Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Faculty through recruitment notification – Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Recruitment 2015 – ADVERTISEMENT NO: TISS/ADVT/HYD/APRIL 2015. Candidates who have completed Master Degree can apply for the new recruitment notification from Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Faculty on or before 06/05/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)|
|Total No of Vacancy||07 Posts|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||04/05/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Registrar, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai|
Detail of Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Faculty Recruitment:
TISS invites applications from Indian citizens for faculty positions on contract for its Hyderabad campus. Since the inaugural of the campus in 2012, the Institute has expanded with several innovative Masters degree programmes and a unique Under-Graduate programme in Social Sciences. As we expand the requirement for Faculty is also felt. The search is for scholars with strong desire to come together to build a world-class academic institution to facilitate creation of people resources, perspectives and knowledge base to aid fundamental transformation of life condition of the people.
Associate Professor (1 position):
Economics: Applicants should have a PhD in Economics, Business Economics Statistics, or Applied Mathematics and its allied fields from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of research and teaching experience at the post graduate level and a strong publications record. The candidate selected to fill this position should have a background in Development Studies with sound grounding in Development Theories, quantitative research and economic and business data analysis and interpretation with expertise in the relevant computer applications and management information systems. The candidate will be expected to anchor the Development Studies programme at TISS and teach courses in development studies, economics and related subjects across programmes.
Assistant Professors (2 positions):
Two faculty positions (Assistant Professors) for the School of Human Resources Management (SHRM). SRHM envisions training and building capacities of young professionals in the area of human resource management. The activities of the School will involve a spectrum of learning and development initiatives ranging from development of organizational leadership, social leadership, non-profit management, social entreprenuership and CSR managment. It will also work as a platform for high quality research and knowledge sharing on issues of relevance for business, society as well as policy makers. Selected individuals are expected to be located in Hyderabad and will contribute to the design and delivery of Masters programme Human Resource Management (HRM), Executive Diploma in Human Resource Management (HRM) and several Executive Training programmes.
Description of applicant profiles:
- Management: Applicants should have Management PhD/equivalent Degree in Management or Business Administration (focussing on Human Resource Management), Human Resource Management and its allied fields from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. Candidates selected to fill in this position are expected to teach courses related to theory of HRM and System Design, Recruitment and Selection, Performance Management and Potential Development, Learning and Development, OD and Change Management, Knowledge Management Talent Management
- Economics: Applicants should have a PhD/equivalent Degree in Economics, Business Economics Statistics, or Applied Mathematics and its allied fields from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. The candidate selected to fill in this position should have strong background in quantitative research and economic and business data analysis and interpretation with expertise in the relevant computer applications and management information systems. The candidate will be expected to teach courses on economics, business research, business analytics and data management.
- Law: Applicants should have a PhD/equivalent degree in Law / labour law and its allied fields from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. The candidate selected to fill in this position should have a comprehensive understanding of laws and legal systems governing work and employment in India and abroad. The candidate will be expected to teach courses on labour law, collective bargaining, labour administration, work redesign and legal issues related to HRM.
Assistant Professors (4 positions):
Applicants with Ph.D in Environmental Economics; Sociology; Political Science; Psychology; Law & Governance issues; Women’s Studies (with background in political sciences and legal studies/History) and Development Studies from an Indian University or an accredited foreign university are encouraged to apply. Candidates selected in this position will contribute to the MA Development Studies, MA in Women’s Studies or MA in Natural Resources & Governance and also in the undergraduate BA programme. Candidates with strength in quantitative research methods with sound knowledge of statistical packages are preferred.
The eligibility details are as follows:
- Candidates with good academic record; with a PhD and at least two years of post doctoral teaching and research experience are encouraged to apply.
- About the Positions: All positions are offered on contract for a period of 2 years and will be considered for renewal after a due review process. Performance is reviewed each year. TISS provides health cover for the individual and family. An Assistant Professor will receive a consolidated salary of Rs. 55000 per month and will receive medical insurance as per the existing scheme.
Selection Procedure for Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) – Faculty Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 06/05/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How to apply for Faculty Vacancy in Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS):
Please log in to http://recruitment.tiss.edu to apply. The online form is generic and applicable for all positions and campuses. Please choose to fill all the mandatory fields. Online Application will be accepted till 6th May , 2015 upto 5pm IST. Intimation to short listed candidates will take place by 11th May, 2015 Interviews will be conducted between 20th & 23rd May, 2015 at TISS Hyderabad. Selected candidates are expected to join by 10th June 2015 or earlier if they can. Candidates are expected to send two recent publications or writing samples as a PDF via an email to [email protected] These papers may please be mailed after completion of the submission of the online application. Candidates who do not send any publications will not be considered for the personal interview. Application fee: The application fee of Rs. 500/- be paid on-line. For SC/ST/PWD candidates the fee is not applicable. The application will be valid only on receipt of the application fee for those who are required to pay. Fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances. Place on the subject line – Your name – Assistant Professor or Associate Professor All queries pertaining to these positions may be written to [email protected]
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 06/05/2015
Reference: Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Recruitment 2015 – ADVERTISEMENT NO: TISS/ADVT/HYD/APRIL 2015
28-10-2016 , 29-10-2016