United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Technical Expert through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed B.Tech/ M.Tech/ MCA. M.Sc/ CS/ MS can apply for the new recruitment notification from United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Technical Expert Job on or before 03/05/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)|
|Vacancy Name||Technical Expert|
|Educational Qualification||B.E/B.Tech/ M.E/M.Tech/ MCA/ M.Sc/ CS/ MS|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Post|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||03/05/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Election Commission of India, New Delhi, INDIA|
Detail of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Technical Expert Recruitment:
Election Commission of India (ECI) has been managing a ‘free and fair’ electoral process that remains unparalleled in the world given the massive numbers, geographic spread and organisational logistics involved. This has also led to a demand for sharing of experiences and learning with other developing countries. Concerted efforts by ECI and other bodies have succeeded in increasing the voter participation, as witnessed in the last Parliamentary election and subsequent state legislative assembly elections. However, measures have to be taken up for further increasing the participation and involving all sections of the society for achieving further inclusive elections. UNDP in partnership with ECI is implementing a project “Supporting Democratic Electoral Management” for the cycle 2013-2017 with the broad outcome of “Promoting the exchange of knowledge and experiences in the field of election management and administration through ECI to other developing countries.” The Election Commission of India and its International Cooperation Division has constantly engaged itself and others in generating innovative ideas and practices to respond to the emerging challenges. This has been done through bilateral and multilateral cooperation in promoting participatory democracy and best practices in election administration, professional contact and exchange activities, study and observation missions and technical support and advice. There has been a visible movement of late in several parts of the world in the direction of election based democracy, and the ECI is increasingly being approached for sharing its skills and knowledge in election management.
- Location : Election Commission of India, New Delhi, INDIA
- Application Deadline : 03-May-15
- Additional Category Democratic Governance
- Type of Contract : Service Contract
- Post Level : SB-4
- Languages Required : English
- Duties and Responsibilities The Technical Expert would have the responsibility to assist successful delivery of the expected outputs of the project innovative use of the ICT tools and applications. This would include the following: Prepare technological tools for all aspects of planning the electoral processes at National Level, Chief Electoral Officer (CEO), District Election Officer (DEO) and Returning Officer (RO) level; Provide necessary support in requirement gathering of uses of technology for electoral roll, voter education, grievance redressal, general election system, election planning, election monitoring etc; Design and Develop technological solutions for use IT in an innovative manner; Test technological solutions in place for Quality testing; Provide necessary support in deployment of developed IT Solutions from National level and offer technical support to all state offices; Be alert to the possibilities of misuse of IT and social media during campaign period and suggest remedies; Create necessary document as per CMM, IEEE and/or ISO standards for all IT Applications in use; Research on the international best practices or innovative practices for voter education and come out with replicable and implementable ideas; Help DIR (IT), ECI in providing necessary training to invited officials by IIIDEM; Manage user interaction effectively through web-portal management; Systematic Voter Education and Electoral Participation (SVEEP) management, election management, training management etc; The effective communication between Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) offices and ECI through election Dashboard; Any other responsibility assigned by ECI and UNDP.
- Education: BE/BTech/ME/MTech/MS (Engg) degree in CS/CT/IT from recognized University; MCA/MSc (CS) from recognized University; Any additional qualification in electoral management, IT software or computer programming would be an advantage.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience for BE/ BTech; Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience for ME/MTech/MS (Engg); Minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience for MCA/MSc (CS); Have a good knowledge and working experience of software development; Good understanding of issues pertaining to CMM, IEEE and/or ISO standards and e-governance projects; Hands on experience on Handling Big data; Experience in handling security on IT Applications; Have excellent documentation skills in English and Hindi; Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills; Previous work experience with government agencies is an advantage; Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Language: Proficiency in spoken and written English. A good command over state specific language is an asset.
Selection Procedure for United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)- Technical Expert Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 03/05/2015
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Technical Expert Vacancy in United Nations Development Programme (UNDP):
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Last date to apply 03/05/2015
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 03/05/2015
25-01-2017 , 26-01-2017