United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Consultant through recruitment notification . Candidates who have completed B.E, B.Tech, M.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Consultant Job on or before 23/7/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Vacancy Name : Consultant
Educational Qualification : B.E/B.Tech, M.Sc
Total No of Vacancy : 01 Post
Salary : NA
Job Location : New Delhi
Last Date to Apply for this job : 23/7/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) , New Delhi
Detail of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Consultant Recruitment:
- Location : New Delhi, INDIA
- Application Deadline : 23-Jul-15
- Type of Contract : Individual Contract
- Post Level : National Consultant
- Languages Required : English
- Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-Aug-2015
- Duration of Initial Contract : 30 working days during the period 01 August, 2015 to 31st October,2015
UNDP is implementing a project preparation on “Development and evaluation of spray foam Polyols systems for buildings using HFOs as blowing agent” in coordination with Ozone cell, Ministry of Environment, Forest & climate change, Government of India.
The project envisage the development and evaluation of formulations using HFO-1233zd(E) for spray foams in the form of pre-blended polyols for high-ambient conditions prevailing in the country. This would require development of polyol systems and pre-blended polyols using low-GWP; HFO-1233zd (E) liquid blowing agent. The proposed liquid blowing agent, HFO-1233zd (E), is non-flammable, non-toxic and has low-GWP (GWP = 1). A comprehensive study is to be carried out to evaluate various thermo-physical and structural properties including strength and durability of the spray insulation foam to be used for walls and roofs of the building and will use inputs from the ongoing systems house project evaluations undertaken over the last two years. The study would include polyol system optimization in terms of percentage use of blowing agent to minimize the cost of insulation per unit surface area. The demonstration project would also involve field trials in the downstream enterprises (Spray foam service providers). Services of an Individual consultant are sought for development of the above said demonstration project proposal for submission to the Meeting of the Executive Committee (Ex-Com) of the Multilateral Fund (MLF)for Implementation of Montreal Protocol.
The scope of work for the consultant is as given below.
- Review of the project preparation request for a demonstration project on development and evaluation of spray foam polyols systems for buildings using Hydrofluoroolefins (HFOs) as blowing agent submitted to the 74th Meeting of the Executive Committee along with the comments of the Secretariat that relating to key aspects to be covered in the demonstration project. The status of implementation of existing systems house project under HPMP Stage-I and its main outputs should also be reviewed by the consultant;
- Study of polyol formulations with HFO-1233zd(E) as blowing agent in terms of key thermo-physical and structural properties and costs of formulations to spray foam users;
- Develop project costs for identified enterprises using these formulations for spray foam applications for conversion from HCFC-141b to the HFO based formulation;
- Assist Ozone Cell in getting confirmation from the downstream enterprises for participating in this project for phasing-out HCFC-141b and converting their spray foam facilities to low Global Warming Potential as blowing agent, as per Ex-Com requirements;
- Develop a field trial plan for use of HFO based formulations both in new buildings and existing buildings and training plan for downstream enterprises using spray foam;
- Hold consultations with relevant industry stakeholders and Ozone office on the feasible options and obtain stakeholder agreement to the proposed technology options;
- Prepare a project report for the conversion project to HFO based formulation in spray foam applications including costs for conversion and implementation process for the project;
- Assist UNDP and Ozone cell in addressing comments of the MLF Secretariat on the project proposal submitted for consideration at the meeting of the Ex-Com.
- Project proposal outline and methodology;
- Draft project proposal;
- Final project proposal;
- Facilitation in approval of the project proposal by the Ex-Com.
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards;
- Positive, constructive attitude to work;
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptabilty;
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
Required Skills and Experience
- Academic Qualification: B.E./B Tech. (Chemical Engineering) /MSc (Chemistry) or relevant field with experience in foam manufacturing industry.
- Professional Experience: The consultant should have: Good understanding of Montreal Protocol policies and procedures particularly relating to preparation of project proposals for UN/international agencies; At least 3 years’ experience in preparation of project proposals/ reports for a chemical industry; Knowledge of Montreal Protocol/other international environmental conventions; Good understanding of national regulations and procedures relating to import-export of Ozone Depleting Substances (ODSs), industrial policies particularly relating to foam industries and SMEs. Language Requirement: Fluent in English and Hindi.
- Payment Schedule: On submission of inception report and work plan 25%; On submission of draft report 50%; On submission of final report 25%.
- Documented to be submitted: Technical proposal: Background including skills and competencies of the consultant including knowledge of Montreal Protocol/other international environmental conventions; Experience in preparation of project proposals/reports; Approach and methodology; Action plan with time frame.
- Financial Proposal: Consultant should specify an all-inclusive lump sum fee for the assignment covering the above said scope of work and deliverables; Outstation travel (if any) will be paid by UNDP as per UNDP rules on approval of UNDP. Updated CV with contact details of three references.
- Evaluation Criteria: Cumulative analysis : The award of the contract shall be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as: Responsive; Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation. Technical Criteria weight – 70%. Financial Criteria weight – 30%. Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points (70% of the total technical points) would be considered for the financial valuation. Criteria for Technical Evaluation would be as under:
- Qualification – 10%; Relevant Work Experience- 50% Experience of working in UNDP or Government or other international organization projects- 20% Approach and methodology – 20%
Selection Procedure for United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) – Consultant Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 23/7/2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Consultant Vacancy in United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) :
- Any kind of miscellaneous charges i.e. internet, phone etc. would not be reimbursed;
- Individuals working with institutions may also apply, contract would be issued in the name of institution for the specific services of individual;
- Please note proposals without financial proposal will not be considered;
- CV, Financial proposal and technical proposal can be clubbed in one file for uploading;
- The consultants must bring his/her own computing equipment.
- For any clarification please write to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying subject of ToR in the email.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 23/7/2015