Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT University) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Junior Research Fellow through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed B.Tech, M.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT University).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Junior Research Fellow Job on or before 17th Sept, 2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT University)
Vacancy Name : Junior Research Fellow
Educational Qualification : B.E/B.Tech, M.Sc
Total No of Vacancy : 01 Post
Salary : Rs.25,000/- p.m
Job Location : Vellore
Last Date to Apply for this job : 17th Sept, 2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : Administrative Officer , VIT University, Katpadi Vellore,632014
Detail of Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT University) Junior Research Fellow Recruitment:
- Project Title: “Spaceborne Microwave Imaging Techniques for glacier dynamics and snow cover studies in Himalayan region”
- Description: A DST-SERB funded research project has been sancti oned for three years. Synthetic aperture radar (SAR) signal and image processing techniques have to be explored for ground movement estimation. SAR polarimetry to be used to study the snow cover in the Himalayan region during the project tenure (2015-2017)
- Qualification: B.Tech/MSc Electronics and M.Tech in Communication Engineering/ or B.Tech Communication Engineering and M.Tech in Remote sensing with specialisation in Microwave Remote Sensing
- Number of Position: One
- Principal Investigator: Dr. Vijay Kumar, School of Electronics Engineering, VIT University, Vellore, 632014, Tamil Nadu.
- Duration: 36 Months
- Essential Criteria: Knowledge of Radar Signal Processing SAR interferometry and Polarimetry Good verbal and written communication skills in English. Immediate joining is required if selected.
- Desirable Criteria: Past or valid GATE ; CSIR-NET(LS) Knowledge of Satellite Image Processing using ENVI/IDL Knowledge of SAR data processing software PolSARPro and Gamma Programming in IDL/C++/Matlab Knowledge of RF and microwave devices and its designing Should be physically fit to trek in Himalayas
- Fellowship: Rs. 25,000 per month + 10% HRA.
Selection Procedure for Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT University) – Junior Research Fellow Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 17th Sept, 2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Junior Research Fellow Vacancy in Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT University) :
Interested candidates can send their CV with a covering letter stating their research interests, copies of qualifications, experience letter and latest passport size photo, on or before 17th Sept. , 2015 to the Administrative Officer , VIT University, Katpadi Vellore,632014, Tamil Nadu by post with a superscript on the envelope “Junior Research Fellow – DST -SERB/ Dr. Vijay Kumar Project” or email with necessary attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with a subject line of JRF- DST –SERB
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 17th Sept, 2015