United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of National Consultant through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed MBA/ M.Com can apply for the new recruitment notification from United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job National Consultant on or before 19/05/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Vacancy Name : National Consultant
Educational Qualification : MBA/PGDM/ M.Com
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : NA
Job Location : Agartala
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 19/05/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Agartala, Tripura, INDIA
Detail Of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) National Consultant Recruitment:
- Location : Agartala, Tripura, INDIA
- Application Deadline : 19-May-15
- Additional Category Poverty Reduction
- Type of Contract : Individual Contract
- Post Level : National Consultant
- Languages Required : English
- Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-Jul-2015
- Duration of Initial Contract : Six months.
- Duties and Responsibilities Under the overall guidance of the Principal Secretary, Planning and Co-ordination Department, Government of Tripura and in liaison with the Management Specialist, UNDP, the Project and Programme Implementation Specialist will provide technical assistance in fast tracking and effective implementation of priority social and economic development programmes in the state.S/He will be embedded in the Office of the Principal Secretary, Planning and Co-ordination Department, Government of Tripura, and will support key functions including but not limited to implementation of priority programmes; web based real time monitoring of development initiatives; documentation and dissemination of lessons learnt; development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Manuals, process documentation. The indicative list of functions of the Project and Programme Implementation Specialist will include:
Build support for implementation of projects and programmes at the field level by facilitating new partnerships and extensive stakeholder involvement; Leverage support for effective implementation through field visits, meetings, seminars and consultations; Collect, analyse, and present information and data on implementation of development initiatives; Identify the most efficient, effective and equitable implementation modalities for social and economic priorities; Identify obstacles to effective implementation of policies and programmes and recommend ways of overcoming these; Support the effective application of results-based management tools; Guide the development, roll-out of relevant monitoring and evaluation tools; Prepare relevant monitoring and status reports; Monitor trends and new developments; Train a cadre of trainers to undertake capacity building and institutional strengthening activities for implementation;
- Education: MBA /Master’s in Economics, Finance, or other relevant disciplines in development sector.
- Experience: A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in national / international development focused onlarge scale programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation and state level experience in development administration; Proven experience in addressing implementation challenges in key socio-economic development areas with a focus onmarginalized social groups and/or geographically disadvantageous regions; Demonstrated capacity to write clear and well-constructed reports, training manuals, process documents; and Excellent communication, interpersonal and liaison skills with government, inter-governmental agencies, UN system and international and regional development partners, academic institutions, civil society organizations, and other relevant institutions. Consultants with extensive experience in implementing large scale development initiatives at the state level will have an added advantage; Demonstrated knowledge (education, publications, etc.) of development of North East India and prior experience of working in Tripura is desirable.
Language Written and oral proficiency in English is required.Knowledge of Bengali is preferable.
- Documents to be submitted: Curriculum Vitae including experience in similar projects, and Names/Contact Details of 3 referees; A brief (not more than 3 pages) technical proposal that includes a write up on the implementation challenges faced by the North Eastern states in general and the state of Tripura in particular. The documents should be referenced appropriately and a select bibliography provided with the proposal; A Financial proposal indicatingall inclusive consultancy rate for the Individual Consultant. The consultant will be based in Agartala. Preapproved official travel will be reimbursed as per the procedures established by the Government of Tripura.
- Payment Schedule: Payments will be made on a monthly basis for the actual days worked on satisfactory completion of activities as agreed with the supervisor and on the number of days worked.
Selection Procedure For United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) – National Consultant Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 19/05/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For National Consultant Vacancy in United Nations Development Programme (UNDP):
Any kind of miscellaneous charges i.e. internet, phone etc. would not be reimbursed; Individuals working with institutions may also apply, contract would be issued in the name of institution for the specific services of individual; Please note proposals without financial proposal will not be considered; CV and Financial proposal can be clubbed in one file for uploading; The consultants must bring his/her own computing equipment. For any clarification please write to [email protected] UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 19/05/2015