Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC) invites application for the recruitment of Ph.D Interns with Ph.D holders
Company name : Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC)
Posts : Ph.D Interns
Qualification : Ph.D
Salary : Rs.15000/- P.M.
No of Post : 02
Location : New Delhi
Last date to apply : 15.10.2014
Details of Post :
Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC), an autonomous institution under the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India is mandated to evaluate state of art technology and future technology directions. Since its inception in 1988, TIFAC has played an important role in the country’s technology space through technology foresight and assessment exercises, technology information services and demonstrating models of technology development through academia-industry interaction. In the process TIFAC has also shaped itself into a vibrant knowledge network in action.
Considering the range of TIFAC activities and its objective to strengthen its position as a technology think tank, it is required to expand such synergy with the academic community and future technologists. For strengthening and augmenting such activities, it is felt that the part time research manpower inducted from reputed academic institutions in the country could be instrumental for the purpose. These would include PhD students carrying out researches having some broad relevance to the areas identified by TIFAC. The ideas from young researchers are expected to help TIFAC keep abreast with the latest trends and it would also provide an excellent opportunity and exposure to such research students to familiarize themselves with the emerging technology areas and participate in an overall process of technology foresight.
Areas proposed for the study
- Persovskite Materials
- Process Intensification (micro-reactors, micro-fluidic devices for precision controlled system, catalyst and process screening, synthesis of micro and nano-particles etc)
- Speciality Chemicals and Smart Materials
- Metal-Polymer Hybrid Components
- Electro-Optics Enabling Special Glass
- Self Healing/Self Repairing Materials
- Biodegradable Polymers
TIFAC invites application from candidates on part-time basis for a time period of 6-9 months. Each intern will be given a specific assignment from the areas identified as priority by TIFAC.
- Vacancy: Two
- Eligibility : Candidates pursuing PhD (full time) with the backgrounds in chemistry, polymer & material science, chemical engineering are eligible to apply for the proposed study areas on part time basis.
- Key Functions :
- Carrying out secondary survey based on available literature
- Searches of Indian & international patents etc.
- To prepare the technology dossier with the detailed assessment and evaluation of status of Indian industry for such components vis-à-vis existing & emerging technology trends on global scale
- To assess potential applications in our country
- To assess the technology development & absorption capabilities by Indian SMEs in the specified sectors.
- To highlight directions and imperatives for India.
- Terms of engagement: Should spend 4-5 hours per week in TIFAC and 20 hours per week overall in the institute campus itself, on the assignments from TIFAC
- Honorarium: A token honorarium of Rs.15000/ per month would be payable to the intern. If the interns are deputed by TIFAC for outstation activities, travel allowance would be payable as per Govt. norms.
- Documents required: Bona fide student certificate and ‘no objection certificate’ from the concerned authority in the institution regarding drawing of honorarium from TIFAC.
- Reporting: Interns will have to report to one of the scientists in TIFAC as decided by the competent authority
- Duration: Duration of the internship will be a maximum of 6 months, with provision for a one time extension up to 9 months
- Submission of Report: The interns will be required to present to the concerned Head of the Division a report on the assignment at the end of the internship.
- Other important points: No accommodation facility will be provided to interns
How to apply:
Interested candidates may send their detailed resume and indicate the specific areas they would like to work on [email protected]
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 15.10.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From TIFAC||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|