United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Monitoring & Evaluation Analyst through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed M.A/ MSW can apply for the new recruitment notification from United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Monitoring & Evaluation Analyst on or before 18/03/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)|
|Vacancy Name||Monitoring & Evaluation Analyst|
|Educational Qualification||M.A/ M.Sc|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Posts|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||18/03/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), New Delhi, INDIA|
Detail of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Monitoring & Evaluation Analyst Recruitment:
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Under the overall guidance and direction of the Representative and the direct supervision of Deputy Representative, the Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst contributes to the effective implementation of the evaluation policy, helps ensure that monitoring and evaluation requirements for the Multi Country Programmes and projects are met, and participate in the conduct of thematic and crosscutting evaluations. S/he also supports the supervisor in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation principles and practices to ensure relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, sustainability, and impact of the work of the MCO. The Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst works in close collaboration with the Programme and Operations Teams in the MCO, UN Women Evaluation Office staff and Government officials to ensure that thematic, programme and project evaluations are carried out according to schedules and those findings and recommendations are implemented and followed up
- Summary of Key Functions: Implementation of monitoring and evaluation policies and strategies; Support to the evaluation process; Inter-Agency Coordination Support; Partnerships building and facilitation of knowledge building and management.
- Implementation of monitoring and evaluation policies and strategies: Provide inputs and contribute to the evaluation work plan, analysis and proposals on topics, and projects/programme to be evaluated; Under the guidance of the supervisor, analyze M&E requirements and synthesize proposals on areas evaluated including effectiveness and impact of programme and other types of evaluations; Promote and help implement evaluation standards, quality assurance/control and capacity development in the Multi Country Office; Participate in the design and formulation of programme initiatives translating UN Women’s priorities into local interventions and ensuring substantive rigor in the design and application of proven successful approaches; Support the effective application of RBM tools and monitoring achievement of results; Carries out programme/projects appraisal and evaluation according to results-based management requirements; Provide inputs for monitoring and evaluation of country programmes, in collaboration with the CO, the RO and Evaluation Office, the Programme and Policy Divisions; Under the guidance of the Evaluation Office, support the periodical review of evaluation frameworks, methodologies and databases monitoring at the MCO;Draw analysis and evaluation of interventions in the MCO, and lessons learnt from country programmes; Support the implementation of oversight plan at MCO level; Liaise with other units to ensure the use of results-based indicators and facilitate and support data collection and analysis for evaluation.
- Support to the evaluation process: Under the guidance of the supervisor, draft/review of Terms of Reference (TOR) for specific project/thematic/sectorial evaluation missions and/or desk evaluations/reviews, participation in consultant and evaluation team selection, technical feedback on evaluations and budget oversight; Provide guidance on UN Women evaluation policies, procedures and practices to programme managers, staff concerned with assigned project/thematic/sectorial evaluations and/or desk reviews, consultants and/or members of the evaluation team; Follow up on implementation of evaluation recommendations.
- Inter-Agency Coordination Support: Provide programme support to the UN Women Representative on inter-agency coordination related activities; Provide inputs for the country level Comprehensive Country Assessment (CCA)/UNDAF processes and similar exercises related to the RC system; Help puts together analytical and regular progress reports on UN Women´s program experiences in support of UN women inter-agency coordination role.
- Partnerships building and facilitation of knowledge building and management: Facilitate the collaborative relationships with other UN agencies, experts, government counterparts ensuring timely and efficient delivery of inputs related to assigned portfolio; Identify and formulate lessons learned from evaluations and studies to be integrated into broader Evaluation Office knowledge management efforts; Collect knowledge on current and emerging trends by gathering relevant information on programme, projects, strategies, approaches and ongoing experience for lessons learned, best practices. Participate in results-oriented monitoring and evaluation training efforts in the Multi Country Office; Contribute to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Core Values / Guiding Principles: Integrity: Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work.
- Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity: Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff; Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating difference in values and learning from cultural diversity.
- Core Competencies: Ethics and Values: Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity. Organizational Awareness: Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment. Development and Innovation: Take charge of self-development and take initiative.
- Work in teams: Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Communicating and Information Sharing: Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication Self-management and Emotional Intelligence: Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behavior towards othersConflict Management: Surface conflicts and address them proactively acknowledging different feelings and views and directing energy towards a mutually acceptable solution.
- Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Encourage learning and sharing of knowledge. Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making: Demonstrate informed and transparent decision making. Functional Competencies: Understand and apply fundamental concepts and principles of monitoring and evaluation; Possess knowledge of monitoring and evaluation policies and procedure, particularly development/programming skills that are pertinent to UN Women strategic priorities on gender issues and women’s rights; Understanding of research techniques and statistical analysis; Strive to keep knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning; Support formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects; Understand Results Based Management principles and approaches; Maintain networks and partnerships with UN agencies and other international partners to promote partnership and build alliances to advance organizational interests and competencies; Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills; Possess analytical skills; Demonstrate good knowledge of information technology.
- Education: Master’s Degree in Social Science Research or any other related field (e.g. demography, public health, statistics, socio-economics, gender etc.); Academic training in research/evaluation utilizing statistical methodologies and related database applications is desirable.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in international development issues; Experience in monitoring and evaluation with a background in the analysis of socio-economic issues and related policy matters; Experience in the usage of computers, office software packages and statistical databases, experience in handling of web based management systems; Knowledge of gender issues desirable.
- Language: Fluency in English is required; Knowledge of official national language is essential
Selection Procedure for United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) – Monitoring & Evaluation Analyst Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 18/03/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How to apply for Monitoring & Evaluation Analyst Vacancy in United Nations Development Programme (UNDP):
Interested candidates may apply online on or before 18/03 2015
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 18/03/2015
23-02-2017 , 24-02-2017