Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of National Defence Academy, Naval Academy Examination (II) – 2016 through recruitment notification – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)Recruitment 2016 – EXAMINATION NOTICE NO.10/2016.NDA-II. Candidates who have completed 10th, +2 Class can apply for the new recruitment notification from Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job National Defence Academy, Naval Academy Examination (II) – 2016 on or before 15/7/2016. Find More information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Detail Of Post:
CANDIDATES TO ENSURE THEIR ELIGIBILITY FOR THE EXAMINATION: The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for interview/Personality Test.
- The approximate number of vacancies to be filled on the results of this examination will be as under :—
- National Defence Academy : 355 (208 for Army, 55 for Navy and 92 for Air Force)
- Naval Academy : 55 (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme)
- CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY : (a) Nationality : A candidate must either be : (i) a citizen of India, or (ii) a subject of Bhutan, or (iii) a subject of Nepal, or (iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status : Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd January, 1998 and not later than 1st January, 2001 are eligible. The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University which must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificates. These certificates are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the written part of the examination. No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted. The expression Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above. NOTE 1 : Candidates should note that only the date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate available or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Commission and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted. NOTE 2 : Candidates should also note that once a date of birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed subsequently or at any subsequent examination on any ground whatsoever. 5 NOTE 3 : The candidates should exercise due care while entering their date of birth in the respective column of the Online Application Form for the Examination. If on verification at any subsequent stage any variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their Matriculation or equivalent Examination certificate, disciplinary action will be taken against them by the Commission under the Rules. NOTE 4 : Candidates must undertake not to marry until they complete their full training. A candidate who marries subsequent to the date of his application though successful at this or any subsequent Examination will not be selected for training. A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the Government.
- Educational Qualifications: (i) For Army Wing of National Defence Academy :—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University. (ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy :—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University. Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination. Such candidates who qualify the SSB interview but could not produce Matriculation/10+2 or equivalent certificate in original at the time of SSB interview should forward duly self attested Photocopies to ‘Directorate General of Recruiting, Army HQ, West Block.III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi- 110066’ and for Naval Academy candidates to ‘Naval Headquarters, DMPR, OI&R Section, Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhavan, New Delhi-110011’ by 24th June, 2017 failing which their candidature will be cancelled. All other candidates who have produced their Matriculation and 10+2 pass or equivalent certificates in original at the time of attending the SSB interview and have got the same verified by the SSB authorities are not required to submit the same to Army HQ or Naval HQ as the case may be. Certificates in original issued by the Principals of the Institutions are also acceptable in cases where Boards/Universities have not yet issued certificates. Certified true copies/photostate copies of such certificates will not be accepted. In exceptional cases the Commission may treat a candidate, who does not possess any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule as educationally qualified provided that he possesses qualifications, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission, justifies his admission to the examination. 6 NOTE 1 : Candidates appearing in the 11th class exam are not eligible for this examination. NOTE 2 : Those candidates who have yet to qualify in the 12th class or equivalent examination and are allowed to appear in the UPSC Examination should note that this is only a special concession given to them. They are required to submit proof of passing the 12th class or equivalent examination by the prescribed date (i.e. 24th June, 2017) and no request for extending this date will be entertained on the grounds of late conduct of Board/University Examination, delay in declaration of results or any other ground whatsoever. NOTE 3 : Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of Commission in the Defence Services shall not be eligible for admission to the examination and if admitted, their candidature will be cancelled. NOTE 4 : Those candidates who have failed INSB/PABT earlier are not eligible for Air Force.
- FEE Candidates (excepting SC/ST candidates/Sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs specified in Note 2 below who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
- DISQUALIFICATION FOR ADMISSION TO THE TRAINING COURSE: Candidates who were admitted to an earlier course at the National Defence Academy, or to the 10 + 2 Cadet Entry Scheme of Indian Naval Academy but were removed therefrom for lack of officer-like qualities or on disciplinary grounds will not be admitted to the Academy. Candidates who were previously withdrawn from the National Defence Academy or Indian Naval Academy on medical grounds or left the above Academy voluntarily are however, eligible for admission to the Academy provided they satisfy the medical and other prescribed conditions.
- Candidates can apply on or before 15/7/2016
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply?:
- Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in the Appendix-II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
- LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: The Online Applications can be filled upto 15th July, 2016 till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admit Card will be made available on the UPSC website (www.upsc.gov.in) for being downloaded by candidates. No Admit Card will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid & active e-mail i.d. while filling up online application form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
- FACILITATION COUNTER FOR GUIDANCE OF CANDIDATES: In case of any guidances/information/clarification regarding their application, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near Gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone No.011-23385271/011-23381125/011- 23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs. to 17.00 hrs.
- Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above-mentioned website.
