Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Junior Research Fellow through recruitment notification – Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG) Recruitment 2015 – NO. ADVT./231/01/ VIKAS /APRIL/2015/SERB/ESTT. Candidates who have completed B.Sc/ M.Sc/ M.Tech can apply for the new recruitment notification from Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Junior Research Fellow on or before 25/05/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG)
Vacancy Name : Junior Research Fellow
Educational Qualification : B.Sc/ M.Sc/ M.E/M.Tech
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : Rs.12,000 – Rs.25,000/-pm
Job Location : Dehradun
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 25/05/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Registrar, Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology, 33, General Mahadeo Singh Road, Dehradun – 248001
Detail Of Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG) Junior Research Fellow Recruitment:
Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology is an autonomous research organization under Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, undertaking advance level of research in all aspects of the geology and geodynamics of Himalaya. It has strong specialization in the areas of Petrology and Geochemistry, Structure and Tectonics, Sedimentology, Geomorphology, Glaciology, Magnetostratigraphy, Biostratigraphy, Quaternary Geology, Environment Geology, Seismology and Geophysics. To encourage young students/researchers to make career in emerging areas of earth sciences, the Institute also undertake sponsored projects. The Director, WIHG invites applications for the purely temporary tenured position of Junior Research Fellows (JRF) in the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB), Government of India sponsored Project titled “Exhumation History of the Karakoram Fault Zone, India using Fission Track Thermochronology” under the supervision of Dr. Vikas, Scientist ‘B’. The project tenure is likely to continue for three years.
- POSITION : JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW 01 (One)
- Remuneration :Rs. 25,000/- p.m. consolidated for NET qualified candidates and Rs. 12,000/- p.m. consolidated for non-NET qualified candidate plus admissible House Rent Allowance (HRA), which is at present @ 20%, subject to satisfactory performance. In case the performance of the selected candidate is not found to be satisfactory, the fellowship can be terminated. Sufficient supporting continent grant for field work etc. will be provided.
- Age Limit : Not exceeding 28 years as on date of advertisement.
- Essential Qualification :1st class M.Sc./M.Tech degree in Geology/Applied Geology with Physics and Mathematics in B. Sc. with consistently good academic record.
- Desirable : Experience/Training in Geochronology, Structural Geology, Numerical Modelling, ArcGIS etc.
Selection Procedure For Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG) – Junior Research Fellow Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 25/05/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy in Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG):
The prescribed application form for the above positions is available on our Website www.wihg.res.in. Interested candidates can download the application form from our Website and should submit their applications on the prescribed form only, failing which the application will be liable to be rejected. Attested photocopies in support of educational qualifications, experience etc. MUST be submitted with the application form. In case of the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category, attested copies of Caste Certificates MUST be submitted with the application forms, failing which the relaxations available will not be allowed. Candidates already working elsewhere MUST route their applications through proper channel otherwise the application will be rejected. Applications on prescribed application form along with complete enclosures MUST reach the Registrar, Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology, 33, General Mahadeo Singh Road, Dehradun –
248001 by 4.00 p.m. on or before May 25, 2015.
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 25/05/2015
Reference: Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG) Recruitment 2015 – NO. ADVT./231/01/ VIKAS /APRIL/2015/SERB/ESTT