University of Punjab invites application for the recruitment of Associate Professor with Ph.D educational background
Company name : University of Punjab
Posts : Associate Professor
Qualification : Ph.D
Salary : Rs.36,000-68,900/-pm
No of Post : NA
Location : Punjab
Last date to apply : 26.12.2014
Details of Post :
Applications are invited from Pakistani nationals for the following posts for appointment under BASIC SCALES (BS)/ TENURE TRACK SYSTEM (TTS):- Posts under BS / Tenure Track System
|Mass Communication||Institute of Communication Studies|
|Marketing & Management||Institute of Business & Information Technology|
|Geology||Institute of Geology|
|Polymer Engineering||Department of Polymer Engineering & Technology|
|Electrical Engineering||Department of Electrical Engineering|
|Information Technology||Punjab University College of Information Technology|
- Qualification : PhD Degree/ Terminal Qualification in the relevant field (from an HEC recognized Institution).
- Experience: 6-years Post-PhD or minimum of 4-years of post-PhD experience along with at least 6 years of experience prior to the PhD. (The experience to be counted is to be of teaching/research in a recognized University or a post-graduate Institution or professional experience in the relevant field in a National or International Organization)
- Publications: 10 research publications (with at least 4 publications in the past 5 years) in Journals recognized for the purpose of appointment on Tenure Track by the Higher Education Commission, i.e. research papers published in Journals that fall under the category W, X and Y for Social Sciences while for Science disciplines papers published in only W category (Impact Factor) Journals.
- Ph.D. degree holder will not be considered for Assistant Professor under BS system, whereas in-service Punjab University Ph.D. teachers may apply on BS.
- All rules in letter & spirit of TTS version 2.0 & BS are applicable.
- The candidates applying for the posts of Professor/Associate Professor Under BS/TTS should submit six copies of applications alongwith six complete sets of testimonials/ research work/publications/ photograph (1×1)/ certificate of any distinction etc., on the relevant prescribed form .
- The candidates applying for the posts of Assistant Professor/ Lecturer Under BS/ TTS are required to submit one copy of application on the relevant prescribed form alongwith attested copies of degrees/certificates/testimonials/ photograph (1×1) / certificate of any distinction etc.
- Candidates applying for the posts of Professor/Associate Professor under BS/TTS are required to submit a crossed postal order/ bank draft of Rs.3000/ -. The candidates applying for the posts of Assistant Professor/Lecturer u nder BS/TTS are however, required to submit a crossed postal order/ bank draft of Rs.1500/-. The postal order/bank draft should be drawn in favour of the Treasurer, University of the Punjab, Lahore.
- Both types of prescribed applications forms are obtainable from the Book Shop, University of the Punjab, Allama Iqbal Campus (Old Campus) Lahore/ University Information Centre, Quaid-e-Azam Campus (New Campus) Lahore on payment of Rs. 25/- each and also available at the University website www.pu.edu.pk/ page/ downloads.
- Candidates applying under both systems should submit separate applications along with complete documents together with required postal order/bank draft for each application.
- Candidates already in service should apply through proper channel by due date and submit service certificates issued by their present and former employers, otherwise, their applications will not be entertained. Incomplete applications (in any case) or those received after due date shall also not be entertained.
- The candidates should attach a separate list of attached documents with signature.
- The candidates should mention the date of Notification/Result and time period of the degree in the relevant column of prescribed form.
- In case of Assistant Professor/Lecturer only short listed candidates will be called for interview.
- The University reserves the rights not to fill/withdraw any post/withhold the appointment against any advertised post without assigning any reason.
How to apply:
The applications (complete in all respect) should reach in the office of the Registrar (Human Resource Branch, Admin Block, Room No.21) , University of the Punjab (Quaid-i-Azam Campus), Lahore. Last date for submission of applications is: Associate Professors …………………………………….. 26.12.2014 Upto 04:00 P.M.
Important Dates to Remember:
Last date to apply: 26.12.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From UOP|
12-12-2016 , 13-12-2016