- OTE-1 : The applicants are advised to submit only single application; however if due to any unavoidable situation, if he submits another/multiple applications, then he must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- NOTE-2 : All candidates whether already in Government Service including candidates serving in the Armed Forces, Sailors (including boys and artificers apprentices) of the Indian Navy, Cadets of Rashtriya Indian Military College (previously known as Sainik School, Dehradun), Students of Military Schools (formerly known as King George’s Schools) and Sainik Schools run by Sainik Schools Society, Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organizations or in private employment should apply online direct to the Commission.
- N.B. (a) Persons already in Government Service, whether in permanent or temporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises; (b) Candidates serving in the Armed Forces, Sailors (including boys and artificers apprentices) of the Indian Navy; and (c) Cadets of Rashtriya Indian Military College (previously known as Sainik School, Dehra Dun), Students of Military Schools formerly known as King George’s Schools and Sainik Schools run by Sainik Schools Society are required to inform their Head of Office/Department, Commanding Officer, Principals of College/School concerned, as the case may be, in writing that they have applied for this examination. Candidates should note that in case a communication is received by the Commission from their employer/authority concerned withholding permission to the candidates applying for/appearing at the examination, their applications will be liable to be rejected/candidatures will be liable to be cancelled. NOTE-3 : WHILE FILLING IN THE APPLICATION FORM, THE CANDIDATE SHOULD CAREFULLY DECIDE ABOUT HIS CHOICE FOR THE CENTRE FOR THE EXAMINATION. IF ANY CANDIDATE APPEARS AT A CENTRE OTHER THAN THE ONE INDICATED BY THE COMMISSION IN HIS E-ADMISSION CERTIFICATE, THE PAPERS OF SUCH A CANDIDATE WILL NOT BE VALUED AND HIS CANDIDATURE WILL BE LIABLE TO CANCELLATION.
- NOTE-4 : APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THE PRESCRIBED FEE (UNLESS REMISSION OF FEE IS CLAIMED AS IN PARA 4 ABOVE) OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS SHALL BE SUMMARILY REJECTED. NO REPRESENTATION OR CORRESPONDENCE REGARDING SUCH REJECTION SHALL BE ENTERTAINED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. CANDIDATES ARE NOT REQUIRED TO SUBMIT ALONGWITH THEIR APPLICATIONS ANY CERTIFICATE IN SUPPORT OF THEIR CLAIMS REGARDING AGE, EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, SCHEDULED CASTES/SCHEDULED TRIBES/OTHER BACKWARD CLASSES AND FEE REMISSION ETC. THEY SHOULD THEREFORE, ENSURE THAT THEY FULFIL ALL THE ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR ADMISSION TO THE EXAMINATION. THEIR ADMISSION TO THE EXAMINATION WILL ALSO THEREFORE BE PURELY PROVISIONAL. IF ON VERIFICATION AT ANY LATER DATE IT IS FOUND THAT THEY DO NOT FULFIL ALL ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS, THEIR CANDIDATURE WILL BE CANCELLED. THE RESULT OF THE WRITTEN PART OF THE EXAMINATION IS LIKELY TO BE DECLARED IN THE MONTH OF DECEMBER, 2016.
- NOTE 5: CANDIDATES WHO HAVE PASSED WRITTEN TEST ARE NOT REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THEIR ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE OF AGE AND EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION EITHER TO DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF RECRUITING, ARMY HQ, WEST BLOCK-III, RK PURAM, NEW DELHI-110066 OR TO NAVAL HEADQUARTERS, DMPR, OI&R SECTION, ‘C’ WING, SENA BHAWAN, NEW DELHI-110011. ALL CANDIDATES CALLED FOR INTERVIEW MUST CARRY THEIR ORIGINAL MATRICULATION CERTIFICATE OR EQUIVALENT EXAMINATION CERTIFICATE TO THE SERVICES SELECTION BOARD (SSB). ORIGINALS WILL HAVE TO BE PRODUCED BY THE CANDIDATES WHO QUALIFY AT THE SSB INTERVIEW SOON AFTER THE INTERVIEW. THE ORIGINALS WILL BE RETURNED AFTER VERIFICATION. THOSE CANDIDATES WHO HAVE ALREADY PASSED 10+2 EXAMINATION MUST CARRY THEIR ORIGINAL 10+2 PASS CERTIFICATE OR MARKS SHEET FOR THE SSB INTERVIEW. IF ANY OF THEIR CLAIMS IS FOUND TO BE INCORRECT THEY MAY RENDER THEMSELVES LIABLE TO DISCIPLINARY ACTION BY THE COMMISSION IN TERMS OF THE FOLLOWING PROVISIONS: (i) obtaining support for his candidature by any means, or (ii) impersonating, or (iii) procuring impersonation by any person, or (iv) submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with, or (v) making statements which are incorrect or false or suppressing material information, or (vi) resorting to any other irregular or improper means in connection with his candidature for the examination, or (vii) using unfair means during the examination, or (viii) writing irrelevant matter, including obscene language or pornographic matter, in the script(s), or (ix) misbehaving in any other manner in the examination hall, or (x) harassing or doing bodily harm to the Staff employed by the Commission for the conduct of their examination, or (xi) being in possession of or using mobile phone, pager bluetooth or any electronic equipment or device or any other equipment capable of being used as a communication device during the examination, or (xii) violating any of the instructions issued to candidates alongwith their Admission Certificates permitting them to take the examination, or 10 (xiii) attempting to commit or as the case may be abetting the Commission of all or any of the acts specified in the foregoing clauses, may in addition to rendering himself liable to criminal prosecution be liable (a) to be disqualified by the Commission from the examination for which he is a candidate and/or (b) to be debarred either permanently or for a specified period (i) by the Commission from any examination or selection held by them; (ii) by the Central Government from any employment under them and; (c) if he is already in service under Government to disciplinary action under the appropriate rules. Provided that no penalty under this rule shall be imposed except after : (i) giving the candidate an opportunity of making such representation, in writing as he may wish to make in that behalf; and (ii) taking the representation, if any, submitted by the candidate within the period allowed to him into consideration.
- LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: The Online Applications can be filled upto 15th July, 2016 till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
- IMPORTANT : All Communications to the Commission should invariably contain the following particulars. 1. Name and year of the examination. 2. Registration ID (RID). 3. Roll Number (if received). 4. Name of candidate (in full and in block letters). 5. Postal Address as given in the application. N.B. (i) : Communications not containing the above particulars may not be attended to. N.B. (ii) : If a letter/communication is received from a candidate after an examination has been held and it does not give his full name and roll number, it will be ignored and no action will be taken thereon. Candidates 12 recommended by the Commission for interview by the Services Selection Board who have changed their addresses subsequent to the submission of their applications for the examination should immediately after announcement of the result of the written part of the examination notify the changed address also to :— For candidates with Army as first choice—Army Headquarters, A.G’s Branch, RTG (NDA Entry), West Block-III, Wing-1, R. K. Puram, New Delhi-110066, Phone No. 26175473. For candidates with Navy/Naval Academy as first choice— Naval Headquarters, Directorate of Manpower & Recruitment, OI&R Section, R. No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan,New Delhi-110011, Phone No. 23010097/23011282. For candidates with Air Force as first choice—Air Headquarters, Directorate of Personnel (Officers), PO 3 (A), Room No. 17, ‘J’ Block, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110106, Phone No. 23010231 Extn. 7973. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS INSTRUCTION WILL DEPRIVE THE CANDIDATE OF ANY CLAIM TO CONSIDERATION IN THE EVENT OF HIS NOT RECEIVING THE SUMMONS LETTER FOR INTERVIEW BY THE SERVICES SELECTION BOARD. AFTER HAVING CLEARED THE WRITTEN EXAMINATION THE CANDIDATES SHOULD LOG ON TO THE FOLLOWING WEBSITES FOR THEIR SSB CENTRE & DATE OF INTERVIEW :- www.joinindianarmy.nic.in www.joinindiannavy.gov.in www.careerairforce.nic.in Candidates whose names have been recommended for interview by the Services Selection Board should address enquiries or requests, if any, relating to their interview or visit website of respective service headquarters after 20 days from the announcement of written results as follows :— For candidates with Army as first choice—Army Headquarters, AG’s Branch, RTG (NDA Entry), West Block-III, Wing-1, R.K. Puram, New Delhi – 110 066, Phone No. 26175473 or www.joinindianarmy.nic.in For candidates with Navy/Naval Academy as first choice—Naval Headquarters, Directorate of Manpower & Recruitment, O.I. & R. Section, Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhavan, New Delhi-110011, Phone No. 23010097/Email : [email protected] or www.joinindiannavy.gov.in For candidates with Air Force as first choice—Air Headquarters, Directorate of Personnel (Officers), PO 3 (A), Room No. 17, ‘J’ Block, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110106, Phone No. 23010231 Extn. 7973/7646 or www.careerairforce.nic.in 13 Candidates are required to report for SSB interview on the date intimated to them in the call up letter for interview. Requests for postponing interview will only be considered in exceptional circumstances and that too if it is administratively convenient for which Army Headquarters will be the sole deciding authority. Such requests should be addressed to the Administrative Officer of the Selection Centre from where the call letter for interview has been received. No action will be taken on letters received by Army/Navy/Air HQs. SSB interview for the candidates qualified in the written examination will be held during the months of January 2017 to April 2017 or as suitable to Recruiting Directorate. For all queries regarding Merit list, joining instructions and any other relevant information regarding selection process, please visit our website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
Important Dates To Remember:
Last Date to Apply for this job 15/7/2016
Reference: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)Recruitment 2016 – EXAMINATION NOTICE NO.10/2016.NDA-II