United Nations Development Programme(UNDP) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of State Project Head through recruitment notification . Candidates who have completed Post-graduate Degree,MBA can apply for the new recruitment notification from United Nations Development Programme(UNDP).
Eligible candidates can apply online for the State Project Head Job on or before16/9/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : United Nations Development Programme(UNDP)
Vacancy Name : State Project Head
Educational Qualification : Any Post Graduate,MBA/PGDM
Total No of Vacancy : 01 post
Salary : Rs1,56,500
Job Location : Mumbai
Last Date to Apply for this job :16/9/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy :United Nations Development Programme,Mumbai
Detail of United Nations Development Programme(UNDP) State Project Head Recruitment:
|Application Deadline :
|Type of Contract :
|Post Level :
|Languages Required :
|Duration of Initial Contract :
||One year (extendable
Duties and Responsibilities
|Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Programme Manager of the UNDP/IKEA Project, the head of the state office has the responsibility for the following tasks:
- Explore in depth the state-level policy framework, schemes and programmes, infrastructure and other public resources relevant to the project. Develop a vibrant partnership with the state government agencies such as the State Skill Development Missions/Corporations and State-level Womens’ Agency and establish a coordination mechanism;
- Analyse the local socio-economic trends that will feed into the project strategy;
- Analyse the local business environment and opportunities arising from the same. With support from Xynteo, identify business enterprises based on the due diligence methodology adopted and secure commitment from the shortlisted firms for partnership under the project;
- Identify strong implementing agencies (social mobilisation agencies, skill development organizations, placement agencies, certification agencies, entrepreneurship support organisations, financial institutions etc.)that need to be considered while firming up the state—level implementation arrangements. Prepare a list based on the assessment criteria and coordinate the implementation arrangements;
- Collaborate with government and other stakeholders to develop a business model which can be scaled across other clusters in the state based on the findings of the pilots;
- Develop a comprehensive state-level implementation plan to achieve the goals and targets set;
- Guide implementation through close working relationship with implementing agencies. Provide regular inputs on issues such as social mobilisation of women, curriculum development, certification, placement, and retention etc. Conduct field visits and proactively identify implementation gaps at different levels and provide necessary inputs/feedback;
- Ensure compliance with UNDP regulations and rules, coordinate audit and follow up on audit observations. Manage the financial, human resource task and administrative tasks of the state office; maintain high morale and efficiency at all times;
- Monitor the project as per the M&E plan. Prepare quarterly and annual reports to be submitted to UNDP;
- Support implementation of the communication strategy and knowledge management functions through documentation of relevant lessons including human interest stories, innovations, success stories and best practices and dissemination of the same;
- Fulfil advocacy role with state government, industry partners and implementing partners on project mandate.Contribute to state level discussions on Skill development/entrepreneurship development, curriculum development and support the skill development mission of the state;
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise:
- Knowledge about India’s development administration systems;
- Good understanding of development issues such as human development, inclusive development, gender and participation, skill development and certification, entrepreneurship and Public private partnership models;
- First hand exposure to different Govt. programmes and schemes for skill development and entrepreneurship for women.
- Good understanding of PPP modalities and their implementation;
- Good understanding of monitoring budget, expenses and tracking the outcomes;
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments;
- Good understanding of management issues relating to human resource, budgeting, partnership for development projects
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, with an ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Building Strategic Partnerships:
- Establish, build and sustain effective relationships, partnerships and alliances, advocate effectively and communicate sensitively;
- Strong networks across diverse sectors at leadership levels.
Results based monitoring:
- Result-orientation and ability to develop strategic approaches;
- Identifies problems and propose solutions;
- Demonstrates extremely strong influencing and facilitation skills.
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing:
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Builds staff competence, creating an environment of creativity and innovation;
- Shares knowledge across the organization and builds a culture of knowledge sharing and learning.Any other related tasks consistent with the level of the post and/or assigned by the Programme Manager.
- Demonstrates/safeguards ethics and integrity;
- Builds and promotes effective teams using mentoring and conflict resolution skills;
- Works as a team member;
- Facilitates and encourages open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Demonstrates corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure;
- Schedules activities to ensure optimum use of time and resources;
- Monitors performance against development and other objectives and corrects deviations from the course;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Fair and transparent decision making; calculated risk-taking;
- Approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
Required Skills and Experience
- Post-graduate Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Economics, Social Sciences, Development Studies or related fields.
- A minimum of 7-8 years’ experience in a senior level of responsibility at the state or national level in managing a development programme focussing on livelihood, skill development, enterprise development and/or related fields;
- With relevant experience of 5-6 years in; leading large scale livelihoods promotion/skill development/entrepreneurship development programmes;
- Mobilisation of women under development programmes;
- Coordination and facilitation of senior, complex teams;
- Providing management advisory services;
- Hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of skill development and entrepreneurship development projects;
- Experience in handling partnerships including funding.
- Fluency in English and Hindi is essential;
- Knowledge of regional language(s) would be an asset.
- Willingness to travel.
Remuneration package is Rs. 156,493/- per month (taxable). UNDP also offers additional benefits which include medical insurance coverage and limited pension reimbursement for contract holder and encourages work life balance.
UNDP strives to have a workforce which reflects diversity and gender balance, and applies an equal opportunities approach. UNDP does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS status. All selection is on merit.
Selection Procedure for United Nations Development Programme(UNDP) – State Project Head Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 16/9/2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for State Project Head Vacancy in United Nations Development Programme(UNDP) :
Apply on before 16/9/2015.UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job16/9/2015