Uttarakhand Disaster Recovery Initiative (UDRI) invites application for the recruitment of Procurement Manager/Consultant/Officer with Any Graduate/Post Graduate holders
Company name :Uttarakhand Disaster Recovery Initiative (UDRI)
Posts :Procurement Manager/Consultant/Officer
Qualification : Any Graduate/Post Graduate
Salary : NA
No of Post : 03
Last date to apply : 16/9/2014
Details of Post :
- Job Title: Procurement Manager/Consultant/Officer
- Location: Dehradun, Uttarakhand with frequent travel to project cities and other places as per the project’s requirements
- Contract term: One year with possibility for extension
- Start date: Immediately
- Responsible to: Program Director PMU / Program Manager PIUs (ADB assisted UEAP)
- Responsible for: Support procurement of services, goods and works for ensuring effective implementation of the ADB assisted disaster recovery project
Background : In June 2013, the north Indian state of Uttarakhand and adjoining regions experienced heavy rainfall due to a cloud burst causing devastating landslides and flash floods. The rainfall during the period of June 15 – 18 recorded to be 375 % above the normal rainfall resulted in a total human live loss of 580 as reported by the State Govt. of Uttarakhand (GoU) with more than 5400 still reported as missing. The region is amongst the country’s most important pilgrimage centers and the disaster occurred during the peak pilgrimage season leaving over 70,000 tourists and over 100,000 locals stranded in the upper reaches of the mountain terrain. As per the preliminary assessment report by the GoU and UN, total local population affected is recorded as 110,000, 4200 villages affected, 9200 cattle / livestock lost, 3320 houses fully damaged. The Government of Uttarakhand was extremely proactive in relief operations in the immediate aftermath of the flood and also received support from GoI for this. The project will support the recovery of communities from the flood event in the priority affected districts of Uttarakhand.
Purpose of the Job: The Procurement Manager/Consultant/Officer will be the part of the ADB assisted Uttarakhand emergency Assistance Project. His/Her primary role will be to ensure effective and efficient implementation and management of procurement processes. He/She will be developing and implementing procurement plans and will work to ensure its implementation with required transparency and accountability. He/She will also ensure that internal control mechanisms are properly implemented.
- Development of Procurement Plan (PP) or plans
- Developing and maintaining during project implementation, a comprehensive procurement filing system consisting of physical and electronic files and logs by contract.
- As soon as it is available, submitting to the Client all procurement information for dissemination through the Client’s project website, including, summary procurement plans, procurement notices, bid evaluation reports, details on contract awards
- Draft and arrange the publication of Specific Procurement Notices (SPN) in accordance with Bank Guidelines and specific requirements of the Loan Agreement.
- Drafting and issuing specific bidding documents (BD) and Request for Proposals (RFP) on the basis of the Bank’s SBD and SRFP, and the Borrower’s standard documents for National Competitive Bidding (NCB) and shopping acceptable to the Bank.
- Receiving, securing and opening bids and proposals immediately after the deadline for submission has passed in accordance with the procedures and recording requirements of the BD and RFP.
- During the bidding period, the Procurement Manager/Consultant/Officer shall respond to questions from bidders and issue amendments to the procurement documents in accordance with relevant clauses of the BD and RFP.
- Evaluating bids/proposals and making contract award recommendations to the Client in accordance with the respective clauses and confidentiality required of the BD or RFP.
- Drafting and processing each contract for signature on the basis of any contract finalization proceedings for goods and works or negotiated consultant proposal.
- Supervising contracts for the supply of goods and equipment in accordance with the respective contract including the processing of payments and letters of credit, physical inspection and testing, receipt and transfer of the goods to the Client and closing of respective contracts.
- Ensure compliance with the ADB safeguards/guidelines.
- Draft periodic reports of the progress as required
- Perform other duties as required by the PMU/PIU
- Qualifications: As defined in the advertisement against the post.
- Experience : As mentioned in the advertisement against the post.
- Experience on bidding and procurement procedures, preferably ADB procedures, safeguards and guidelines.
- Have good IT skills in particular MS word, Explorer and MS projects
- Ability to perform broad range of specialized activities related to contract, asset and procurement management
- Proficiency /experience/familiarity with the ADB safeguards/guidelines
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 16/9/2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From UDRP||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|
07-12-2016 , 08-12-2016