United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Project Executive through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed M.A/ MSW/ M.Com can apply for the new recruitment notification from United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Project Executive on or before 18/03/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)|
|Vacancy Name||Project Executive|
|Educational Qualification||M.A/ MSW/ M.Com|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Posts|
|Salary||Rs. 75,457/- per month|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||18/03/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Hyderabad|
Detail of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Project Executive Recruitment:
Background UNDP Country Programme (2013-17) is aligned with the Government of India’s Twelfth Plan priorities and seeks to improve the effectiveness of national programmes and policies for disadvantaged regions and groups especially women, Scheduled Castes, Schedule Tribes, minorities, displaced persons and persons with disabilities. UNDP’s partnership with the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) under “Governance and Accelerated Livelihoods Support” aims to strengthen the effectiveness of key Ministry programmes by providing (a) technical assistance to the state government and NGOs in Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Odisha to improve sustainable livelihoods with linkages to Panchayati Raj Institutions for governance in focus districts; (b) policy advice and technical assistance to the Ministry and the state governments to help improve the efficiency, accountability and inclusiveness of National Rural Livelihoods Mission and the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme; and (c) policy advice and technical assistance to the Ministry and state governments to help “green” select schemes. According to Census 2011, India has 55 million potential workers between the ages of 15 and 35 years in rural areas. At the same time, the world is expected to face a shortage of 57 million workers by 2020. This presents a historic opportunity for India to transform Indian rural youth into a powerful demographic dividend that can help realize the nation’s ambitious target of skilling 500 million by 2022 and contribute to its economic growth agenda. The Ministry of Rural Development, GOI is a critical partner to this national agenda and aims to contribute to the same through the Deen Dayal Upadhyay Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY). The DDU-GKY is a part of the National Rural livelihood Mission” (NRLM), was restructured in September 2014 and launched with a revised focus on building skills of rural youth benchmarked to global standards. The DDU-GKY is a part of a long and pioneering history of skill development which saw the origin of placement-linked skill training programs to the launch of the Swarnajayanthi Gram Swarozgar Yojana-Special Projects in 2004-05 and its evolution to Aajeevika Skills in 2013 and its further revision to DDU-GKY. UNDP, under the GOALS Project, provides technical support to NRLM for efficient and inclusive implementation through (a) positioning professional managers and domain experts to improve implementation at the state level; (b) strengthening the social mobilisation in favour of women from persistently excluded groups; and (c) developing and testing of context-specific, market-led, livelihood strategies that will enable institutions of the poor women to secure their role in markets and supply chains and ensure higher and sustained returns. As part of its support to NRLM in focus districts, UNDP is looking for a dynamic individual for the position of Project Executive (Roshni) at Hyderabad with significant travel to LWE districts across the country.
- Duties and Responsibilities: The Project Executive (Roshni) will work under the guidance and supervision of the Chief Operating Officer (Roshni) and Programme Analyst, UNDP. The incumbent will be primarily responsible for the work of Roshni projects. The Project Executive will work towards attainment of the results envisaged by DDU-GKY- Roshni to the required standards of quality and within the constraints of time and cost. For this, s/he will ensure that the Roshni component of DDU-GKY: Delivers on its objectives; and Achieves its goals at state and district levels. S/he will undertake any other task assigned by the COO (Roshni) and Programme Analyst, UNDP.
- Duties and Responsibilities:- Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Chief Operating Officer (Roshni) and Programme Analyst, UNDP, the Project Executive (Roshni) has the responsibility for the following tasks:- Understand the needs and aspirations of the rural youth, particularly the poor and vulnerable in the Left-wing extremist affected districts; Execute the placement-linked skill development projects sanctioned under Roshni initiative in the identified left-wing extremist affected districts, as per the quality standards outlined in the Standard Operating Procedure (SoP); Provide inputs, based on extensive field visits to project area/training centres/placement locations, to enable improving the skill development programmes and training systems in left-wing extremist affected districts; Develop vibrant partnerships with various skill development organisations, the private sector, industry associations and sector specific employers’ associations in left-wing extremist affected districts; Coordinate various processes under the Roshni initiative, with the State governments and the Ministry of Rural Development including project appraisal, sanction, fund releases, monitoring and evaluation, training centre inspections, resolving the implementation issues etc; Build the capacities of the Project Implementation Agencies (PIAs) and the State governments through the development and organisation of training modules at various levels; Assist in the development and improvement of the MIS systems to ensure effective and timely Monitoring; Assist the COO in the preparation of the quarterly and annual reports to be submitted to Government of India and UNDP; Perform any other related tasks consistent with the level of the post and/or assigned by the Chief Operating Officer (Roshni) and Programme Analyst, UNDP.
- Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of skill development and livelihoods promotion; Good understanding of development issues such as human development, inclusive development, gender, participation. Building Strategic Partnerships Ability to build and sustain effective partnerships with Government Agencies and main constituents, advocate effectively, communicate sensitively across different constituencies; Effectively networks with partners seizing opportunities to build strategic alliances. Development and Operational Effectiveness Keeps abreast of new developments in the area of professional discipline and job knowledge and seeks to develop him/herself professionally; Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments. Self-Management Ability to work independently and under pressure; Establishes priorities for self, schedules activities to ensure optimum use of time and resources; Works as a team member; Self-development, initiative-taking; Shares knowledge across the organization and builds a culture of knowledge sharing and learning; Approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude; Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Educational Qualifications:- Graduate degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Political Science, others sciences, Rural Development, Development Studies or related fields. Post-graduate degree diploma in these fields will be desirable.
- Experience:- A minimum of 2years of experience in rural development, rural livelihoods, skill development and/or related fields; Experience of working in the Roshni project area is desirable; Experience in applying a rights-based approach to development programming.
- Knowledge and Skills:- Proficiency in MS-Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Advanced knowledge of spread sheet, database and research packages will be an asset; Good analytical skills including skills in data analysis and report writing; Strong communication (written and oral) skills.
- Language Requirements:- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Hindi.
- Remuneration package is Rs. 75,457/- per month (taxable). UNDP also offers additional benefits which include medical insurance coverage and limited pension reimbursement for contract holder and encourages work life balance. UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- Duration of Initial Contract : One year (extendable)
- Expected Duration of Assignment : One year (extendable)
Selection Procedure for United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) – Project Executive Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 18/03/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How to apply for Project Executive Vacancy in United Nations Development Programme (UNDP):
Interested candidates may apply online on or before 18/03 2015. Please apply online by visiting www.undp.org.in (Quick link, Careers).
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 18/03/2015