United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Consultant through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed M.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Consultant Job on or before 22/7/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Vacancy Name : Consultant
Educational Qualification : M.Sc
Total No of Vacancy : 01 Post
Salary : NA
Job Location : New Delhi
Last Date to Apply for this job : 22/7/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : New Delhi and 9 Field Sites in India, INDIA
Detail of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Consultant Recruitment:
- Location : New Delhi and 9 Field Sites in India, INDIA
- Application Deadline : 22-Jul-15
- Type of Contract : Individual Contract
- Post Level : National Consultant
- Languages Required : English
- Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 27-Jul-2015
- Duration of Initial Contract : 35 working days over a period of three months
- Background Project Title 5th Operational Phase of the GEF Small Grants Programme in India Project Description This is the Terms of Reference for the UNDP-GEF Midterm Review (MTR) of the full-sized project titled 5th Operational Phase of the GEF Small Grants Programme (PIMS #4515) implemented through the Centre for Environment Education (CEE), which is to be undertaken in 2015. The project started on the 31st October 2012 and is in its third year of implementation. In line with the UNDP-GEF Guidance on MTRs, this MTR process was initiated before the submission of the second Project Implementation Report (PIR). The MTR process must follow the guidance outlined in the document Guidance For Conducting Midterm Reviews of UNDP-Supported, GEF-Financed Projects. The project was designed to ensure a mosaic of land uses and community practices across the rural landscape that provide sustainable livelihoods while generating global benefits for biodiversity conservation, climate change and land degradation. The project will enable a shift away from unsustainable practices by (i) mainstreaming biodiversity conservation and sustainable use into production landscapes and sectors, (ii) promoting energy efficient and renewable energy technologies in rural communities in targeted landscapes in India, (iii) maintaining and improving flows of agro and forest ecosystem services in dry lands of Arid and Semi Arid Regions to sustain livelihoods of local communities and (iv) cross cutting, capacity development and knowledge management.
- Required Skills and Experience Education: Master’s degree in Social Sciences, or other closely related field.
- Experience: Work experience in relevant technical areas for at least 10 years; Should have experience and familiarity with assessments of policies, strategies and possess sufficient knowledge of land degradation and desertification issues at the national and local levels is necessary; Recent experience with result-based management evaluation methodologies; Previous experience with results-based monitoring and evaluation methodologies; Experience applying SMART targets and reconstructing or validating baseline scenarios; Competence in adaptive management, as applied to all the 5 GEF Thematic Areas, i.e. Biodiversity Conservation, Climate Change, Land Degradation, Persistent Organic Pollutants, and International Waters; Experience of working with the GEF or GEF-evaluations; Experience of working in India; Demonstrated understanding of issues related to gender and all the above stated GEF Thematic Areas; experience in gender sensitive evaluation and analysis; Project evaluation/review experiences within United Nations system will be considered an asset. Language: Writing and communication will be in English, and he/she must have excellent communication skills in English; Working knowledge of Hindi is desirable.
- Payment Schedule: 30% upon submission of the Inception Report; 30% on presentation of findings; 20% on draft MTR report submission and acceptance; 10% upon finalization of the MTR report.
- Documents to be submitted: Completed Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability; Personal CV or a P11 Personal History form, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references; Brief description of approach to work/technical proposal of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment, and a proposed methodology on how they will approach and complete the assignment; (max 1 page) Financial Proposal that indicates the all-inclusive fixed total per day consultancy rate (including 09 field visits). All other travel related costs (such as flight ticket, boarding & lodging, etc), will be paid at actual, duly supported with bills, by the shortest and the most economical route and approved by UNDP prior to travel. Expenses for domestic travel – from New Delhi to the project sites and field visits –will paid by UNDP, on reimbursement basis. This will not include personal phone calls internet usage, laundry, minibar and other related personal expenses. This should not be included in the financial proposal. If an applicant is employed by an organization/company/institution, and he/she expects his/her employer to charge a management fee in the process of releasing him/her to UNDP under Reimbursable Loan Agreement (RLA), the applicant must indicate at this point, and ensure that all such costs are duly incorporated in the financial proposal submitted to UNDP. The ‘Midterm Review Evaluative Matrix Template’.
- Evaluation Criteria: Cumulative analysis The award of the contract will be made to the Individual Consultant who has obtained the highest Combined Score and has accepted UNDP’s General Terms and Conditions. Only those applications which are responsive and compliant will be evaluated. The offers will be evaluated using the “Combined Scoring method” where: The educational background and experience on similar assignmentswill be weighted a max. of 70%;
- Qualification of the Consultant: 20 Marks;
- Relevant work Experience: 20 Marks;
- Proposed Work Plan for undertaking the task: 20 Marks;
- Time Line for completion of the Task: 10 Marks; The price proposal will weigh as 30% of the total scoring. Detailed ToR can be accessed at the following link: http://www.in.undp.org/content/dam/india/docs/procurement/ToR-UNDP-GEF%20Midterm%20Review-National%20Consultant%20v2.pdf For any clarification please write to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying subject of ToR in the email.
- Notes: Any kind of miscellaneous charges i.e. internet, phone etc. would not be reimbursed; Individuals working with institutions may also apply, contract would be issued in the name of institution for the specific services of individual; Please note proposals without financial proposal will not be considered; CV and Financial proposal can be clubbed in one file for uploading; The consultants must bring his/her own computing equipment.
Selection Procedure for United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) – Consultant Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 22/7/2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Consultant Vacancy in United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) :
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 22/7/2015