West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Principal through recruitment notification – West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) Recruitment 2015 – ADVERTISEMENT NO. 16/2015. Candidates who have completed Master Degree, Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC).
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Principal, Library Officer Job on or before 17/9/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC)
Vacancy Name : Principal, Library Officer
Educational Qualification : Any Masters Degree, M.Phil/Ph.d
Total No of Vacancy : 05 Post
Salary : Rs.15,600-67,000/- p.m
Job Location : West Bengal
Last Date to Apply for this job : 17/9/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC), West Bengal
Detail of West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) Principal, Library Officer Recruitment:
Applications in the prescribed format given at the Commission’s website at http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in. are invited from Indian citizens and such other nationals as are declared eligible by Govt. of India for recruitment to the under mentioned posts. Post at sl. no. 1 is permanent and at sl. no. 2 is temporary but likely to be permanent. N.B. ABILITY TO READ, WRITE AND SPEAK IN BENGALI IS AN ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO THE POSTS AND SERVICES MENTIONED BELOW. PROVIDED THAT THE SAID COMPULSORY REQUIREMENT OF KNOWLEDGE IN BENGALI IS NOT APPLICABLE FOR NEPALI SPEAKING CANDIDATES FROM THE HILL AREAS OF THE DISTRICT OF DARJEELING UNLESS MENTIONED OTHERWISE AGAINST ANY PARTICULAR POST(S). THIS WILL BE TESTED AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW.
|Post||No of post||Qualification||Salary||Age|
|PRINCIPAL||1||(a) Must have a Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) by a recognized University Provided that a relaxation of 5% marks may be provided at the Master’s level for the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Differently abled (Physically and visually differently abled) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during recruitment. Provided further that in respect of candidate who has obtained Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991, the said relaxation of 5% marks is admissible from 50% marks instead of 55% marks as stated above. (b) Must have a Ph.D. degree in concerned/allied/relevant discipline(s) in the institution concerned with evidence of published work and research guidance. (c) Must be an Associate Professor/Professor with a total experience of 15 (fifteen) years of teaching/research/administration in Universities, Colleges and other institutions of Higher Education. (d) Must have a minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) as set out in the University Grants Commission (Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and other Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education) Regulations, 2010 and (e) Must have good power of expression in Bengali or Nepali. OR A traditional/professional artist of great eminence with highly commendable professional achievement in the concerned subject, who (i) Must have 12 (twelve) years of outstanding performing achievements in the field of specialization; (ii) Must have made significant contributions in the field of specializations and has the ability to guide research in the subject; (iii) Must have participated in National/International Seminars/Conferences/Workshops and/or recipient of National/International Awards/Fellowships; (iv) Must have ability to explain the logical reasoning of the subject concerned and adequate knowledge to teach theory with illustrations; and (v) Must have good power of expression in Bengali or Nepali.||Rs.37, 400/- – Rs.67, 000/- plus Academic Grade Pay of Rs.10, 000/||Must not be less than 40 years of age and more than 55 years of age on 01.01.2015.|
|DISTRICT LIBRARY OFFICER||4||Essential: (i) Master’s Degree in Library Science of a recognized University or equivalent; Or A Second Class Master’s Degree of a recognized University plus a degree/diploma in Library Science of a recognized University or equivalent. (ii) 3 (three) years’ experience in administration, management, promotion and development of Library Services/System in a responsible capacity; Or 3 (three) years’ experience taken together in the following:- (a) Administration, management, promotion and development of Library Services/System in a responsible capacity and (b) Teaching in Library Science in a recognized Institution: provided that at least 2 (two) years’ experience must be in (a) above. Desirable: (i) Knowledge of audio-visual education; (ii) Capacity for touring in rural areas.||Rs.15,600/- – Rs. 42,000/- (PB – 4A) plus Grade pay Rs. 5,400/-||Not more than 35 years on 01.01.2015, relaxable for otherwise well qualified and experienced candidates and for persons holding substantive appointment in the Education Department, Government of West Bengal and Library attached to Government sponsored Institutions under the Education Department, Government of West Bengal.|
For all categories of post Rs. 210/- (Rupees two hundred ten) only + Service Charge 1% of Examination Fee subject to a minimum of Rs.5/- for online payment through debit/credit card plus 12.36% of service charge as Govt. Duty or Service Charge of Rs.5/- (Rupees Five) only for Net Banking or Service Charge of Rs.20/- (Rupees Twenty) only for payment through Bank Counter (off-line payment). SC/ST candidates of West Bengal and Persons with disabilities (PWD) having physical disability of 40% and above are not required to pay any fee. BC candidates of West Bengal are, however, required to pay usual fee as aforesaid. NO EXEMPTION OF FEE IS AVAILABLE TO SC/ST/BC CANDIDATES OF OTHER STATES. No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be held in reserve for any other examination.
Selection Procedure for West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) – Principal, