University of Calcutta (CU) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Faculty Positions through recruitment notification – University of Calcutta (CU) Recruitment 2015 – ADVERTISEMENT NO. EST/3010/TC/15. Candidates who have completed Ph.D, Graduate, Post Graduate can apply for the new recruitment notification from University of Calcutta (CU).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Faculty Positions Job on or before 15/5/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : University of Calcutta (CU)
Vacancy Name : Faculty Positions
Educational Qualification : M.Phil/Ph.d, Any Graduate, Any Post Graduate
Total No of Vacancy : 11 Post
Salary : Rs. 40,000/- p.m
Job Location : Kolkata
Last Date to Apply for this job : 15/5/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : University of Calcutta (CU), Kolkata
Detail of University of Calcutta (CU) Faculty Positions Recruitment:
Applications are invited in prescribed forms from deserving candidates for Contractual Faculty Positions (Assistant Professors) in the different subjects for the 4-Year B. Tech. Course in the University of Calcutta.
- Subjects and Number of Positions:
- Mathematics: 2 (two)
- Physics : 2 (two)
- Chemistry : 2 (two)
- English (Communicative English, Sociology and Language Lab.): 1 (one)
- Mechanical Engineering: 1 (one)
- Electrical Engineering : 1 (one)
- Electronics Engineering: 1 (one)
- Computer Science & Engineering : 1 (one)
- Qualifications and Experiences* (*As per U. G. C Notification No. F.3-1/2009, dt. 30.06.2010 notified in Gazette of India on 18th September, 2010, and relevant Memorandum of Higher Education Dept., Govt. of W B. No. 120 – Edn(U)/1U-91/10, Date: 21.02.2011; Memorandum of Higher Education Dept.,Govt. of W B. No. 142 – Edn(U)/1U-91/10, Date: 28.02.2011)
- (For Serial Nos. 1 to 4 in “Subjects and Number of Positions”) i. Good academic record as defined by the concerned University with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Masters Degree level in a relevant subject. ii. At least a second class ‘Three Years’ Bachelor’s Degree with Honours/ Major in the relevant/ allied subject ii. The candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC (CSIR) or similar test accredited by the UGC like NET/SLET. iii. However, the candidates who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. degree in accordance with the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 shall be exempted from the requirement of the Minimum Eligibility Condition of NET/SLET/SET. iv. NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programme in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.
- (For Serial Nos. 5 to 8 in “Subjects and Number of Positions”) i. Minimum Eligibility Criteria Master’s degree with first class or equivalent at B.E./B.Tech. or M.E./M.Tech. in relevant branch of Engineering (Engg.) & Technology (Tech.) ii. Desirable: 1. Teaching, research, industrial and/or professional experience in a reputed organization. 2. Papers published in refereed journals and/or presented at conference.
- Salary: Rs. 40.000.00 (Rupees forty thousand only) per month (consolidated).
Selection Procedure for University of Calcutta (CU) – Faculty Positions Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 15/5/2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Faculty Positions Vacancy in University of Calcutta (CU) :
Appointments for all the Faculty positions will be made purely on Contractual (yearly) basis which may be renewed depending on the satisfactory performance of the candidate. All terms and conditions will be governed by the existing rules and regulations of the University of Calcutta which may be amended from time to time. For the above mentioned posts, candidate has to apply (7 copies) in prescribed forms to be downloaded from the University websites along with self attested relevant documents & Demand Draft of Rs. 300.00 (Rs. 75 for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped candidates along with appropriate documents) drawn in favour of The Registrar, University of Calcutta, along with the filled‐in prescribed forms to the Registrar, University of Calcutta on or before May 15, 2015. Mere fulfilment of eligibility conditions does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. Only those candidates who will be short-listed on the basis of criteria to be adopted by relevant committees will be called for interview.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 15/5/2015
University of Calcutta (CU) Recruitment 2014 – ADVERTISEMENT NO. EST/3010/TC/15.
02-03-2017 , 03-03-2017