Unit for Research and Development of Information Products (URDIP) invites online application for the recruitment of Research Associate / Junior Research Fellow for M.Sc / BE/ Ph.D / M.Tech holders
Company name :Unit for Research and Development of Information Products (URDIP)
Posts :Research Associate / Junior Research Fellow
Qualification : M.Sc / BE/ Ph.D / M.Tech
Salary : Rs. 16,000-22,000/- per month
No of Post : 02
Location :Across India
Last date to apply : 30th September, 2014.
Details of Post :
Research Associate / Junior Research Fellow
CSIR has set up a Unit for Research and Development of Information Products (CSIR-URDIP) at Pune to work in the area of scientific informatics. One of the major focus areas of research work at CSIR-URDIP is PATENT INFORMATICS. With the increasing applications of Bioinformatics in the areas of life sciences industry such as Agriculture and Health Care (Diagnostics and Drugs), the output of research in these area is being protected by different forms of Intellectual Property rights. Realizing the importance of IP in the Bioinformatics field, Department of Biotechnology (DBT) has sanctioned a project on “Development, Facilitation and Harvesting of Bioinformatics related Intellectual Property” at CSIR-URDIP. The project will involve application of Patent Informatics tools and techniques to Bioinformatics (including creation of patent landscapes, preparation of techno-legal reports of patentability, freedom to operate studies) to help protect IPRs and develop and conduct training programmes on IPRs related to Bioinformatics.
SIR-URDIP invites applications from young Bioinformatics professionals to work on this emerging area which offers hallenging opportunities and attractive career possibilities in future.
Position I: Research Associate
- No of Positions: One
- Consolidated amount Payable: Rs. 22,000/- per month + 20% HRA= Rs.26,400
- Qualification: PhD in Bioinformatics. In exceptional cases, candidature of M. Tech. candidates with First class in Bioinformatics with three years of relevant work experience will also be considered.
- Job requirement: The prospective candidate will be expected to identify patents/scientific literature in field of Bioinformatics, valuate them Vis a Vis other patents in fields and come up landscape/FTO/Patentability reports.
- Desirable qualifications and Skills Knowledge of Patent law as evidenced by Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property / Patent Law from recognized Institution / university or passed Indian patent agent examination Aptitude for analysis of research publications and patent documents, data mining and analytical skills Excellent Oral and Written Communication in English language Proficiency in use of commonly used software for word processing, database searching, spreadsheet, presentations
- Age Limit: 35 years. The age should not exceed the limit indicated as on a closing date of receipt of completed application form. Upper age limit is relaxable for 5 years for SC/ST, OBC, Physically handicapped and female candidates as per CSIR/Government of India rules.
Position II: Junior Research Fellow
- No of Positions: one
- Consolidated amount Payable: Rs. 16,000/- + 20% HRA = 19,200
- Qualification: M.Sc / BE or equivalent in Bioinformatics with minimum of 55% marks in aggregate
- Job requirement: Scientific iterature and patent search, analysis and Report Writing Preference: Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge of patents and or 1-2 years of experience + Knowledge of Computers (MS Excel + Word Processing)
- Age Limit: 28 years. The age should not exceed the limit indicated as on a closing date of receipt of completed application form. Upper age limit is relaxable for 5 years for SC/ST, OBC, Physically handicapped and female candidates as per CSIR/Government of India rules.
HOW TO APPLY :
The engagement for both the positions will be made initially for a period of six months, which may be extended or curtailed depending on the satisfactory performance and conduct of the candidates. The engagement will be purely on temporary and contract basis and shall not be a CSIR/URDIP/DBT appointment, temporary or otherwise and shall not entitle him/her to any right/claim, implicit or explicit, for his/her consideration against any CSIR/URDIP /DBT post/fellowship. For details please visit our website (www.urdip.res.in/careers) for further details and apply online by 30th September, 2014.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 30th September, 2014.
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From URDIP||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|