Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Junior Research Fellow through recruitment notification – Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG) Recruitment 2015 – NO. ADVT./227/SEPT-2015/WIHG-IIRS ./G.P./ESTT. Candidates who have completed M.Tech, M.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG).
Eligible candidates need not to apply online for this Junior Research Fellow. Walk in Interview will be held on 12/10/2015 at 09.00 A.M. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below
Company Name : Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG)
Vacancy Name : Junior Research Fellow
Educational Qualification : M.E/M.Tech, M.Sc
Total No Of Vacancy :02 Posts
Job Location :Dehradun
Walk in Date to Apply For This Job : 12/10/2015
Walk in Address For The Job Vacancy : Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG), 33, General Mahadeo Singh Road, Dehradun – 248001
Detail Of Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG) Junior Research Fellow Recruitment:
Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology is an autonomous research organization under Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, undertaking advance level of research in all aspects of the geology and geodynamics of Himalaya. It has strong specialization in the areas of Petrology and Geochemistry, Structure and Tectonics, Sedimentology, Geomorphology, Glaciology, Magnetostratigraphy, Biostratigraphy, Quaternary Geology, Environment Geology, Seismology and Geophysics. To encourage young students/ researches to make career in emerging areas of earth sciences, the Institute also undertake sponsored projects. Institutes invites applications for the following tenure positions in the WIHG- ISRO joint Project titled “Geodynamics and Seismicity Investigations in the Northwest Himalaya” coordinated by Dr. G. Philip, Scientist-G at Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology. The project tenure is likely to continue for four years.
- Post : JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW 02 (Two positions): JRFs in Geophysics: 2
- Remuneration : Rs.16,000/- p.m. consolidated (Likely to be revised) in case of NET/GATE, UGC-CSIR exam. qualified candidates and Rs.12,000/- for others, plus admissible House Rent Allowance (HRA), which is at present @ 20%.
- Age Limit : Not exceeding 28 years as on date of advertisement.
- Essential Qualification : 1 st class M.Tech, M.Sc (Tech.) or M.Sc degree in any of the following subjects: Geophysics, Applied Geophysics, Physics, Applied Physics, Space Sciences, Computational Geosciences. Those who have M.Sc must also have Physics and Mathematics at the Graduation level
- Desirable:Should have knowledge in scientific programming languages like Fortran, C, C++, Matlab etc., with good acumen in Computational Geosciences and physics.
- Date, Time and place of Walk-in-Interview: 12th October, 2015 at 09.00 a.m. at Meeting Hall of WIHG Preference will be given to candidates who have qualified NET/GATE, UGC-CSIR combined examination. In case suitable NET/GATE, UGC-CSIR qualified candidates are not available Non-NET qualified candidate will also be considered.
Selection Procedure For Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG) – Junior Research Fellow Post:
- Written Test on 12/10/2015.
- Shortlisted candidates will undertake face to face interview.
- Dates are yet to be announced for the final selection
Walkin Procedure For Junior Research Fellow vacancy in Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG):
Interested candidates are requested to bring detailed CV with passport size photograph pasted on the top right corner of the 1st page alongwith self attested copies of certificates, proof of qualification, experience and age. They Must bring the original certificates also for verification, failing which they will not be allowed to appear in the interview.
Important Dates To Remember :
Walk in date for this job : 12/10/2015
VENUE : 33, General Mahadeo Singh Road, Dehra dun – 248001
Reference: Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG) Recruitment 2015 – NO. ADVT./227/SEPT-2015/WIHG-IIRS ./G.P./ESTT