University of Madras has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Assistant Professors through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed M.Sc/Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from University of Madras
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Assistant Professors Job on or before 16/03/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||University of Madras|
|Vacancy Name||Assistant Professors|
|Total No of Vacancy||02 Post|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||16/03/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||UNIVERSITY OF MADRAS, SCHOOL OF PHYSICS SCIENCES CENTRAL INSTRUMENTATION & SERVICE LABORATORY GUINDY CAMPUS, CHENNAI – 600025|
Detail of University of Madras Assistant Professors Recruitment:
Applications (8 copies) are invited from the eligible candidates for the posts of Assistant Professors on contract basis for Five Years under the DBT – Builder Programme as detailed below in conformity with 200 Point Roster System
- No of post : 02
- Qualification : i. Good academic record with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the M. Sc. Degree level in branches of Life Sciences including Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Genetics or Molecular Biology from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. ii. Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET. iii. Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-clauses (i) and (ii) to this Clause, candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment as Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/Institutions. iv. NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.
- Desirable qualification: Specialisation in subjects common to life sciences such
- SALARY: Consolidated pay of Rs.40,000/- p.m. with an annual increment of Rs.1500/-
Selection Procedure for Assistant Professors- University Research Fellowship Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 16/03/2015
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Assistant Professors Vacancy in University of Madras:
Candidates who satisfy the above requirements may download the application form from the University Website and apply to the Registrar of the University (by Designation only) with a Demand Draft for Rs.500/- towards the cost of application. The Demand Draft shall be drawn in favour of the ‘The Registrar, University of Madras’, payable at Chennai. The fee prescribed for SC/ST/Differently Abled Person is Rs.250/-. The University Website address: www.unom.ac.in. The last date for submission of filled in application form: 16.03.2015. SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: A candidate should have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised University, under 10+ 2 + 3 system. The period of time taken by the candidates to acquire M.Phil. and/or Ph.D. shall not be considered as teaching / research experience to be claimed for appointment to the teaching positions. Number of posts advertised may increase/decrease depending upon the vacancies available at the time of interview. Applications must be accompanied by copies of certificates regarding educational qualifications, prescribed experience and age, failing which it will be treated as incomplete and liable to be summarily rejected. The candidates should possess the required educational qualification, age and experience as on the date of this notification. Candidates should invariably fill in the information regarding court cases pending, criminal cases, disciplinary actions or equivalent etc. in the relevant column of the application form. Any changes in this information as and when occurred after the submission of application form till the completion of recruitment process should be brought to the notice of the University by the candidate, failing which the University reserves the right to cancel the candidature and to debar him/her from all selections.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 16/03/2015
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From University of Madras|
|Other Teaching/Research jobs|
|Other State Government jobs|
24-02-2017 , 25-02-2017