West Bengal Police has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Constables through recruitment notification . Candidates who have completed 12 th can apply for the new recruitment notification from West Bengal Police.
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Constables Job on or before 4/9/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : West Bengal Police
Vacancy Name :Constables
Educational Qualification : 12TH
Total No of Vacancy : 4,284 Posts
Salary : 25,000/p.m
Job Location :Kolkata
Last Date to Apply for this job :4/9/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy :West Bengal Police Recruitment Board Araksha Bhavan, Sector – II Salt Lake City,Kolkata – 700 091
Detail of West Bengal PoliceConstables Recruitment:
1. NAME OF THE POST AND PAY SCALE:- Constables in West Bengal Police and Special IR Battalion in the Pay Scale of Rs.5,400 – 25,200/- (i.e. Pay Band-2) + Grade Pay Rs.2,600/- .
2. RESERVATION OF VACANCIES:- Sl. No. Category (Sub-category) No. of vacancies 1. Unreserved (UR) 1492 2. Unreserved (E.C.) 723
3. Scheduled Caste 663
4. Scheduled Caste (E.C.) 330
5. Scheduled Tribe 205
6. Scheduled Tribe (E.C.) 102 7. OBC-A 317 8. OBC-A (E.C) 136
9. OBC-B 226 10. OBC-B (E.C) 90 TOTAL 4284
i) Total vacancies as stated above is purely provisional and subject to marginal changes.
ii) 10% Horizontal Reservation is extended to the Home Guards serving in West Bengal Police only for recruitment to the above mentioned posts subject to fulfillment of eligibility criteria for recruitment to the post of Constable in West Bengal Police vide Notification No. 2702-PL/PI/8C-10/09 (pt-I) dated 16/07/2010. Vacancies reserved for Home Guards serving in West Bengal Police only shall be filled up in accordance with the procedure which may be prescribed by the Government from time to time.
iii) Reservation of vacancies for Ex-serviceman shall be as per the existing Government Rules. The length of service for Exserviceman and Home Guards serving in West Bengal Police only shall be calculated as on 01/01/2015.
iv) Shortlisted candidates applying under Exempted Category (E.C.) as a member of the family of Land Losers / as ExCensus Employees/Election Job Workers/Enumerators should produce original copies of Identity Cards showing Registration & NCO number issued by the Labour Department, Government of West Bengal at the time of scrutiny before the Interview.
v) Selected Candidates are liable to be posted to any unit of West Bengal Police including Specialized India Reserve Battalions and India Reserve Battalions.
- ELIGIBILITY:- Must be a Citizen of India. (b) AGE: – The candidates must not be less than 18 years and not more than 27 years as on 01/01/2015. The Upper-age limit may be relaxed for the SC/ ST candidates of West Bengal only by 05 years and OBC candidates of West Bengal only by 03 years. The upper age limit is also relaxable for the Ex-servicemen and Home Guards serving in West Bengal Police only as per existing Government Rules.
- The Ex-serviceman and Home Guards (serving in WBP only) candidates, if shortlisted, have to produce relevant documents regarding service rendered by them, in original, in support of their claim for Age Relaxation at the time of verification. (c) Educational Qualification:- The candidate must have passed Madhyamik Examination from the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination from any other Board recognized by the State Government or the Central Government. Note: – The candidate must possess the above noted Qualifications on or before the date of publication of the advertisement.
