Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG) invites application for the recruitment of Scientist F, Scientist C with Ph.D Degree educational background
Company name : Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG)
Posts : Scientist F, Scientist C & Scientist B
Qualification : Ph.D Degree
Salary : Rs.15,600 – Rs.67,000/- p.m
No of Openings : 04
Location : DehraDun
Last date to apply : 29.09.2014
Details of Post :
National Geotechnical Facility (NGF) has been developed by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt of India, and is presently under the administrative control of the Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG), Dehra Dun, a premier research Institute in the field of Earth System Sciences. NGF proposes to carry out research and consultancy services in all the fields of geotechnical engineering, rock and soil mechanics, and engineering geology.
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals on the prescribed application form giving full details and self-attested certificates of educational qualifications and experience for the following positions as per details given below
Scientist F, Scientist C & Scientist B:
SCIENTIST – F (01) (Unreserved)
- Pay Band: PB-4: Rs 37,400 – 67,000/- Plus Grade Pay of Rs 8,900/- plus admissible allowances
- Age Limit: Not exceeding 50 years on the date of advertisement.
- Essential Qualifications: Ph.D. with specialization in Geotechnical Engineering or allied fields with first class or equivalent (in terms of grade etc.) at the preceding degree, with specialization in Geotechnical Engineering/ Rock Mechanics/ Soil Mechanics.
- Desirable Experience: (1) Knowledge in Soil and Rock Engineering, Foundation Engineering, Slope stability / landslide mitigation, Tunneling, Disaster Management.(2) Proven capability of research guidance / consultancy (3) Publication in International journals of repute (4) Ability to guide NGF in all its R&D activities as per the vision of the NGF
- Experience (A)In case of direct recruitment a. At least 12 years of experience in research and development in academic institutions and or Science and Technology organizations, out of which five years experience should be in the specific area of research b. Experience in planning, administration and development of R&D organization (B) In case of recruitment by deputation a. Scientists / Technologists working in the Central /State Government / Universities / Recognized Research Institutions / Semi-Government, Statutory or Autonomous Organisations:- (i) Holding analogous post: or (ii) With three years service in the posts in PB-4; Rs 37400- 67000+Grade Pay : Rs 8700/- or equivalent; or (iii) With five years service in the post in PB-3; Rs 15600- 39100+Grade Pay: Rs 7600/- or equivalent
SCIENTIST- C (02) (Unreserved)
- Pay Band: PB-3: Rs 15,600 – 39,100/- Plus Grade Pay of Rs 6,600/- plus admissible allowances
- Age Limit: Not exceeding 40 years on the date of advertisement.
- Essential Qualifications: Ph.D. with specialization in Geotechnical Engineering or allied fields with First Class or equivalent at the preceeding degree in the appropriate disclipline (with four years research experience at the post doctoral level) or M.Tech. First Class or equivalent level with four years experience (Geotechnical Engineering / Rock & Soil Mechanics / Mining Engineering /
- Desirable Experience: Knowledge of field and Laboratory testing of soils, rocks, rock masses, field monitoring & instrumentation for building foundations, embankments, landslides and tunnels.Publications in International Journals are desirable.
SCIENTIST- B (01 Position – Unreserved)
- Pay Band: PB-3: Rs 15,600 – 39,100/- Plus Grade Pay of Rs 5,400/- plusadmissible allowances
- Age Limit: Not exceeding 35 years on the closing for submission of application.
- Essential Qualifications: M.Tech. / ME First Class or equivalent level in Geotechnical Engineering / Rock & Soil Mechanics / Mining Engineering / or B.Tech. (Civil / Mining Engineering) /) with first class or equivalent with two years experience
- Desirable Experience: Knowledge in the field and laboratory testing of soils, rocks, rock masses, field monitoring, instrumentation for landslides, tunnels.
How to apply:
The Prescribed Application Proforma for all the above posts is available on our Website www.wihg.res.in. Interested candidates can download the Application Performa from our Website and submit their applications only on the prescribed Proforma along with self-attested photocopies of certificates and marksheets, in support of educational qualification to The Project Director, National Geotechnical Facility, 11-C Circular Road, Poonch House, Dalanwala, Dehradun-248001 (Uttarakhand) latest by 4:00 p.m. on 29-09-2014. Applications not submitted on the prescribed format will not be considered. Applications received after the scheduled closing date or not accompanied by required certificates/documents or otherwise found incomplete or unsigned will not be considered. Late or delayed applications will also not be entertained.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 29.09.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From WIHG||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|
02-03-2017 , 03-03-2017