University Grants Commission (UGC) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Standing Counsel/ Panel Counsel through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Any Graduate can apply for the new recruitment notification from University Grants Commission (UGC)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Standing Counsel/ Panel Counsel on or before 20/05/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Vacancy Name||Standing Counsel/ Panel Counsel|
|Educational Qualification||Any Graduate|
|Total No of Vacancy||02 Posts|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||20/05/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Dr.Manju Singh, Joint Secretary (Administration), University Grants Commission, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi-110002|
Detail of University Grants Commission (UGC) Standing Counsel/ Panel Counsel Recruitment:
Empanelment of Standing Counsel/Panel Counsel(s) to represent University Grants Commission (UGC) before High Courts/other judicial bodies (other than Delhi High Court and Supreme Court of India) in India at the place of High Court. Empanelment of Standing Counsel/Panel Counsel(s) The University Grants Commission, an autonomous body of the Government of India proposes to engage Standing Counsel(s)/Panel Counsel(s) to represent the Commission before different High Courts and other judicial bodies (Other than Delhi High Court and Supreme Court of India). The Counsels engaged by UGC will fall into two categories viz:- (a) Standing Counsel (s) (b) Panel Counsel (s)
- Qualification for each category of Counsels will be as under:-
- Standing Counsel : In order to be eligible for appointment as Standing Counsel, a person should : i. Be enrolled/registered as an advocate with the High Court. ii. Have a minimum experience of ten years of handling Civil/Criminal/service matter cases. Preference will be given to the counsels who have dealt earlier with matters pertaining to academic/education institutions and statutory bodies.
- Panel Counsel : In order to be eligible for appointment as Panel Counsel, the person should : i. Be enrolled/registered as an advocate with the High Court. ii. Have a minimum, relevant experience of five years of handling Civil/Criminal/service matter cases. Preference will be given to the counsels who have dealt earlier with matters pertaining to academic/education institutions and statutory bodies.
- Duties of the Counsel : The counsel shall perform the following duties: i. Represent UGC before High Court and other judicial bodies; ii. Provide legal advice to UGC on civil, criminal, service and such other matters arising in the course of administration of the Commission as are referred to him/her including : (a) Examination and drafting of legal documents; (b) Drafting of applications, petitions etc., to be filed in various courts of law; (c) Prompt removal/curing of defects in appeals/petitions filed; as may be pointed out by the registry; iii. Apply for the copy of judgment from the court in cases attended by him/her and supply the copy of judicial pronouncements at the earliest but not later than 10 days from the date of order (excluding the time taken by the court in preparation of the copy); iv. If required, render all assistance to Special or Senior Counselengaged in a particular cases before the Supreme Court, High Courts and other judicial bodies; v. Keep UGC informed and updated on all important developments in the designated cases, dates of hearing, order of the court on the date of its pronouncement, supplying copy of judgment etc; vi. Furnish monthly statement about the cases represented by him/her before the High Court or any other authority and their outcomes. vii. Perform such other duties of legal nature which may be assigned to him/her by UGC. viii. When any case attended to by him/her is decided against the Commission, give considered opinion regarding the advisability of filing an appeal from such a decision not later than 5 working days of the order (kuchha copy).
- Termination of appointment/resignation UGC reserves the right to terminate the appointment/empanelment of a Counsel with one month’s notice in writing without assigning any reason. The counsel may also resign from the Commission by serving one month’s notice. UGC is free to engage any advocate of its own choice and an empanelled Advocates shall make no claim that he/she alone should be entrusted with UGC’s legal matter (s)
Selection Procedure for University Grants Commission (UGC) – Standing Counsel/ Panel Counsel Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 20/05/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How to apply for Standing Counsel/ Panel Counsel Vacancy in University Grants Commission (UGC):
- The Advocate shall not advise any party or accept any case against the UGC in which he/she has appeared or is likely to be called upon to appear for or advise which is likely to affect or lead to litigation against the UGC;
- If the Advocate happens to be a partner of a firm of lawyers or solicitors, it shall be incumbent upon the firm not to take up any case against the UGC in any Court of Law/Tribunal/Commission or any case arising out of those cases e.g. appeals and revisions;
- Effective Hearing means a hearing in which either one or more parties involved in the case are heard by the Court/Tribunal/Commission on the facts or law of the case. If the case is mentioned by the other side and adjourned or only when directions are given or only judgment is delivered by the Court/Tribunal/Commission, the same shall be a non-effective hearing;
- In cases where on the request of the Ministry of HRD, interests of UOI have also to be protected, no extra fees shall be paid to the advocate to watch and safeguard the interests of Ministry of HRD or UOI.
- The interested Counsels/Law companies/Firms which are desirous to be considered for empanelment and have adequate experience in dealing with legal matters pertaining to academics/ education/autonomous bodies may apply along with detailed Biodate/Curriculum Vitae with special emphasis on relevant experience to Dr.Manju Singh, Joint Secretary (Administration), University Grants Commission, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi-110002 within four weeks from the date of uploading of this advertisement on the UGC website i.e. www.ugc.ac.in.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 20/05/2015
29-10-2016 , 30-10-2016