WEST BENGAL COLLEGE SERVICE COMMISSION (WBCSC) invites online application for the recruitment of State Eligibility Test (SET) for Bachelor Degree/ Master’s Degree holders
Company name :WEST BENGAL COLLEGE SERVICE COMMISSION (WBCSC)
Posts :State Eligibility Test (SET)
Qualification : Bachelor Degree/ Master’s Degree
Salary : NA
No of Post : 23
Location :WEST BENGAL
Last date to apply : 11/10/2014
Details of Post :
State Eligibility Test (SET)
Applications are invited from eligible Candidates for the eighteenth State Eligibility Test (SET) for the posts of Assistant Professors and Librarians in Universities and Colleges of West Bengal in the following Subjects: English(01), Bengali(02), Sanskrit(03), Hindi(04), Urdu(05), Commerce(06), Economics(07), History(08), Philosophy(09), Political Science(10), Education(11), Chemical Sciences(12), Geography(13), Life Sciences(14), Mathematical Sciences(15), Physical Sciences(16), Sociology(17), Psychology(18), Library & Information Science(19), Physical Education(20), Electronic Science(21), Computer Science and Applications(22) and Home Science(23)
Master’s Degree in a relevant subject with at least 55% Marks (50% Marks in respect of SC/ST/PH/VH Candidates) or an equivalent grade preceded by at least a Second Class 3-year Bachelor’s degree from an Indian University /institution recognized by UGC or an equivalent degree from a Foreign University. Candidates pursuing Post Graduate courses are also eligible to appear at SET subject to the condition that they must obtain their Post Graduate degree with 55% or 50% marks, whichever is applicable, within two years from the date of holding of the SET.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19thSeptember, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
- For Persons with Disability (Visually Challenged candidates) thirty minutes’ extra time shall be provided separately for paper-I and Paper-II. For paper-III, forty five minutes’ extra time shall be provided. They will also be provided the services of a scribe who would be a graduate in a subject other than that in which the candidate is appearing in SET. Those Persons with Disability (Physically Challenged candidates) who are not in a position to write in their own hand can also avail of these services. All such candidates who are willing and eligible to take the assistance of a scribe must make a prior request (at least three weeks before the date of SET Examination) inwriting to the Member Secretary, SET. Extra time and facility of scribe would not be provided to other Persons with Disability (Physically Challenged) candidates.
There is no upper age limit for appearing at the SET. However, for the purpose of recruitment, therelevant Government Order will be applicable.
Note: The minimum marks of 55% or 50%, as the case may be, must not involve any rounding offprocedure.
Candidates have to visit our web portal www.examinationonline.in/wbcscportal and apply online. On-line Application facility along with the necessary Information will be available from the above-mentioned portal from 18th September, 2014, 12 noon. The last date of submission of Online Application Form is 11th October, 2014, 6 PM. Candidates need not submit any hard copy of their application form, but they should retain a copy for future reference. Incomplete Application Forms are liable to be cancelled without any refund of Application Fees. It may be noted that the on-line Admit Cards will be available two weeks ahead of the date of examination.
Fees: Rs. 700/-(plus Rs. 40/- as Bank Charge) for General candidates or Rs. 350/- (plus Rs. 40/- as Bank Charge) for SC/ST/OBC/PH/VH Candidates. The Fee is to be deposited at any Branch of the United Bank of India. Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
HOW TO APPLY :
The Test will be held on Sunday 14.12.2014 and the Test Centres are likely to be at Kolkata, South 24 Pgs (Diamond Harbour), Howrah, North 24 Pgs, Krishnanagar, Burdwan, Rampurhat, Purba Medinipore, Paschim Medinipore, Baharampur, Purulia, Malda, Siliguri, and Coochbehar The Centres may be changed at the discretion of the Commission. However, the candidates are not allowed to change their option for Test Centre of their own.
- Any legal dispute pertaining to the SET shall be within the jurisdiction of High Court at Kolkata only.
- In order to avoid last minute rush, candidates are advised to apply well before the last date. WBCSC will not be responsible for network problems or any other problem of this nature.
- The candidates are requested to retain a copy of the Application Form and other documents for their own record and for future use (by the Commission) should they qualify in the examination.
- The qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor and Librarian only in the Universities/Colleges of West Bengal as per UGC Guide lines.
- For Mathematical Sciences, candidates having Master’s degree in Pure and Applied Mathematics or Statistics are eligible. (ii) For Life Sciences, candidates having Master’s Degree in Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Bio-Chemistry, Biotechnology, Physiology and other related subjects are eligible. (iii) For Library Science, candidates having M.Lib./M.LIS. Degree are eligible. (iv) For Physical Education, candidates having B.P.Ed. and M.P.Ed. are eligible.
- Before submitting the application, candidates are advised to satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions laid down for appearing at the SET to avoid rejection of theirapplication. WBCSC as the right to cancel any application of a Candidate whenever it is detected that he has failed to fulfill the eligibility criteria or the application procedure.
- The ADMIT CARD generated on-line with photograph will be Provisional.
- There will be no negative marking for any paper.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 11/10/2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From WBCSC||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|
29-10-2016 , 30-10-2016