Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Junior Research Fellow through recruitment notification – Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG) Recruitment 2015 – NO. ADV/228/A.SHUKLA /MARCH/2015/SERB/ESTT. Candidates who have completed M.Sc/ M.Tech can apply for the new recruitment notification from Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Junior Research Fellow on or before 15/04/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG)|
|Vacancy Name||Junior Research Fellow|
|Educational Qualification||M.Sc/ M.E/M.Tech|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Posts|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||15/04/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Registrar, Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology, 33, General Mahadeo Singh Road, Dehradun – 248001|
Detail of Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG) Junior Research Fellow Recruitment:
Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology is an autonomous research organization under Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, undertaking advance level of research in all aspects of the geology and geodynamics of Himalaya. It has strong specialization in the areas of Petrology and Geochemistry, Structure and Tectonics, Sedimentology, Geomorphology, Glaciology, Magnetostratigraphy, Biostratigraphy, Quaternary Geology, Environment Geology, Seismology and Geophysics. The Institute also houses modern analytical laboratories. To encourage young students/ researchers to make career in earth sciences, the Institute has doctoral program and offers Research Associateships to fresh Ph.D. To promote research in emerging areas of earth sciences, the Institute also undertakes sponsored projects. Director, WIHG invites applications for the purely temporary tenured position in the undermentioned sponsored Project:-
- PROJECT : SERB sponsored project entitled “Facies mapping of Gangotri glacier using AWiFS data: A Super-resolution approach” under the supervision of Dr. (Ms.) Aparna Shukla, Scientist „C‟
- POSITION : 01
- Remuneration : Rs 25,000/- p.m. consolidated for NET qualified candidates and Rs 12,000/- p.m. consolidated for nonNET qualified candidate plus admissible House Rent Allowance (HRA), which is at present @ 20%, subject to satisfactory performance. In case the performance of the selected candidate is not found to be satisfactory, the fellowship can be terminated. Sufficient supporting continent grant for field work etc. will be provided
- Age Limit : Not exceeding 28 years as on date of advertisement.
- Essential Qualification :1 st class M.Sc./M.Tech. Degree in Geology/Applied Geology/Geoinformaties with consistently good academic record and working knowledge of image processing concepts and software.
- Desirable : Experience in glaciology
Selection Procedure for Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG) – Junior Research Fellow Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 15/04/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How to apply for Junior Research Fellow Vacancy in Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG):
The prescribed application form for the above positions is available on our Website www.wihg.res.in. Interested candidates can download the application form from our Website and should submit their applications on the prescribed form only, failing which the application will be liable to be rejected. Attested photocopies in support of educational qualifications, experience etc. MUST be submitted with the Application form. In case of the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category, attested copies of Caste Certificates MUST be submitted with the application forms, failing which the relaxations available will not be allowed. Candidates already working elsewhere MUST route their applications through proper channel otherwise the application will be rejected. Applications on prescribed application form along with complete enclosures MUST reach the Registrar, Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology, 33, General Mahadeo Singh Road, Dehradun – 248001 by 4.00 p.m on or before April 15, 2015.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 15/04/2015
Reference: Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG) Recruitment 2015 – NO. ADV/228/A.SHUKLA /MARCH/2015/SERB/ESTT
28-02-2017 , 01-03-2017