- MINIMUM PHYSICAL STANDARD:- Sl. No. Category Height (Barefoot) (in cm.) Chest (in cm.) Desirable Weight Range
- Candidates of all categories (except Gorkhas, Garwalies, Rajbanshis and Scheduled Tribes) 167 78 cms. With expansion of 05 cms. (78 cms. – 83 cms.) Proportionate to height as per medical standard* 2. Gorkhas, Garwalies, Rajbanshis and Scheduled Tribes 160 76 cms. With expansion of 05 cms. (76 cms. – 81 cms.) Proportionate to height as per medical standard* *The Height-Weight ratio chart for Physical Measurement Test (PMT) is furnished below:- Height (bare foot) (cms) Desirable Weight Range (in kgs) 152 – 154 – 156 – 158 – 160 52-65 162 53-66 164 54-67 166 55-69 168 56-71 170 58-73 172 59-74 174 60-75 176 62-77 178 64-79 180 65-80 182 66-82 184 67-84 186 69-86 188 71-88 190 73-90 192 75-93 194 76-94 196 77-96 198 78-98
- Note : The weight range of such candidates having height which is not included in the above chart, will be considered for the next height. For instance, the weight of a candidate having height between 160.1 cm and 161.9 cm which is not included in the above ‘Height– Weight Ratio Chart’, will be 53–66 kg which is mentioned against the height of 162 cm. Hence, the ‘Height’ column indicates the height upto which the given weight range is applicable.
- METHOD OF RECRUITMENT:- Candidates provisionally considered eligible will be called for Physical Measurement Test (PMT) and Physical Efficiency Test (PET) which are qualifying in nature, before the Range Recruitment Boards. Candidates who qualify in PMT and PET will have to appear in the Written Examination followed by the Interview. a) PHYSICAL MEASUREMENT TEST (PMT) :- The Height and Weight of the candidates will be measured by using Electronic Machines.
- PHYSICAL EFFICIENCY TEST (PET) :- Candidates who will qualify in PMT will be allowed to take part in PET. Long Distance Run – 1600 mtr. (Qualifying time is 06 minutes 30 seconds). Note: – Timing of an individual runner shall be taken with the help of Radio Frequency Identification Device (RFID) technology. One chance will be given for Physical Efficiency Test. The venues for PMT & PET will be decided by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board, in due course. Page | 3
- WRITTEN EXAMINATION: – Full Marks – 90; A limited number of candidates on the basis of the qualifying the Physical Measurement Test and Physical Efficiency Test will be called for to appear in the Written Examination to be conducted by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board. The Written Examination will have 60 Multiple Choice (Four choices) Objective Type Questions (MCQs) carrying 1.5 marks each. The duration of the examination will be One hour. Question in the Written Examination shall be in the following subjects:- A. General Awareness and General Knowledge – 30 Marks (20 questions) B. English – 24 Marks (16 questions) C. Elementary Mathematics (Madhyamik standard) – 24 Marks (16 questions) D. Reasoning – 12 Marks (8 questions) The candidates are expected to fill up the correct blank space against a question no. on the OMR Answer Sheet. The Question Paper will be in English, Bengali, Hindi & Nepali but the Answers will have to be filled up correctly in OMR Sheet. In case of any contestation the preferred language exercised in the Application Form will be taken as the language in which the Written Test has been answered. Note: – There will be NEGATIVE marking for each wrong answer. ¼th of the allotted marks for a particular question will be deducted for each wrong answer. West Bengal Police Recruitment Board will decide the prescribed scheme and syllabus for the Written Examination. The qualifying marks in the Written Examination to appear for the next stage will be fixed by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board.
- INTERVIEW: – Full Marks – 10 A limited number of candidates on the basis of the result of the Written Examination will be called for Interview. In the Interview, the general awareness and suitability of the candidate for public service will be tested. The Interview will be conducted by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board through Range Recruitment Boards. On the basis of the marks obtained in the Written Examination and the Interview, a merit list of the provisionally selected candidates will be prepared by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board.
- VERIFICATION OF CHARACTER ANTECEDENTS:- All provisionally selected candidates will be required to fill up a ‘Verification Roll’ which will be thoroughly enquired into by the authority concerned.
- MEDICAL EXAMINATION:- After receipt of Verification Roll having ‘No Objection’, all provisionally selected candidates will be sent for Medical Examination of the State Government-designated hospitals. The candidates must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein, squint eyes etc. The minimum vision should be 6/6 with or without glasses. They should possess high colour vision and should not be colour blind.
