Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT) invites application for the recruitment of Junior Research Fellow with B.Arch. / B.E. (Civil Engineering) / B.Tech. (Civil Engineering) / B.Tech.(Plan)/ B.Plan holders
Company name :Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT)
Posts :Junior Research Fellow
Qualification : B.Arch. / B.E. (Civil Engineering) / B.Tech. (Civil Engineering) / B.Tech.(Plan)/ B.Plan
Salary : Rs.18000-20,000/- p.m
No of Post : 01
Last date to apply :07/11/2014
Details of Post :
Junior Research Fellow:
Applications are invited in prescribed form for the post of JRF to work on a Science & Engineering Research Board, New Delhi (SERB) funded research project. The duration of the project is 3 years. The details are as given below:
- Title of the Research Project: “Evolving strategies for mitigating urban heat island in Nagpur using ‘Local Climate Zones’ and Human Thermal Stress”.
- Name of the position available: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
- Number of positions available: One
- Age limit: Max.30 years as on 7th November 2014 Duration: About 3 years
- Qualification: B.Arch. / B.E. (Civil Engineering) / B.Tech. (Civil Engineering) / B.Tech.(Plan)/ B.Plan. with Master in Urban Planning / City Planning / Urban and Regional Planning / Town and Country Planning / Urban Design / Environmental Planning / Infrastructure Planning / Housing / Sustainable Habitat / Energy Efficiency / Other Masters in relevant field with minimum 60 % marks or 6.5 CGPA at both the levels. Proficiency in English (reading and writing), Knowledge of statistics and GIS is desirable. (Preferably qualified in GATE).
- Salary: Rs. 18000 per month + HRA as per rule (first two years); Rs. 20000 per month + HRA as per rule (after two years)
- Candidate selected for this position can also apply for the regular PhD program provided they satisfy the eligibility criterion for PhD program in Department of Architecture and Planning, VNIT-Nagpur.
General Term and Condition: The position is temporary and renewable each year subject to satisfactory performance for a maximum of three years. The position is coterminous with the project. The post is purely temporary in nature. Initial Contract shall only be for 1 year. Based on the progress it will be extended for more one or two years.
How to apply:
Completely filled, duly signed application form must be submitted as per the template provided below via email/ by post (with testimonials) to the address as mentioned below, latest by 7th November, 2014. Original documents of photo ID / age proof / certificates / degrees / mark sheets/ Gate result and other testimonials must be presented at the time of interview. List of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on the institute website and department notice board. The candidate will have to attend the Interview at his/ her own cost. Mere, possessing the prescribed qualification does not ensure that the candidate would be called for interview. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview. Director’s decision in this matter will be final and binding on the candidate. Candidates who have already submitted their application need not apply again.
Address: Dr. Rajashree Kotharkar, Associate Professor & Principal Investigator Dept. of Architecture and Planning, Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, South Ambazari Road, Nagpur-440010 (Maharashtra) Email id: [email protected], Contact No. +91 9822719413
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply :07.11.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From VNIT|
24-02-2017 , 25-02-2017