Vijaya Bank invites online application for the recruitment of Security Officer for Degree holders
Company name :Vijaya Bank
Posts :Security Officer
Qualification : Degree
Salary : Rs.19400-28100/- p.m
No of Post : 15
Location : Bangalore
Last date to apply : 03/10/2014
Details of Post :
Vijaya Bank, a strong and fast growing Public Sector Bank, with its Head Office at Bangalore, having a network of more than 1520 branches plus offices all over India, with total employee strength of more than 13600, was founded on 23.10.1931.
The Bank is a pioneer in introducing new & innovative trend setting products, tailor made to the diverse needs of varied clientele. The Bank completed its platinumjubilee in the year 2006. The total business crossed Rs.2.00 lakh crore as at March 2014, in congruence with the Bank’s Mission. “To emerge as a prime national bank backed by modern technology, meeting customer‘s aspirations with professional banking services and sustained growth contributing to national development.”
The Bank invites applications (On-Line only) for recruitment for the post of Probationary Manager — Security in MMG Scale-ll only through Ban k’s website www.vijayabank.com. Subsequently, the print-out of the on-line registered application and relevant documents has to be sent to the address as mentioned in point no (1 3) under procedure for applying online. No other means! mode of application and print out will be accepted.
- Name of the Post :Security Officer
- No of Post : 15
- Age : 21-45 years
- Remuneration :Rs.19400-28100/- p.m
- Eligibility Criteria: Nationality/Citizenship Acandidate must be either (i) a citizen of India or (ii) a subject of Nepal or (iii) a subject of Bhutan or (iv) a leetian refugee who came over to India before 01 .01 .1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, eastAfrican countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Mallawi, Zaha, Ethiopia and Vietnam, with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that the candidates belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above, should be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India. Acandidate in whose case a notification of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the interview conducted by the Bank but on final selection, the offer of appointment may be given, only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.
- Qualification : Pass in any Degree from a recognised University.
- Experience : Candidates with 5 years commissioned service in the Army/Navy/Airforce or a Police Officer not below the rank of Asst. Superintendent of Police/Dy. Superintendent of Police with 5 years of service/officer of identical rank in Paramilitary forces with 5 years’ service.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: Selection will be made on the basis of interview. However, Bank reserves the right to conduct Group Discussion or Online Test in addition to interview. Merely satisfying the eligibility norms do not entitle a candidate to be called for Interview/Group Discussion or Online Test. The Bank reserves the right to call only the requisite number of candidates forthe Interview/Group Discussion or Online Test after preliminary screening/shortlisting with reference to candidates‘ qualification, experience, profile vis-a-visjob requirements, etc.
APPLICATION FEEAND INTIMATION CHARGES (Non-refundable):
- For SC/ST— Rs.50/- (towards intimation charges only)
- For all others including OBC – Rs. 300/- for application including intimation charges charges of Rs. 50/
General Instructions :
- Qualifications/Experience : The qualification/experience prescribed are the minimum. Candidates possessing higher qualifications suitable for the post will be given preference, both at the time of short-listing and Interview/Group Discussion/Online Test. Candidates must possess the qualification as on 01.08.2014. Probation Period & Indemnity Bond : Probation period is two years.
- However, the Bank may reduce the period of probation at the time of or after appointment. The selected candidates are required to serve the Bank for a minimum prescribed period of 3 years from the date ofjoining the bank and are also required to execute an indemnity bond of Rs.3.00 Lakh (Rupees Three Lakhs only) at the time ofjoining the Bank indemnifying that they will pay an amount of Rs.3.00 lakh to the Bank, if they leave the service before completion of the stipulated period of 3 years.
- The Bank takes no responsibility for any delay in receipt or loss in postal transit of any application orcommunication.
- As the applications are to be processed by a computerized system, it is essential that the application is strictly in accordance with the prescribed format and properly and completely filled and contains no corrections/alterations/ovenNriting in the printout of the application sent to the Bank. ST :ScheduledTribe UR :Un-Reserved
- Before applying for the post, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility and other norms mentioned in this advertisement. Decision of Bank in all matters regarding eligibility of the candidate, the stages at which such scrutiny of eligibility is to be undertaken, the documents to be produced for the purpose of the conduct of Interview/Group Discussion/Online Test, selection and any other matter relating to recruitment will be final and binding on the candidate. The Bank in this behalf, shall entertain no correspondence or personal enquiries.
- In case, it is detected at any stage of recruitment that a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility norms and/or that he/she has furnished incorrect/false information or has suppressed any material fact(s), his/her candidature will stand cancelled. If any of these shortcomings is/are detected, even after appointment, his/her services are liable to be terminated.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC should send an attested copy of their Caste/Category Certificate issued by the Competent Authority as specified below (Sl.No.8). However, these candidates will have to produce original caste certificates! relevant certificates at the time of Interview/Group Discussion/Online Test, failing which, his/her candidature will be cancelled.
- Candidates belonging to OBCs but coming in the ‘CREAMY LAYER’ are not entitled to CEO reservation. They should indicate their category as ‘UR’. OBC certificates in the format as prescribed by the Government of India and issued by the CompetentAuthority inter-alia, specifically stating that the candidate does not belong to the socially advanced sections, excluded from the benefits of reservation for 050s in civil posts and services under Government of India, i.e., carrying CREAMY LAYER clause, based on income, issued recently (not more than one yearold) should be submitted with the application.