- DISCHARGE:- The candidates on recruitment will be posted to SVSPA or Subsidiary Training Centre (STC) and shall be required to pass out of the College or Centre as the case may be after having undergone a course of training there. A constable while undergoing training in the SVSPA or STC or undergoing probation may at any time be discharged by the Principal, SVSPA or Principal, STC or by Assistant Inspector General of Police or by the Superintendent of Police, as the case may be if he is considered by them to be unsuitable for the post. The order of discharge shall intimate the ground for the discharge but no formal proceeding, such as are prescribed for removal or dismissal of Government Servant shall be necessary. No appeal shall lie against the order of discharge: 8.
- APPOINTING AUTHORITY:- Assistant Inspector General of Police or Superintendent of Police.
- PERIOD OF APPLICATION: – Applications may be submitted through off-line with effect from the date of advertisement in Newspaper and the website of West Bengal Police (policewb.gov.in) so as to reach the office of the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board latest by 04/09/2015 (5 P.M.). NO APPLICATION SHALL BE RECEIVED AFTER THE LAST DATE AND TIME OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS. HENCE, THE APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATIONS WELL IN ADVANCE WITHOUT WAITING FOR LAST Page | 4 DATE AND TIME OF SUBMISSION TO AVOID DELAYED SUBMISSION DUE TO SERVER PROBLEM OR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL FAULTS, INCLUDING POSTAL DELAYS. West Bengal Police Recruitment Board will not take any responsibility for any kind of delays (including postal) / applications lost in transit. Hence, applicants should ensure that their applications reach the Board’s Office within the last date & time for receipt of applications.
- APPLICATION FEES:- All categories of candidates except those belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (of West Bengal only) shall pay Applications Fees of Rs.150/- (Rupees one hundred fifty) only. • Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe are exempted from paying any Application Fees. However, shortlisted candidates are required to produce their SC/ST certificates issued by the competent authority at the time of interview. • If any shortlisted candidate fails to submit the documents as stated above, his candidature shall be rejected summarily. • No exemption of fees is available to the SC/ST candidates of OTHER States. • No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be reserved for any other examination under any circumstances whatsoever. • Applications not accompanied with the requisite application fees shall be rejected summarily
Selection Procedure forWest Bengal Police -Constables Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 4/9/2015.
- Candidates provisionally considered eligible will be called for Physical Measurement Test (PMT) and Physical Efficiency Test (PET) which are qualifying in nature, before the Range Recruitment Boards. Candidates who qualify in PMT and PET will have to appear in the Written Examination followed by the Interview.
How to apply for Constables Vacancy in West Bengal Police :
West Bengal Police Recruitment Board extends the facilities of both the on-line and off-line submission of applications. On-line submission: – Applicants will be able to submit application using the website policewb.gov.in by filling up their information including scanned photograph and signature. Applicants are advised to follow the procedure properly for applying through on-line. Payment of Application Fees can be made on-line through payment gateway (Bill Desk) by using Debit Cards/Credit Cards/Net-Banking of any Bank. An amount of Rs.5/- (Rupees five) only will be charged by the agency (Bill Desk) concerned as “Service Charge” for availing Debit Cards/Credit Cards/Net-Banking facility.
ON-LINE APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO UPLOAD SCANNED COPY OF THEIR RECENT PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOGRAPH AND FULL SIGNATURE IN JPG FORMAT COVERING THE ENTIRE SPACE PROVIDED FOR THE SAME. THE SIZE OF PHOTOGRAPH FILE AND SIGNATURE FILE MUST BE BETWEEN 10 KB – 50 KB AND 5 KB – 20 KB RESPECTIVELY. THE IMAGE DIMENSION FOR PHOTOGRAPH AND SIGNATURE SHOULD BE 138 PX W X 177 PX H (4.5 CM HEIGHT X 3.5 CM WIDTH) AND 350 PX W X 63 PX H (1.7 CM HEIGHT X 9.2 CM WIDTH) RESPECTIVELY. PHOTOGRAPH MUST BE ON WHITE BACKGROUND WITH 75-80% OF THE PHOTO OCCUPYING THE APPLICANT’S FACE. CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED NOT TO UPLOAD IMAGES OF OTHER OBJECTS IN PLACE OF PHOTOGRAPH AND SIGNATURE.
