Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Junior Research Fellow through recruitment notification – Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG) Recruitment 2015 – No. Advt./231/01/ Vikas /Sept/2015/SERB/Estt. . Candidates who have completed M.Sc./M.Tech can apply for the new recruitment notification from Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Junior Research Fellow on or before 06/10/2015. Find More information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG)
Vacancy Name :Junior Research Fellow
Educational Qualification : M.Sc./M.E/M.Tech
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : Rs – 12,000 – 25,000/- Pm
Job Location : Dehra dun
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 06/10/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG), 33, General Mahadeo Singh Road, Dehra dun – 248001
Detail Of Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG) Junior Research Fellow Recruitment:
Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology is an autonomous research organization under Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, undertaking advance level of research in all aspects of the geology and geodynamics of Himalaya. It has strong specialization in the areas of Petrology and Geochemistry, Structure and Tectonics, Sedimentology, Geomorphology, Glaciology, Magnetostratigraphy, Biostratigraphy, Quaternary Geology, Environment Geology, Seismology and Geophysics. To encourage young students/researchers to make career in emerging areas of earth sciences, the Institute also undertake sponsored projects. Institute invites applications for the purely temporary tenured position of Junior Research Fellows (JRF) in the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB), Government of India sponsored Project titled “Exhumation History of the Karakoram Fault Zone, India using Fission Track Thermochronology” under the supervision of Dr. Vikas, Scientist ‘B’. The project tenure is likely to continue for three years.
- POSITION : JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW 01 (One)
- Remuneration :Rs. 25,000/- p.m. consolidated for NET qualified candidates and Rs. 12,000/- p.m. consolidated for non-NET qualified candidate plus admissible House Rent Allowance (HRA), which is at present @ 20%,
- subject to satisfactory performance. In case the performance of the selected candidate is not found to be satisfactory, the fellowship can be terminated. Sufficient supporting continent grant for field work etc. will be provided.
- Age Limit : Not exceeding 28 years as on date of advertisement.
- Essential Qualification :1 st class M.Sc./M.Tech degree in Geology/Applied Geology with Physics and Mathematics in B. Sc. with consistently good academic record.
- Desirable : Experience/Training in Geochronology, Structural Geology, Numerical Modelling, ArcGIS etc.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have qualified NET/GATE, UGC-CSIR combined examination. In case suitable NET/GATE, UGC-CSIR qualified candidates are not available Non-NET qualified candidate will also be considered.
Selection Procedure For Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG) – Junior Research Fellow Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 06/10/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy in Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG):
- The qualifications and experience mentioned are the minimum requirements. The Institute reserves the right to short list the candidates based on their qualifications and experience.
- The number of positions mentioned above can increase or decrease. The Institute reserves the right not to fill any position, if suitable candidates are not available. The Institute reserves the right to prepare a panel of candidates and fill the positions falling vacant or the positions in the same or other sponsored projects during the validity of the panel out of the candidates in the panel.
- Maximum 5 (five) years of age relaxation for the candidates belonging to the SC/ST category and women candidates or for physically handicapped persons and 3 (three) years age relaxation for the candidates of OBC category will also be allowed. Three years age relaxation to the Government sponsored project employees working in the Institute willalso be allowed.
- The Institute reserves the right to relax experience and age in case of exceptionally qualified and meritorious candidates. The Institute also reserves the right to relax age or qualification in case of exceptionally qualified or experienced deserving candidates.
- Incomplete applications, applications not submitted on prescribed form or applications not as per any of the conditions of this detailed advertisement notice available on the web-site of the Institute will be liable to be rejected.
- The above mentioned position is a purely temporary position co- terminus with the tenure of the relevant sponsored project. There is no possibility of regularization of the services of the concerned appointee under the relevant sponsored project. The prescribed application form for the above positions is available on our Website www.wihg.res.in. Interested candidates can download the application form from our Website and should
- submit their applications on the prescribed form only, failing which the application will be liable to be rejected. Attested photocopies in support of educational qualifications, experience etc. MUST be submitted with the application form. In case of the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category, attested copies of Caste Certificates MUST be submitted with the application forms, failing which the relaxations available will not be allowed. Candidates already working elsewhere MUST route their applications through proper channel otherwise the application will be rejected. Applications on prescribed application form along with complete enclosures MUST reach the Registrar, Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology, 33, General Mahadeo Singh Road, Dehradun – 248001 by 4.00 p.m. on or before October 6, 2015.
Important Dates To Remember:
Last Date to Apply for this job 06/10/2015
Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG) Recruitment 2015 – No. Advt./231/01/ Vikas /Sept/2015/SERB/Estt.
12-12-2016 , 13-12-2016