Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) invites application for the recruitment of Program Coordinator with MA/ MSc holders
Company name :Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
Posts : Program Coordinator
Qualification : MA/ MSc
Salary : Rs.30,000/-pm
No of Post : 01
Last date to apply : 23.11.2014
Details of Post :
Tata Institute of Social Sciences is looking for highly motivated, creative and competent professional for its International Relations Office (IRO). Applications are invited for the post of Program Coordinator to be filled on contract basis on a consolidated monthly payment of Rs. 30,000/-. However, final decision on monthly payment will be taken based on educational qualification and experience.
The Programme Coordinator will provide strategic executive support and help in developing comprehensive and full-fledged international programmes. He/ she will facilitate admission of short-term international students, administration of visiting affiliated students/ staff and faculty, advising international students on immigration, sources of funding, accommodation, tuition fees, coordinating other formal student exchanges, management and help the overall administration of International Relations Office.
- Educational Qualification and Experience: The Programme Coordinator should have a Masters’ degree in Social Work or any discipline in Social Sciences or International Relations with minimum of 55% marks and should have minimum 2 years of teaching / research experience or similar coordination and administrative experience; high proficiency in computer based project / data management; good interpersonal skills and ability to interface with various stakeholders students, faculty members, staff at all levels, media and public.
- Information about the International Relations Office (ISO): The International Relations Office (IRO) was established in the year 2006 as International Students’ Office (ISO) to facilitate mutually beneficial international academic exchange and collaboration between TISS and foreign Universities / Institutions. TISS has signed MoUs with some of the best institutions around the world and established linkages with Universities and Institutions in Asia, Europe and North America.
- The key objectives of the International Relations Office (ISO) are: Facilitate and enhance the global visibility and profile of TISS. Develop, coordinate and strengthen international linkages. Facilitate, assist and help international students in all their academic pursuits. Progressively increase the scope of the Study in India (SIP) and Study Abroad Programmes (SAP). Provide a base to assist International and Indian scholars for career advancement and contribute towards enhancing bilateral relations. The IRO is working to proactively create and develop strategic international linkages and collaborations with different universities abroad. The IRO is also coordinating recruitment , enrolment, and facilitation of international students. The IRO assists and facilitates drawing up of MoUs and agreements between TISS and international institutions as well as developing proposals for collaboration and provide the necessary administrative institutional support to operationalising partnerships and collaborations.
- The Institute reserves the right to: (a) relax any of the requirements with reference to age and experience in exceptional cases and/or in the case of persons already holding comparable positions, on a regular basis, in a University/research institution of repute, (b) invite persons for interviewwho may not have applied for as per the above procedure, (c) to fill up vacancies arising, (d) not to fill up any of the vacancies advertised; (e) since applications received may be short listed, merely possessing the prescribed qualifications and the requisite experience shall not entitle a person to be called for making presentation and interview; (f) no correspondence nor telephonic/ electronic query will be entertained from candidates regarding postal delays, conduct and result of interview and reasons for not being called for presentation/interview. Canvassing in any form and at any stage of the recruitment processes will lead to disqualification; (g) Relaxations and concessions for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD candidates shall be applicable as per Government of India rules; (h) Persons in employment, called for interview, should bring ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer. In case of any inadvertent error in the advertisement and in the process of recruitment, which may be detected at any stage, even after issue of appointment order, the Institute reserves the right to modify/ withdraw/ cancel any communication made to the candidate(s).
- The application fees of Rs. 300/- for each post should be paid online only. No other modes of payment will be accepted. For SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD candidates the fee is not applicable for which they should upload the reservation certificate. The application will be valid only on receipt of the fees. The candidate should clearly note that the Institute will consider only online applications. The SC/ ST/ PWD candidates called for interview must necessarily bring SC/ ST/ PWD certificate in the format prescribed by the Government of India. OBC candidates called for interview are required to submit a certificate regarding his/her ‘OBC status and non-creamy layer status’ in the prescribed GoI format duly issued on or after 01/01/2014 by the competent authority.
How to apply:
Applications which do not meet the qualifications given in this advertisement and/or incomplete applications are liable to be summarily rejected. The eligible and interested persons may apply on-line in the format available in the University website www.tiss.edu on or before November 23, 2014.. Applications, except on-line, will not be accepted. The shortlisted candidates will be called for interview
Important Dates to Remember:
Last date to apply: 23.11.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From TISS|
06-12-2016 , 07-12-2016