Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) invites application for the recruitment of Counsellors with Master’s Degree educational background
Company name :Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
Posts : Counsellors
Qualification :Master’s Degree
Salary : NA
No of Openings : 03
Location : Mumbai
Last date to apply : 10.10.2014
Details of Post :
iCALL Psychosocial Helpline; a field action project of the Centre for Human Ecology at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences Mumbai, provides counselling, support, information and referral to individuals in emotional and psychological distress, over the telephone and email. The helpline currently runs six days a week, from Monday to Saturday, from 10 AM to 10 PM. Going into its third year, iCALL is looking to expand its team to meet its growing requirements
Job profile – Counsellor: The candidate shall report directly to the Programme Coordinator at iCALL, and shall be responsible primarily for answering calls, maintaining records, monthly reports of the calls attended on the helpline. Additionally the candidate shall be expected to be proactive in carrying out publicity and outreach activities for the promotion of the helpline. Candidates shall also be required to deliver talks, training, and workshops on topics related to counselling, mental health and psychosocial well-being. Selected candidates will have to undergo rigorous training before they start attending to actual calls. Counselling will be a supervised activity whereby an opportunity to learn and upgrade themselves on one hand and to take care of their own mental health issues on the other, will provided on an ongoing basis.
- No of post : 03
- Desirous candidates should:
- Possess a Master’s Degree in Counselling or Clinical Psychology
- Speak English and Hindi and at least one regional language fluently and possess good writing skills in English
- Be skilled in the use of computers for the purpose of documentation, data analysis and email-based counselling
- Have sound knowledge of therapeutic process skills and psychotherapy
- Be willing to work in shifts (Morning Shift – 10 AM to 6 PM, and Afternoon – 2 PM to 10 PM), on a weekly rotational basis
- Be willing to travel within Mumbai and to different parts of the country to conduct outreach, training, and workshops
- Preference shall be given candidates based in Mumbai having previous experience of at least one year working in a counselling capacity. Candidates not having an academic background in Counselling or Clinical Psychology need not apply.
- The position is for the initial period of one year, and will be extended depending on performance. Please note that this is a full-time position.
How to apply:
Desirous candidates may send their resumé to [email protected] before 10th October 2014. Late applications shall not be entertained.
For enquiries, contact; Paras Sharma Programme Coordinator – iCALL Psychosocial Helpline Tata Institute of Social Sciences Tel: 022-25525600
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 10.10.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From TISS||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|
10-12-2016 , 11-12-2016