On successful submission of the application, the applicants shall be provided with the copy of Application Form with his photograph, signature and unique Application Serial No. Candidates are advised to preserve it safely and mention the Application Sl. No. for all future communications, if required, with the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board. Request for change/correction in the Application Form SHALL NOT be entertained under any circumstances after final submission. The West Bengal Police Recruitment Board will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of nonacceptance of any correction/addition/deletion in any particular field in application form whatever the reasons may be. Online submission through Tathya–Mitra-Kendras:-
- The West Bengal Police Recruitment Board extends facility to submit application through about 4800 Tathya-MitraKendras set up by the Government of West Bengal up to the level of Gram Panchayats in the rural areas of West Bengal.
- Applicants may approach any of the Tathya-Mitra-Kendras (List provided on the website) with all particulars and a recent passport size photograph. The authorized staff of the Kendra will fill up the on-line application form on the basis of information provided by the applicant. • He will also scan the photograph and signature of the applicant and upload it.
CANDIDATES MUST CHECK ON SCREEN THE INFORMATION ENTERED BY THE STAFF BEFORE PROCEEDING FOR ON-LINE PAYMENT. The Application Fees have to be paid to the Tathya-Mitra-Kendras. The Kendra will take service charge of Rs.20/- (Rupees Twenty) extra for filling up the form and uploading the same along with scanned copies of candidate’s photograph and signature and making on-line payment of Application Fees received from the applicant. The applicant must ensure proper uploading of his photograph and signature. The Board will not be responsible for any discrepancy in the data Page | 5 uploaded. In case of any mismatch in respect of photograph and signature or any other detail, the candidature SHALL be rejected. All categories of candidates except Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (of West Bengal only) shall pay Rs.170/- only [Application Fees: Rs.150/- plus Service Charge: Rs.20/-] to the authorized staff of the Tathya-Mitra-Kendra. Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (of West Bengal only) shall pay Rs.20/- only (Service Charge) to the authorized staff of the Tathya-Mitra-Kendra. Candidates are advised NOT TO PAY IN EXCESS of the fees & service charge as mentioned above
TO THE FRANCHISEE OR THE AUTHORIZED STAFF OR TATHYA MITRA KENDRA. AFTER PAYMENT OF THE FEES AND SERVICE CHARGE, THE AUTHORIZED STAFF OF THE KENDRA WILL HAND OVER THE APPLICANT THE COPY OF THE APPLICATION FORM WITH UNIQUE APPLICATION SERIAL NUMBER AS ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF SUCCESSFUL SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION ON-LINE. THE COPY OF THE APPLICATION FORM WILL ALSO CONTAIN ALL THE DETAILS FURNISHED BY THE APPLICANT. CANDIDATES MUST KEEP THE COPY OF THE APPLICATION WITH THEM AND NOTE DOWN THE UNIQUE APPLICATION SERIAL NUMBER FOR ALL FUTURE COMMUNICATIONS WITH THE BOARD, IF ANY. Candidates may contact the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board through a land line (033-23371402) to report of any kind of non-cooperation from any of the Tathya-Mitra-Kendras, with details of the concerned Kendra during office hours (10:00 AM to 05:30 PM) from Monday to Friday and 10:00 AM to 02:00 PM on Saturdays (except 15th August). On-line Application and collection of fees through United Bank of India (UBI):-
The West Bengal Police Recruitment Board extends the facility of paying application fees through the United Bank of India (UBI) for on-line applicants. Under this system a deposit challan will be generated bearing the Application Sl. No. during on-line submission of application. After obtaining the deposit challan, the applicants will have to appear at any of the branches of the UBI along with the challan after 02 (two) Banking Days for payment of the application fees. The branch will accept the payment of application fees on production of the deposit challan which will be returned back to the applicants with the Bank’s seal as acknowledgement. This deposit challan bearing the application sl. no. must be preserved by the applicants for future communication with the Board, if required. The applicants will have to pay a sum of Rs. 20/+ Service charge to the Branch of UBI against each payment of Rs. 150/-. After depositing the Application Fees at the Bank Counter the applicant should log-in to the ‘My Account’ page by using his Username & Password for final submission of his application after 01 (One) day.
