Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Faculty Positions through recruitment notification – Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Recruitment 2015 – TISS/ADVT/CEIAR/2/APRIL 2015. Candidates who have completed Master Degree, Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS).
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Faculty Positions Job on or before 15/5/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
Vacancy Name : Faculty Positions
Educational Qualification : Any Masters Degree, M.Phil/Ph.d
Total No of Vacancy : 09 Post
Salary : NA
Job Location : Mumbai
Last Date to Apply for this job : 15/5/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : TATA INSTITUTE OF SOCIAL SCIENCES V.N. Purav Marg, Deonar, Mumbai 400 088
Detail of Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Faculty Positions Recruitment:
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) which was established in 1936 is a Deemed University fully funded by the University Grant Commission (UGC), Government of India. The TISS offers Master Degree Programmes in a range of Socially relevant inter-disciplinary of Social Work, Social Sciences, Health, Management, Labour Studies and Habitat Studies from its Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad Campuses. It has a strong M.Phil/Ph.D programme a high degree of freedom and autonomy shape the positive work ethos and creativity in the Institute. The TISS offers a very challenging but fulfilling academic environment and opportunities to practitioners committed to creating a just society through education, generation of knowledge and field action. TISS invites interested persons with Indian Citizenship located within and outside India to apply for the following contractual positions in Education which are coterminus with the project funding under CLIx.
|SI NO||Area of Specialisation||Number of Positions||Relevant Disciplines in Masters/PhD specialisation|
|1||Policy and Research||1||Education/ Development Studies/Social Sciences|
|2||Mathematics Education with Education Technology/Teacher Professional Development/Assessment||3||Mathematics/ Education/Education Technology|
|3||Teacher professional development||4||Education/Science Education/Mathematics Education/Language Education/Education Technology/Social cience Education|
|4||Life skills Education/Value Education/Citizenship education||1||Child Development/ Psychology/Education|
- Educational Qualification and Experience: 1. Good academic record with at least 55% of the marks or an equivalent grade of ‘B’ in the 7 point scale with letter grades O, A, B, C, D, E and F at the Master’s Degree level from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university, in the relevant discipline/Education. A relaxation of 5% will be provided from 55% to 50% of the marks at the Master’s level for the SC/ST category candidates, and to the Ph.D. Degree holders who have passed their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September 1991. 2. For Associate Professor/Professor: PhD in the relevant discipline(s)/Education. A minimum of 10 years of teaching at PG level/ research and publications. Last date of Receipt of Application: May 15, 2015 (online application only, see below).
- Interview: The eligible candidates will be communicated by an e-mail and mobile phone to appear for the interview to be conducted at Mumbai/Bengaluru in the last week of May, 2015.
- Application fee: The application fee of Rs.500/- to be paid on-line. For SC/ST/PWD candidates the fee is not applicable. The application will be valid only on receipt of the application fee for those who are required to pay. Fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
Selection Procedure for Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) – Faculty Positions Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 15/5/2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Faculty Positions Vacancy in Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) :
The Institute reserves the right to not fill up the vacancies advertised. Since applications received may be short listed, merely possessing the prescribed qualifications and the requisite experience would not entitle a person to be called for interview. No queries or correspondence regarding issue of call letter for interview / selection of candidates for the post will be entertained at any stage and canvassing in any form is strictly prohibited and will lead to the candidate being debarred from consideration for the post. The institute reserves the right to relax qualification of the candidate based on the work experience. No TA / DA is payable for appearing for the interview. The candidates are requested to apply online through the link (Apply now) provided alongwith this advertisement on the Institute’s website www.tiss.edu. The candidates are required to take a print of acknowledgement of online application and keep it for future reference.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 15/5/2015
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Recruitment 2014 – TISS/ADVT/CEIAR/2/APRIL 2015.
11-12-2016 , 12-12-2016