Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT University) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Dean (SITE) through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT University)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Dean (SITE) Job on or before 03.03.2015 . Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT University)|
|Vacancy Name||Dean (SITE)|
|Total No of Vacancy||NA|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||03.03.2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||VIT University, Vellore.|
Detail of Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT University) Dean (SITE) Recruitment:
- Title: Dean, SITE
- School: School of Information Technology & Engineering
- Job summary: The Dean of Computer Science will provide strategic direction, academic planning leadership and administrative oversight to achieve the highest standards in computer science education and research. The Dean is responsible for the overall operation of the respective School. As such, they are Academic Administrators of major importance to the University and report directly to the Vice Chancellor / Pro Vice Chancellor for Academic affairs. The Dean has both the authority and responsibility for planning, budgeting, scheduling, personnel matters, curriculum, instruction, development and other Academic matters.
- Personal Characteristics: Academic accomplishment: Academic credentials and accomplishments in an academic discipline that is offered in the College that earn the respect of the University community, and that are appropriate for tenure at the rank of full professor.
- Leadership ability : The ability to provide both visionary and creative leadership; to build bridges among the faculty and serve as a problem solver; to develop partnerships with the other deans; and to be an effective University citizen and senior leader, working in close partnership with the Provost.
- Management skills: The ability to work effectively with Program / Division chairs and the staff of the Dean’s Office; the ability to cultivate a climate of stability, intellectual excitement, Accountability, general responsiveness and respect, and openness to the suggestions of others; and the initiative, patience and fortitude to carry out the many responsibilities of the Office including planning, resource allocation, tone setting, supervision, and faculty personnel decisions.
- Supports faculty: Successfully supports faculty initiatives and assertively advocates for the College; recognizes accomplishments of faculty members and empowers individuals to progress in their career; contributes to a positive work environment; and displays a commitment to AAUP principles.
- Commitment to undergraduate and graduate education: Commitment to undergraduate and graduate programs and issues, as well as issues for both traditional and nontraditional students; the capacity to build the College’s quality and offerings; and a commitment to support global education initiatives.
- Development of the leadership of others: The capacity to identify and nurture leadership potential and to develop the skills of faculty as they progress in their careers as department chairs, deans, and other key personnel.
- Grasp of a wide range of disciplines, interdisciplinary areas, and opportunities: The ability to provide leadership and fair minded support for all the areas within school and provide a breadth of intellectual interest and familiarity with the issues that engage different disciplines and populations served by the University.
- Duties Associated With the Respective School: Develops, articulates, and presents the vision for the School. Translates this vision into strategic goals by developing a unit assessment plan related to the Universities Mission and Strategic planning objectives. Works collegially with conveners and School Faculty to ensure collaboration and successful implementation of School’s mission. Prepares reports, plans, and analyses to document and advance School activities, initiatives and development. Actively represents the School and the University to the students, parents, professional organizations, articulation partners, business and industry and other relevant constituencies. Provides curricular leadership in relation to university wide goals by initiating, sustaining, delivering, or eliminating academic programs and school core curricula in accordance with strategic planning goals. Supervises conveners in the construction of timely class schedules based on student needs and institutional resources including advisement and registration. Develops new curriculum and reviews and revises existing curriculum with conveners and School Faculty, considering student needs and available resources; supervises program reviews; ensures successful accreditation; and facilitates activities at the unit level to seamlessly integrate unit goals with all-college goals. Ensures documented unit, program, and course assessment through development of learning objectives, appropriate strategies, and feedback to ensure academic excellence and integrity of programs. Supervises the administration of and ensures the academic quality of Study Exchange programmes and other special programs, facilities, centers, or institutes assigned to the school. Supervises the operation of any labs or computer facilities in the school. Responsible for all fiscal matters at School level. Plans for, requests, and disburses operational, travel, and other funds legally, responsibly, and fairly within given budget limitations. Participates in University-wide strategic planning activities, especially as related to academic matters. Develops/reviews academic policies and may recommend on all-University policies and procedures. Actively participates in Dean Council meetings, initiatives, and activities. Collaborates with Faculty Assembly and its leadership on University-wide academic issues. Collaborates with Student Affairs, Institutional Advancement, and Administration and Finance Divisions and their various offices for School-alignment with all-University goals and activities. Requirements
- Education A Ph.d Degree in Information Technology with minimum of ten years experience at the equivalent of the Professor or Sr. Professor level in an environment combining academic instruction and administration. Experience/Skills/Abilities The University seeks candidates with prior academic leadership experience and a record of commitment to a culture of successful research, excellent teaching, and institutional service. It is expected that the new Dean will possess outstanding leadership qualities and appropriate administrative experience with successful career progression. The Dean will demonstrate exemplary interpersonal and communication skills; fairness in decision making; a thorough commitment to and understanding of liberal arts education; the ability to formulate and enact a strategic plan and vision for the University’s continued development and the personal qualities of integrity, trust, and transparency.
Selection Procedure for Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT University)- Dean (SITE) Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 03.03.2015
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Dean (SITE) Vacancy in Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT University):
Kindly send your detailed resume on or before 03.03.2015, indicating the position in the subject line to email@example.com
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 03.03.2015
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From VIT University|
|Other Teaching/Research jobs|