United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of National Consultant through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed M.Sc/ M.A can apply for the new recruitment notification from United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the National Consultant Job on or before 03.04.2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)|
|Vacancy Name||National Consultant|
|Educational Qualification||M.Sc/ M.A|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Post|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||03.04.2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Across India|
Detail of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) National Consultant Recruitment:
- Location : Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun,Ondo,Osun and Oyo States
- Application Deadline : 03-Apr-15
- Additional Category Millennium Development Goals
- Type of Contract : Individual Contract
- Post Level : National Consultant
- Languages Required : English
- Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-May-2015
- Duration of Initial Contract : 150 Working days within the period of May 01, 2015 and April 30, 2016.
- Expected Duration of Assignment : 150 Working days within the period of May 01, 2015 and April 30, 2016.
- Purpose of assignment Assist in the preparation of the two helicopter overflights that will generate “ground truth” data. Participate in the helicopter flights and lead the data collection during the flights. About 10 hours will be flown in the dry season (May) and 58 hours in the wet season (August). Take high quality photos and GPS points that can be used for further interpretation in combination with satellite imagery. Organize and process the collected geographic data and photos in a structured manned and prepare shapefiles with links to the geotagged photos, tracking paths, etc. Do any necessary pre-processing of the images (e.g., atmospheric correction, pansharpening); Set up a standardized method and workflow for interpreting and digitizing the field boundary; To analyse the images and identify cannabis cultivation fields. For that purpose classification keys should be developed and documented and the workflow should include a mechanism for quality control; Interpret the images with a visual interpretation technique, eventually preceded by (semi)-automatized classification, using the data obtained from aerial overflights as “ground truth” data. The boundaries of the identified cannabis fields should be delineated and saved in a digital geographic database; Write a report on the image interpretation method including the workflow and classification keys; Give a technical presentation to national counterparts on the applied methods and results
- Remuneration Successful candidate will be remunerated in an agreed ratio of about five (5) instalments tied to different deliverables as will be stated in the contract.
- Education: Post-graduate degree in relevant fields such as Geographic Information Science and Remote Sensing.
- Experience: At least 10 years professional experience with photo and/or satellite image interpretation using state of the art software, including collecting geographic data in the field. Experience with visual interpretation techniques and interpretation workflows. Knowledge of crops, crop phenology in combination with remote sensing. Proactive and able to work with minimal supervision and high degree of initiative, accountability, flexibility, motivation, and resourcefulness.
- Language: Fluency in English;
- Working knowledge of some major Nigeria Languages is an advantage.
Selection Procedure for United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)- National Consultant Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 03.04.2015
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for National Consultant Vacancy in United Nations Development Programme (UNDP):
Last Date to apply 03/04/2015
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 03.04.2015