Tea Board of India invites application for the recruitment of Law Firms/Advocates with LLB/ LLM educational background
Company name : Tea Board of India
Posts : Law Firms/Advocates
Qualification : LLB/ LLM
Salary : NA
No of Openings : 01
Location : Kolkata
Last Date to apply : 24.12.2014
Details of Post :
The Tea Board of India, a statutory body under Dept. Of Commerce, Govt. of India, intends to empanel law Firms/Advocates for representing Board in Supreme Court of India, in High Courts at Kolkata, Guwahati, Agartala, Shilong, Kohima, Imphal, Kochi, Chenai, Mumbai, Delhi, Shimla and Lower Courts at Silguri, Jorhat, Dibrugargh, Palampur and Conor. Interested Law Firms/Advocates may send their wilingnes in the prescribed Proforma. The details of the terms and conditions of the engagement of Law Firms/ Advocates are as under:
- Tenure of the Empanelment: The initial tenure of the empanelment shal be for thre years which can be extended for another two years. However, the Authority of the Board reserves the right to terminate the empanelment of any Law Firms/ Advocate at any time. 2. The number of empanelments shal be not more than thre for each Court. However, depending on the quantum of cases the number may vary for diferent courts.
- Eligibility of Empanelment:a) The Law Firms/ Advocates should poses adequate experiences in handling cases pertaining to writ, writ appeal, maters in Supreme Court, High Court, or service, property or labour maters in District Courts/Tribunal and should be wel versed with relevant laws on such subjects b) The Advocates should have minimum profesional experiences as under:- i. For empanelment for Supreme Court of India- 12 years of experience/ practice in Supreme court;i. For empanelment for High Courts – Ten years of experience/practice in High Courts. i. For empanelment for and Subordinate Courts/ Tribunals – Seven Years of practice/ experience in Subordinate Courts/Tribunals.
- Fees and other conditions: Law Firms /Advocates should indicate the fes for the diferent profesional services which shal be valid during the tenure of their engagement as per enclosed Anexure ‘C’.
- The empaneled law firms/ advocate shal ensure that during their empanelment with Tea Board, there is no clash of interest with Tea Board vis-à-vis their other clients. The empaneled law firms/advocates shal not advise any party or any case against the Board in which he has appeared or is likely to be caled upon to appear or give advice which is likely to lead to litigation against he Tea Board. i. Efective hearing for the purpose of claiming appearance is a hearing in which one or both the parties involved in a case are heard by the Court. If the mater is caled upon in its turn and the counsel is present to represent the Board and the Court /Tribunal/ Registrar listen to the submision made by him or by other side or by both and if, thereafter the Court/Tribunal/ Registrar adjourns the mater, that wil be an efective hearing. If the case is mentioned and adjourned or only direction is given or only judgment is delivered by the Court/Tribunal/Registrar it would not constitute an efective hearing but wil be termed as non-efective hearing.
- No retainer fes shal be paid to any law firm/advocate.
- The Board shal empanel the law firms/advocates based on the merit taking into acount the past experience and specialization in the area of law concerning the Board. The decision of the Board in this regard shal be final.
- Termination: The Board may terminate the engagement by giving one month prior notice to the party.
How to apply:
Interested Law Firms/Advocates may send their wilingnes in the prescribed Proforma latest by 24th December, 2014 to the Secretary, Tea Board of India, 14, B.T.M. Sarani, Kolkata-7001. The details of the terms and conditions for engagement of Law Firms/ Advocates are contained in the notice dated 02.12.2014 published in the website of the Board- www.teaboard.gov.in.
Important Dates to Remember:
Last date to apply: 24.12.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From TBOI|
06-12-2016 , 07-12-2016