.D programme a high degree of freedom and autonomy shape the positive work ethos and creativity in the Institute. The TISS offers a very challenging but fulfilling academic environment and opportunities to practitioners committed to creating a just society through education, generation of knowledge and field action and invites interested persons located within and outside India to apply for the following positions at the Centre for Education Innovation and Action Research (CEIAR).
- Total No of Post : 03 Post
- Educational Qualification and Experience: Good academic record with at least 55% of the marks or an equivalent grade of ‘B’ in the 7 point scale with letter grades O, A, B, C, D, E and F at the Master’s Degree level from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university, in the relevant discipline/Education. A relaxation of 5% will be provided from 55% to 50% of the marks at the Master’s level for the SC/ST category candidates, and to the Ph.D. Degree holders who have passed their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September 1991. For Associate Professor, PhD in the relevant discipline(s)/Education. A minimum of 10 years of teaching at PG level and above/ research and publications.
- The requirements for specific specialisation are indicated below: English Language Teaching (ELT) MA English/ MEd/ MA Education/ MPhil or PhD (Education, ELT) and knowledge and experience of ELT curriculum, assessment and pedagogy Teachers Professional Development MSc Science / MPhil or PhD (Education) with experience of TPD or Research in Education Education Policies and Quantitative Analysis MA (Economics or Psychology) with econometrics/ Psychometrics/ MPhil or PhD (Economics or Psychology) with knowledge of quantitative methods, statistics and research.
Total No of Post : 04 Posts
- The core mission of the UX developer is to work with the team to build good use able user interfaces. The engineer must be accountable and responsible to the team and always uphold high standards. The whole team is accountable for building quality software, thus the software must be developed using Test Driven Development and Behavior Driven Development to uncover requirements and catch/fix bug early in the development process. Lastly, the position requires continuous learning. The engineer must be motivated and eager to learn new skills, and become a Software Craftsman.
- Key Responsibilities: 1. Core development of User experience and Graphical User Interface. 2. Working with curriculum teams to design and develop learning modules 3. Researching technical aspects other educational technology products and related open source resources 4. Maintaining and updating trackers as part of ongoing monitoring for the programme 5. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the Lead Technologist (TISS) and Programme Director 6. Documenting the development process and periodic reporting to project leads and other teams
- Qualifications: M. Sc IT or Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience: 4-5 years of experience in UI or UX development project
- Skills & Competencies Required: 1. Team player that can thrive within a team, but also work independently when required 2. Experience with MVC frameworks such as: Django, WordPress, Joomla or Drupal along with templates integration, customization. 3. Must be able work on CSS, Java Script and HTML5 comfortably. 4. Experience using jQuery plugin integration and customization. 5. 2 – 3 years of experience working in an Agile environment 6. Good written and verbal communication skills 7. Ability to understand requirements and translate them into a domain. Then translating that domain to design working software. 8. Comfortable with pairing with other developers and/or QA team members 9. Comfortable in developing and testing responsive websites. 10. Experience using Version Control Systems such as git, SVN, Mercurial or similar
- Remuneration: The gross annual remuneration for the position is Rs. 5 to 6 lakhs. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history, of the selected candidate.
- The person will provide technological support to CEIAR and in particular will be involved in data management, website etc. Key Responsibilities:
1. Provide support to project management, administration, research and documentation at the central and state levels. 2. Maintaining and updating research software and packages based on programme requirements. 3. Provide support to R & M team to develop instruments. 4. Collation and support for analysis of data collected under the programme 5. Communicate directly with vendors to manage equipment support. 6. Provide technical support to field teams, Computer Lab Assistants etc in the area of computer operations and maintenance. 7. Assist the Lead Technologist in carrying out various tasks.
- Qualifications: BTech/MSc/MCA with computing
- Experience: 2-3 years of experience in data management projects
- Skills & Competencies Required: 1. Candidate must have a proven track record of data management and information management. 2. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills. 3. Must have ability to work with research software. 4. Must be willing to undertake extensive travel to implementation sites. 5. Web design and administration experience.
- Remuneration: Gross annual remuneration of Rs. 3 to 6 lakhs (Rs. 25000 per month upwards). Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history, of the selected candidate.
- The Documentation officer will be expected to play a key role in maintaining, organising and sourcing resources and database, collating, documenting and organising different kinds of material (textual, multimedia and e resources) that would be useful for the education, curriculum, Teacher Professional Development and Research Key Job Responsibilities: 1. Organising and managing the documentation unit of the CEIAR 2. Acquiring/Sourcing/searching of documents, annotating, filing and disseminating the documents 3. Building data bases of resources 4. Presenting/sharing the acquisitions of new documents on a regular basis 5. Assisting the CEIAR team with regards to their documentation needs
- Educational Qualification: Graduate or Post graduate in Library Sciences.
- Experience: At least two years of work experience in documentation with a University/Research/Documentation/
- Resource Centre. Skills & Competencies: 1. Technical skills of coding, filing, organising different kinds of material in a systematic and accessible form
2. Skills of searching, acquiring, sourcing documents and e resources 3. Library research skills 4. Knowledge of library information Management Software’s
- Remuneration: The gross annual remuneration for the position is Rs. 15,000 to 25,000 (Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history, of the selected candidate)
Office Assistant cum Accountant:
- This position will ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the Centre’s Bengaluru office and support the work of faculty and Centre team based in Mumbai/Bangalore.
- Qualifications: Graduate from a recognized institution. Experience: Minimum of five years’ experience in general administrative work.
- Skills & Competencies: Knowledge of office procedures People skills Fluency in written and verbal English Proficiency in word processing, spread sheets and internet research abilities Proficiency in the use of office equipment
- Remuneration: Gross annual remuneration for the position is in the range of Rs. 3 to 4 lakhs per annum (starting about 25,000 per month), based on experience and profile.
Selection Procedure For Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) – Associate Professor & More Vacancies Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 15/10/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Associate Professor & More Vacancies Vacancy in Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS):
- Last date of Receipt of Application: 15th October 2015 (online application only). Interview: The eligible candidates will be communicated by an e-mail and mobile phone to appear for the interview to be conducted at Mumbai/ Bengaluru in the last week of October 2015. Application fee: The application fee of Rs. 500/- be paid on-line. For SC/ST/PWD candidates the fee is not applicable. The application will be valid only on receipt of the application fee for those who are required to pay. Fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Other Conditions: The Institute reserves the right to not fill up the vacancies advertised. Since applications received may be short listed, merely possessing the prescribed qualifications and the requisite experience would not entitle a person to be called for interview. No queries or correspondence regarding issue of call letter for interview / selection of candidates for the post will be entertained at any stage and canvassing in any form is strictly prohibited and will lead to the candidate being debarred from consideration for the post. The institute reserves the right to relax qualification of the candidate based on the work experience. No TA / DA is payable for appearing for the interview. The candidates are requested to apply online through the link (Apply now) provided alongwith this advertisement on the Institute’s website www.tiss.edu. The candidates are required to take a print of acknowledgement of online application and keep it for future reference.
Important Dates To Remember:
Last Date to Apply for this job 15/10/2015
Reference: Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Recruitment 2015 – TISS/ADVT/CEIAR /SEPTEMBER 2015