United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Communication Consultant through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed M.A,M.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Communication Consultant Job on or before 31/03/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)|
|Vacancy Name||Communication Consultant|
|Educational Qualification||M.A/ M.Sc|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Post|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||31/03/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Across India|
Detail of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Communication Consultant Recruitment:
Background Over the past two decades Cambodia has made impressive progresses in terms of poverty reduction and human development. Economic growth, unmatched by any post conflict society, is pro-poor leading to substantial reduction in poverty. Factors contributing to this fast economic growth among others include: restoration of peace and security, large public and private capital inflows, open market, and fairly stable macroeconomic conditions. As a result, Cambodia has registered massive gains and improvements on human development as measured by the global human development indices (HDI): life expectancy at birth, educational attainments and decent living standards. Between 1980 and 2012, Cambodia’s life expectancy at birth increased by 24.9 years, from 38.7 to 63.6, mean years of schooling and expected years of schooling increased by 0.8 and 4.0 years, from 5.0 to 5.8 and 6.5 to 10.5, respectively. Between 1995 and 2012, Cambodia’s Gross National Income (GNI) per capita increased by some 163 percent, from $797 to $2,095 (2005 PPP$). Overall, Cambodia’s HDI for the period between 1995 and 2012 experienced fast growth in the three HDI dimensions at an annual average growth rate of about 1.7 percent, an average HDI growth faster than the Low and Medium HDI groups. As a result, Cambodia is among the countries in the South that have had greater gains in HDI between the periods from 1990 to 2012. Despite all the progresses and improvements, Cambodia’s educational attainment and human capital base are by all means low including compared to the countries in East Asia and the Pacific. That said, Cambodia is at an historic stage in its development, moving away from Low Income Country to Middle Income Country status by 2030. However, growth was and is still mainly taking place in a few urban centers, while the domestic private sector remains agrarian-based with a focus on subsistence farming of rice. The rapid expansion of the urban labor market draws people in low skilled jobs and low pay – often at the expense of continued education and training – and conceals deep underlying structural problems in education and skills formation. Against this backdrop the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is in the process of writing of the Cambodian Human Development Report (CHDR) 2015: Towards Balanced Growth in Cambodia – Role of Human Capital Development. The CHDR 2015 will take stock of the past and present state of human development, human capital (education and health) base, and demographic window of opportunity for equitable growth and social development to elicit debates on human development gaps and human capital formation for the betterment of citizens of the country. The timing of the 2015 CHDR is critical for Cambodia in that the Report will stimulate policy debate on long-term solution to Cambodia’s sustainable human development and human capital needs; and needs that until now have been met with short-term solutions. Adopting a lifecycle perspective to human capital accumulation by investing in the first 1,000 days of a child’s life provides one important part of such a long-term solution. Ensuring that a child receives care during this time will enable him/her to benefit from education and gives him/her the capabilities to continually adapt to changes in the job market. UNDP Cambodia is looking for a communication consultancy services to take lead and facilitate the preparation for the launching of the CHDR 2015 including the production of advocacy and communication plan, press materials, marketing and dissemination of the CHDR 2015 messages, and preparations of press-kits, speeches, designing and printing report. Assignment is distributed over five month period from 20 April to 320 September 2015.
- Functional Competencies: Strong analytical, research, writing and communications skills. Familiarity with relevant technologies for the production of film, print and web-based products; Event planning and facilitation ability; Excellent communication and presentation; Writing skills for higher level advocacy and communication purposes; Strong technical and practical knowledge on issues related to facilitation, advocacy, communication, and media relationships; Ability to promote knowledge management and a learning environment through excellent interpersonal relationships; Strong skills in providing substantive inputs in the area of media and communications for high level workshops and events; Knowledge management and sharing.
- Corporate Competencies: Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values; Exerts strict adherence to corporate rules, regulations and procedures; Familiarity with the internal control framework and results-based management tools is a must; Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Education: A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related fields.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years experiences (with a Master’s Degree) or a minimum of 5 years experiences (with a Bachelor’s Degree) working in public relations, communications and/or advocacy with a multilateral or international organization, the private sector or governmental bodies; Proven track record in editing and designing stories, newsletters, and communication materials; Prior experience of event management and facilitation in the region is an asset; Experience in facilitating high profile meetings with multiple stakeholders, at high-level forums and providing brief briefs in print, radio, TV and other electronic media; Proven track record in development related field advocacy and communications; prior work experience within UNDP or another UN agency in relevant field is an asset.
- Language Requirement: Strong command of written and spoken English; knowledge of Khmer is an asset
Selection Procedure for United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)- Communication Consultant Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 31/03/2015
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Communication Consultant Vacancy in United Nations Development Programme (UNDP):
Interested offeror is strongly advised to read the Individual Consultant (IC) Procurement Notice, which can be viewed at http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=21253 for more detail about term of references, instructions to offeror, and documents to be included when submitting offer. Documents to be included when submitting the application: Interested offeror/individual must submit the following documents/information. Cover letter: Explaining why the candidate the most suitable for the work; Proposed methodology; Offeror’s letter to UNDP confirming interest and availability for the Individual Contractor (IC) assignment and Final all-inclusive price proposal with breakdown of costs as per UNDP template, which can be downloaded at http://www.kh.undp.org/content/dam/cambodia/docs/Operations/UNDP_Template%20for%20Confirmation%20of%20Interest%20and%20Submission%20of%20Financial%20Proposal.docx; UNDP Personal History Form (P11), which can be downloaded at http://www.kh.undp.org/content/dam/cambodia/docs/Operations/UNDP-P11%20modified%20for%20SCs%20and%20ICs.doc;Note for Interested Candidates above the age of 62: UNDP regulations require, at their own cost, to undergo a full medical examination including x-rays. Medical evaluation documentation does not need to be submitted with the other requested documents listed above, but will be requested should the candidate be chosen. UNDP reserves right to reject any applications that is incomplete. Please be informed that we don’t accept application submitted via email. Interested candidate is required to submit application via UNDP jobsite system, because the application screening and evaluation will be done through UNDP jobsite system. Please note that UNDP jobsite system allows only one uploading of application document, so please make sure that you merge all your documents into a single file. Your on-line applications submission will be acknowledged where an email address has been provided. If you do not receive an e-mail acknowledgement within 24 hours of submission, your application may not have been received. In such cases, please resubmit the application, if necessary. Please group all your documents into one (1) single PDF document as the system only allows to upload maximum one document. Any request for clarification/additional information on this procurement notice shall be communicated in writing to UNDP office or send to email [email protected] and/or [email protected] While the Procurement Unit would endeavor to provide information expeditiously, only requests receiving at least 5 working days prior to the submission deadline will be entertained. Any delay in providing such information will not be considered as a reason for extending the submission deadline. The UNDP’s response (including an explanation of the query but without identifying the source of inquiry) will be posted in Individual Consultant (IC) Procurement Notice page as provided above. Therefore, all prospective Offerors are advised to visit the page regularly to make obtain update related to this Individual Consultant (IC) Procurement Notice.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 31/03/2015
21-01-2017 , 22-01-2017