United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Research Officer through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Masters degree can apply for the new recruitment notification from United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Research Officer on or before 05.04.2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)|
|Vacancy Name||Research Officer|
|Educational Qualification||Any Masters Degree|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Posts|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||05.04.2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)|
Detail of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Research Officer Recruitment:
- Location : Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension, New Delhi, INDIA
- Application Deadline : 05-Apr-15
- Additional Category Democratic Governance
- Type of Contract : Service Contract
- Post Level : SB-4
- Languages Required : English
- Duration of Initial Contract : One Year (Extendable)
- Duties and Responsibilities The Research Officer will be perform the following tasks: Research and Development: Conduct research on topics/ areas related to Competency based HRM (especially Assessment and Development Centres) and Leadership Development; Support the development of concept paper/ case studies/ knowledge products related to work being done/planned under Competency based HRM and Leadership Development; Design a systematic mechanism for Trainer management under Leadership Development activity. Knowledge Management: Share publications, key technical documents, knowledge papers, articles, insights and experiences on related subjects with the project partners through Knowledge Exchange Community. Institutional Capacity Strengthening: Support institutional capacity development of NC-LDCA and LBSNAA for strengthening competency assessment and development in the Civil Service; Development of institutional development strategies that would respond to the capacity gaps identified in the assessments. Project Implementation: Developing/preparing Concept papers; Assist in organizing various workshops, seminars, conferences, focused group discussions and consultation meetings for data collection and project purposes within the ambit of the project; Coordinate project-related activities within all agencies involved such as DoPT, LBSNAA, NCGG, UNDP, and with service providers to ensure results are in accordance with the Work Plan; Ensure adequate information flow, communication and feedback among the various stakeholders of the project; Support in implementation of activities/outputs mentioned in the workplan; Submit regular progress reports on deliverables to DoPT and UNDP as well as any other reports/ communication materials requested by DoPT and UNDP; Undertake any other activities within the project as advised by project manager and senior management within UNDP and DOPT. Time frame: The project started in 2013 and is likely to continue till end 2017.
- Competencies Corporate Competencies: Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability; Treats all people fairly without favouritism. Functional Competencies: Analysis and creation of messages and strategies; Creates effective advocacy strategies; Performs analysis of political situations and scenarios and contributes to the formulation of institutional responses. Knowledge Management and Learning Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office; In-depth knowledge on human resource management and public administration reform issues; Ability to advocate and provide policy advice; Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills. Results Based Programme Development and Management Contributing to results through provision of information; Provides information for linkages across programme activities to help identify critical points of integration; Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programmes implementation; Provides background information to identify opportunities for project development and helps in drafting proposals; Participates in formulation of project proposals. Development and Operational Effectiveness Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting; Ability to lead formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects, mobilize resources; Strong IT skills; Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change. Innovation and Marketing New Approaches Developing New Approaches; Seeks a broad range of perspectives in developing project proposals; Identifies new approaches and promotes their use in other situations; Creates an environment that fosters innovation and innovative thinking; Makes the case for innovative ideas from the team with own supervisor. Management and Leadership Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback; Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills; Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude; Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills; Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors; High interpersonal skills, and ability to remain calm, in control and good humored under pressure; Ability to prioritise assignments and requirements, and multitask as needed; Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities. Substantive Knowledge & Skills In-depth knowledge of competency based HRM, leadership development concepts, theories and applications; Excellent understanding of the Indian Civil Services and Public Administration; Knowledge about Public Administration Reform processes in India and international practices in Good Governance; Proficiency in the use of office IT applications and internet in conducting research; Outstanding communication, project management and organizational skills. Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Required Skills and Experience Education: Masters degree in the field of Leadership, Organisational Behaviour, Psychology, Human Resource Management, Organisational Development, Public Administration, Governance or related field with excellent academic record.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of relevant professional/ academic/ research experience on Leadership, Organisation Behaviour, Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Governance or related field; Experience of working with Central and/or State Governments/ NGOs/ Civil Society on similar assignments will be preferred; Ability to produce high quality reports and knowledge products (samples may be requested as reference). Language: Excellent command of the English language; Proficiency in at least one Indian language.
- Travel: Willingness to travel for data collection and project implementation
Selection Procedure for United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) – Research Officer Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 05.04.2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How to apply for Research Officer Vacancy in United Nations Development Programme (UNDP):
Candidates Can apply on or Before 05.04.02015
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 05.04.2015