West Bengal Police has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Warder/Female Warder through recruitment notification – West Bengal Police Recruitment 2015 – VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 06/2014. Candidates who have completed 10TH/12TH can apply for the new recruitment notification from West Bengal Police
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Warder/Female Warder on or before 27/03/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
||West Bengal Police
|Total No of Vacancy
|Last Date to Apply for this job
|Address for the Job Vacancy
||West Bengal Police, ARAKSHA BHABAN, SECTOR – II SALT LAKE CITY, KOLKATA – 700 091
Detail of West Bengal Police Warder/Female Warder Recruitment:
- Total No Of Post: 760
- NAME OF THE POST AND PAY SCALE:- Warder/Female Warder under Department of Correctional Administration, Government of West Bengal in the Pay Scale of Rs.5,400 – 25,200/- (i.e. Pay Band-2) + Grade Pay Rs.2,600/- . [N.B. Drawal of salary during the period of probation (for a period of three years) : only the entry point pay i.e. Basic Pay + Grade Pay shall be allowed with annual increment @ 3% per annum and medical allowances, if any.]
- AGE: – The candidates must not be less than 18 years and not more than 27 years as on 01/01/2015. The Upper age limit may be relaxed for the SC/ ST candidates of West Bengal only by 05 years and OBC candidates of West Bengal only by 03 years. The upper age limit is also relaxable for the Ex-serviceman as per existing Government Rules. The Ex-serviceman candidates, if shortlisted, have to produce relevant documents regarding service rendered by them, in original, in support of their claim for Age Relaxation at the time of verification.
- Educational Qualification:- The candidate must have passed Madhyamik Examination from the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination from any other Board recognized by the State Government or the Central Government.
- Acquisition of Computer Literacy . The candidate must possess the above noted Qualifications on or before the date of publication of the advertisement.
Selection Procedure for West Bengal Police – Warder/Female Warder Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 27/03/2015
- Candidates provisionally considered eligible will be called for Physical Measurement Test (PMT) and Physical Efficiency Test (PET) which are qualifying in nature, before the Special Recruitment Boards. Candidates who qualify in PMT and PET will have to appear in the Written Examination followed by the Interview.
All categories of candidates except those belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (of West Bengal only) shall pay Applications Fees of Rs. 200/- (Rupees two hundred) only. Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe are exempted from paying any Application Fees. However, shortlisted candidates are required to produce their SC/ST certificates issued by the competent authority at the time of interview. If any shortlisted candidate fails to submit the documents as stated above, his/her candidature shall be rejected summarily. No exemption of fees is available to the SC/ST candidates of OTHER States. No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be reserved for any other examination under any circumstances whatsoever. Applications not accompanied with the requisite application fees shall be rejected summarily.
- Defective/incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. Each candidate should submit ONE application form only. Candidature of those who submit more than one application forms will be rejected summarily and the amount of application fees shall be forfeited.
- Admission to the examination will be purely provisional subject to verification of eligibility at a later stage. Therefore, candidature of any candidate shall be rejected straightway if found not eligible at any stage, even after appearance in the examination. Candidates must abide by the instructions as may be given by the Venue-in-Charge/Invigilator of the examination venue. If the candidate fails to do so or indulges in disorderly or improper conduct, he/she will render himself/herself liable for expulsion from the examination hall and/or such other punishment as the Recruitment Board may deem fit to impose.
- SC/ST/OBC–A / OBC–B candidates of OTHER States will be treated as General (Un-reserved) category candidates.
- No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates for their journey to attend PMT/PET, Written Examination & Interview. They will appear for selection tests at their own expenditure. The Recruitment Board will not be held responsible for any harm or injury to any candidate emerging out of the conduct of the PMT/PET.
- In case the applicant is a Government Employee, he / she must obtain an NOC from his/ her employer and produce the same at the appropriate stage.
- Candidates are advised to fill up the ‘Preferred Language’ box in Application Form. The Preferred Language can be exercised to take the written test in case the question paper is set in any of these languages. Non-exercise of any of the options would be deemed that the Preferred Language is ENGLISH.
- All entries in the Application Form are compulsory except mobile no. and e-mail ID. Application submitted keeping any of the columns blank would lead to summary rejection without any intimation to the applicants.
- The Board reserves the right to rectify the errors and omissions, if any, in the process of holding the examination and final declaration of result.
- A candidate who has been reported against by the Venue-in-Charge of the examination venue for violating any of the instructions or for having adopted unfair means at the examination hall or having used electronic gadgets like Earpiece, Smart Phone, etc. in the examination hall, will be punished with cancellation of his/her candidature and also be debarred from appearing at future examinations/selection processes as may be decided by the Recruitment Board depending on the circumstances/gravity of the case or may be criminally proceeded against.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate immediately. The decision of the Selection Board on all matters relating to eligibility, place, date, mode of selection, acceptance or rejection of candidature will be final and binding on the candidates.
- The height of a candidate may be re-measured at any stage including during the Interview at the discretion of the Board which shall be final and binding on the candidates.
- Only short listed candidates will be asked to produce all relevant original certificates along with the self attested photocopies for verification, failing which their candidature shall be rejected without any further communication. The Mobile No. and e-mail ID (non mandatory fields for off-line submission) of the applicants are being taken for communication by the Board for future intimation with regard to the recruitment process and nothing else. The Board, under no circumstances, will request or advise the applicant for any further personal information & / or additional fees & / or payment of any kind of fee to any official connected & / or not connected with the Board. Candidates may report such occurrence, if any to the Member, Police Recruitment Board, West Bengal along with due evidence (documentary /electronic).