- A printout of application not accompanied by copies of relevant certificates where necessary or requisite fee payment(e-receipt) or not in prescribed format or not signed by the candidate or incomplete in any respect, will not be entertained.
- Arecent recognizable passportsize photograph should be firmly pasted on the printout of application and should be signed across by the candidate. Three copies of the same photograph should be retained for use at the time of Interview/Group Discussion/Online Test. Candidates are advised not to change their appearance till the recruitment process is complete. Failure to produce the same photograph at the time of Interview/Group Discussion/Online Test may lead to disqualification.
- The shortlisted candidates will have to appear for Interview/Group Discussion/Online Test at their own expense. However, eligible outstation SC/ST candidates attending the Interview/Group Discussion/Online Test will be reimbursed to and fro Second Class rail/bus fare by the shortest route on production of evidence of travel. Fare will not be reimbursed to candidates belonging to other categories appearing for Interview/Group Discussion/Online Test and those SC/ST candidates who are already employed with the Government of India, PSUs / PSle State Governmentsjobs.
- Candidates serving in Govemmenthublic Sector Undertakings (including banks) should send the printout of applications through proper channel and produce a ‘No Objection Certificate‘ from their employer at the time of Interview/Group Discussion/Online Test, in the absence of which their candidature may not be considered. Advance copy of the application along with the fee payment (e-receipt) may be sent to the addressee within the stipulated time.
- Only candidates willing to serve anywhere in India should apply.
- Any request for change of address will not be entertained.
- Any resultant dispute arising out of this advertisement shall be subject to the sole
- jurisdiction of the Courts situated in Bangalore.
- The Bank takes no responsibility to connect any certificate/remittance sent separately.
- In case any dispute arises on account of interpretation in version other than English, English version will prevail.
- Appointment of selected candidates is subject to his/her being declared medically fit as per the requirement of the Bank. Such appointment will also be subject to the Service and Conduct Rules ofthe Bank.
- Banking is a versatile activity, which needs all round grooming of the selected candidates. Accordingly, the specialist officers, recruited/selected in the Bank will be required to acquire overall knowledge of various facets of banking forwhich the Bank will provide necessary on-the-job/theoretical training at its Branches/Offices including in Staff Training College, so as to enable candidates recruited for the specialist functions also to perform/undertake all type of banking activities.
- Action against candidates found guilty of misconduct:
- Candidates are advised in their own interest that they should not furnish any particulars that are false, tampered, fabricated or should not suppress any material information while filling up the application form. At the time of Interview/Group Discussion/Online Test, if a candidate is (or has been) found guilty of: (i) using unfair means or (ii) impersonating or procuring impersonation by any person or (iii) misbehaving in the Interview/Group Discussion/Online Test hall or (iv) resorting to any irregular or improper means in connection with
- his/her candidature by selection or (v) obtaining support for his/her candidature by any means such a candidate, in addition to rendering himself/herself liable to criminal prosecution, shall be liable : (a) to be disqualified from the Interview/Group Discussion/Online Test for which he/she is a candidate; (b) to be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any examination or recruitment conducted by Bank.
- Persons who have taken voluntary retirement under the Special Scheme introduced
HOWTOAPPLY:The candidates can apply only online from 10.09.2014 to 03.10.2014 (both days inclusive) and no other mode of application will be accepted. Pre-Requisite for applying online:
Before applying online, candidates should:
- Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both conform to the required specification given in Annexure-l, which is provided with the notification available on Bank’swebsite.
- LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OFAPPLICATIONS:
- The applications should reach at the given address and Post Box number ON OR BEFORE 17.10.2014. For the candidates staying abroad and for those posting application from Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Minicoy islands, Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh division of State, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi sub-division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, the last date for receipt of application will be 24.10.2014. An application received after the last date will not be entertained by Bank, underany circumstances.
- The Bank will not be responsible for loss of application in transit or for rejection of application because of non-receipt of application on or before the stipulated date.
- CALL LE’I’I’ERS FOR INTERVIEW/GROUP DISCUSSION/ONLINE TEST: Short listed candidates will be able to download the call letters from the Bank website/ will receive call letters by post at the correspondence address given by the candidate in their Print-out of online application by ordinary post and requests for sending letters to a different address subsequentlywill not be entertained.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS: All further announcements/details pertaining to this Recruitment Project will be published / provided in our Bank’s website (www.vijayabank.com) from time to time. All the applicants are advised to visit the Bank’s website at regular intervals, for all further announcements I details.CANVASSING IN ANY FORM WILL BE A DISQUALIFICATION.
Important dates to remember :
- Opening date for On-Line Registration 10.09.2014
- Closing date for On-Line Registration: (For All Applicants, including those from Far Flung Areas) 03.10.2014
- Last date for receipt of “print out of the Computer Generated On-Line Application” 17.10.2014
- Last date for Receipt of “Print out of the Computer Generated On-Line Application (from Far Flung Areas)“ 24.10.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From Vijaya Bank||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|
29-10-2016 , 30-10-2016