- Defective/incomplete applications will be summarily rejected.
- Each candidate should submit ONE application form only. Candidature of those who submit more than one application forms will be rejected summarily and the amount of application fees forfeited.
- Admission to the examination will be purely provisional subject to verification of eligibility at a later stage. Therefore, candidature of any candidate shall be rejected straightway if found not eligible at any stage, even after appearance in the tests /examinations. iv) Candidates must abide by the instructions as may be given by the Venue-in-Charge/Invigilator of the examination venue. If the candidate fails to do so or indulges in disorderly or improper conduct, he will render himself liable for expulsion from the examination hall and/or such other punishment as the Recruitment Board may deem fit to impose.
- SC/ST/OBC–A / OBC–B candidates of OTHER States will be treated as General (Un-reserved) category candidates.
- No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates for their journey to attend PMT/PET, Written Examination & Interview. They will appear for selection tests at their own expenditure. The Recruitment Board will not be held responsible for any harm or injury to any candidate emerging out of the conduct of the PMT/PET or other tests. vii) In case the applicant is a Government Employee, he must obtain an NOC from his employer and produce the same at the appropriate stage.
- Candidates are advised to fill up the ‘Preferred Language’ box in Application Form. The preferred language exercised in the Application Form will be taken as the language in which the Written Test has been answered by the candidate. Non-exercise of any of the options would be deemed that the Preferred Language is ENGLISH.
- ix) All entries in the Application Form are compulsory. Application submitted keeping any of the columns blank would lead to summary rejection without any intimation to the applicant. The Board reserves the right to rectify the errors and omissions, if any, in the process of holding the examination and final declaration of result.
- A candidate who has been reported against by the Venue-in-Charge of the examination venue for violating any of the instructions or for having adopted unfair means at the arena/venue/examination hall or having used electronic gadgets like Earpiece, Smart Phone, etc. in the examination hall, will be punished with cancellation of his candidature and also be debarred from appearing at future examinations/selection processes as may be decided by the Recruitment Board depending on the circumstances/gravity of the case or may be criminally proceeded against. xii) Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate immediately.
- Applicants are advised not to get lured by any unscrupulous touts. The recruitment process done by the Recruitment Board is absolutely transparent. xiv) The decision of the Selection Board on all matters relating to eligibility, place, date, mode of selection, acceptance or rejection of candidature will be final and binding on the candidates.
- The height of a candidate may be re-measured at any stage including during the Interview at the discretion of the Board and the decision of the Board shall be final and binding on the candidates.
- Only short listed candidates will be asked to produce all relevant original certificates along with the self attested photocopies for verification, failing which their candidature shall be rejected without any further communication. xvii) The Mobile No. and e-mail ID (non mandatory fields for off-line submission) of the applicants are being taken for communication by the Board for future intimation with regard to the recruitment process and nothing else. The Board, under no circumstances, will request or advise the applicant for any further personal information & / or additional fees & / or payment of any kind of fee to any official connected & / or not connected with the Board. Candidates may report such occurrence, if any to the Member, Police Recruitment Board, West Bengal along with due evidence (documentary /electronic).
- In case of on-line applicants no Admit Card will be issued through the Postal Department before the PMT/PET and subsequent stages, if selected. Candidates have to download the e-Admit Cards from the website. xix) In case of any difficulties in downloading the off-line application form or in submitting the on-line application form the applicants are advised to communicate either through telephone (Contact No. 8013033300 & 8013033322) during office hours (10 AM to 05:30 PM) from Monday to Friday and 10:00 AM to 02:00 PM on Saturdays (except 15th August) or through e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Candidates may visit the websites of West Bengal Police (policewb.gov.in) for ascertaining developments of recruitment process from time to time.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 4/9/2015