- In case of any difficulties in downloading the off-line application form or in submitting the on-line application form the applicants are advised to communicate either through telephone (Contact No. +918013033300 / +918013033322 ) during office hours (10 AM to 05:30 PM) from Monday to Friday (except 5th March) and 10:00 AM to 02:00 PM on Saturdays and also on 6th March or through e-mail ([email protected]). Candidates may visit the websites of West Bengal Police (policewb.gov.in) and Department of Correctional Administration (wbcorrectionalservices.gov.in) for ascertaining developments of recruitment process from time to time.
How to apply for Warder/Female Warder Vacancy in West Bengal Police:
- Applications may be submitted either on-line or off-line with effect from the date of advertisement in Newspaper and the websites of West Bengal Police (policewb.gov.in) and the Department of Correctional Administration, West Bengal (wbcorrectionalservices.gov.in) so as to reach the office of the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board latest by 27/03/2015 (5 P.M.). NO APPLICATION SHALL BE RECEIVED AFTER THE LAST DATE AND TIME OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS. HENCE, THE APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATIONS WELL IN ADVANCE WITHOUT WAITING FOR LAST DATE AND TIME OF SUBMISSION TO AVOID DELAYED SUBMISSION DUE TO SERVER PROBLEM OR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL FAULTS. West Bengal Police Recruitment Board will not take any responsibility for any kind of delays or applications lost in digital transit. Hence, applicants should ensure that their applications must reach Board’s Office within the last date & time for receipt of applications.
- West Bengal Police Recruitment Board extends the facilities of both the on-line and off-line submission of applications.
- On-line submission: – Candidates will be able to submit application using the website policewb.gov.in by filling up their information including scanned photograph and signature. Once these information are filled up, the on-line users will be given a reference number through which they will be able to re-access his / her unprocessed application and the information entered at each stage is saved. He / she has to write down the reference number within 15 seconds. He / she can then use his / her Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY) as password. The reference number will also be delivered to the applicant via e-mail or SMS if e-mail ID/ mobile no. furnished by him. Payment of Application Fees can be made on-line through payment gateway (Bill Desk) by using Debit Cards/Credit Cards/Net-Banking of any Bank. An amount of Rs.5/- (Rupees five) only will be charged by the agency (Bill Desk) concerned as “Service Charge” for availing Debit Cards/Credit Cards/Net-Banking facility. ONLINE APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO UPLOAD SCANNED COPY OF THEIR RECENT PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOGRAPH AND FULL SIGNATURE IN JPG FORMAT COVERING THE ENTIRE SPACE PROVIDED FOR THE SAME. THE SIZE OF PHOTOGRAPH FILE AND SIGNATURE FILE MUST BE BETWEEN 20-45 KB AND 3-15 KB RESPECTIVELY. THE IMAGE DIMENSION FOR PHOTOGRAPH AND SIGNATURE SHOULD BE 138px width X 177px height AND 250px width X 45px height RESPECTIVELY. On successful submission of the application, the applicants shall be provided with an auto-generated receipt with unique Application Serial No. Candidates are advised to preserve it safely and mention the Application Sl. No. for all future communications, if required, with the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board. Request for change/correction in the Application Form SHALL NOT be entertained under any circumstances after final submission. The West Bengal Police Recruitment Board will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of nonacceptance of any correction/addition/deletion in any particular field in application form whatever the reasons may be.
- Online submission through Tathya–Mitra-Kendras:- The West Bengal Police Recruitment Board extends facility to submit application through about 4800 Tathya-MitraKendras set up by the Government of West Bengal up to the level of Gram Panchayats in the rural areas of West Bengal Applicants may approach any of the Tathya-Mitra-Kendras (List provided on the website) with all particulars and a recent passport size photograph. The authorized staff of the Kendra will fill up the on-line application form on the basis of information provided by the applicant. He/She will also scan the photograph and signature of the applicant and upload it. CANDIDATES MUST CHECK ON SCREEN DETAIL INFORMATION ENTERED BY THE STAFF BEFORE PROCEEDING FOR ON-LINE PAYMENT. The Application Fees have to be paid to the Tathya-Mitra-Kendras. The Kendra will take service charge of Rs.20/- (Rupees Twenty) extra for filling up the form and uploading the same along with scanned copies of candidate’s photograph and signature and making on-line payment of Application Fees received from the applicant. All categories of candidates except Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (of West Bengal only) shall pay Rs.220/- only [Application Fees: Rs.200/- plus Service Charge: Rs.20/-] to the authorized staff of the Tathya-Mitra-Kendra. Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (of West Bengal only) shall pay Rs.20/- only (Service Charge) to the authorized staff of the Tathya-Mitra-Kendra. Candidates are advised NOT TO PAY IN EXCESS of the fees & service charge as mentioned above TO THE FRANCHISEE OR THE AUTHORIZED STAFF OR TATHYA MITRA KENDRA. AFTER PAYMENT OF THE FEES AND SERVICE CHARGE, THE AUTHORIZED STAFF OF THE KENDRA WILL HAND OVER THE APPLICANT A PRINTED RECEIPT WITH UNIQUE APPLICATION SERIAL NUMBER AS ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF SUCCESSFUL SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION ON-LINE. CANDIDATES MUST KEEP THE RECEIPT WITH THEM AND NOTE DOWN THE UNIQUE APPLICATION SERIAL NUMBER FOR ALL FUTURE COMMUNICATIONS WITH THE BOARD, IF ANY. Candidates may contact the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board through a land line (033-23371402) to report for any kind of non-cooperation from any of the Tathya-Mitra-Kendras, with details of the concerned Kendra during office hours (10:00 AM to 05:30 PM) from Monday to Friday (except 5th March) and 10:00 AM to 02:00 PM on Saturdays and also on 6th March.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 27/03/2015