United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of UNV Management Associates through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Graduate, Post Graduate can apply for the new recruitment notification from United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the UNV Management Associates Job on or before 14-May-15. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Vacancy Name : UNV Management Associates
Educational Qualification : Any Graduate, Any Post Graduate
Total No of Vacancy : 01 Post
Salary : NA
Job Location : New Delhi
Last Date to Apply for this job : 14-May-15
Address for the Job Vacancy : United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), New Delhi, INDIA
Detail of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) UNV Management Associates Recruitment:
- Location : New Delhi, INDIA
- Application Deadline : 14-May-15
- Type of Contract : UNV
- Post Level : UNV
- Languages Required : English
- Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 15-Jun-2015 Duration of Initial Contract : One Year with possibility of Extension
- Expected Duration of Assignment : One Year with possibility of Extension
The United Nations General Assembly defines volunteerism as an activity undertaken out of free will, for the general public good, and where monetary reward is not the principal motivating factor. It is expressed through a wide range of activities, including traditional forms of mutual aid and self-help, formal service delivery, campaigning and advocacy, as well as other forms of civic participation. Volunteering represents an important form and manifestation of youth participation across the globe. It is increasingly recognized that young people’s approaches to participation are changing and becoming more diverse, especially as a result of globalization processes. According to the State of the World’s Volunteerism Report 2011, “healthy societies need young people who are involved with their communities. Volunteer action can be a highly effective route towards such involvement.
- A growing body of research and studies, including the UNV’s own lessons learned, points to the benefits volunteerism accrues to a youth’s own development and to societies at large.
- Firstly, volunteerism can support young people to become active leaders and citizens and serves as an important tool for engagement in society.
- Secondly, youth volunteerism strengthens the bond between young people and their communities.
- And finally, volunteerism helps young people improve their employment prospects through practical experiences which enhance both hard and soft job-related skills.
Under the direct supervision of National Project Director, National Project Manager and Programme Analyst/Head of UNV, the UNV Management Associates will undertake the following tasks:
- Technical Expertise for coordination and monitoring of project activities in coordination with UNV District Youth Coordinators
- Set up and maintain project files;
- Collect project related information data;
- Assist the project manager in updating project plans;
- Administer project board meetings;
- Administer project revision control;
- Establish document control procedures;
- Compile, copy and distribute all project reports;
- Assist in the financial management tasks under the responsibility of the project manager;
- Provide support in the use of Atlas for monitoring and reporting;
- Review technical reports;
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are encouraged to:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark IVD);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
- All project-related data collected and used for smooth functioning of the project.
- Yearly project plans (including inputs from all 29 districts) updated regularly.
- All project ledgers (equipment, financial, etc.) are maintained as per UNDP rules and regulations.
Required Skills and Experience
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field. A Masters level Degree in the above will be considered as an added advantage.
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in administration and monitoring. Preferably in administration, management and monitoring of youth, volunteerism, economic and social development issues
- Good analytical skills (including writing skills), good inter-personal skills and the ability to work under pressure, both independently and as part of a team.
- Sound coordination skills will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and Hindi.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages, (MS Word, Excel, and Power Point, etc.). Advanced knowledge of spread sheet, database and research packages will be an asset.
- Willingness to travel
This position is open to applicants of either sex. Preference will be given to equally qualified women candidates. Only short listed candidates would be contacted. The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme is the UN organization that promotes volunteerism to support peace and development worldwide. In all assignments, UN Volunteers promote volunteerism through their action and conduct. Engaging in volunteer activity can effectively and positively enrich their understanding of local and social realities, as well as create a bridge between themselves and the people in their host community.
Selection Procedure for United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) – UNV Management Associates Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 14-May-15.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for UNV Management Associates Vacancy in United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) :
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 14-May-15
25-10-2016 , 26-10-2016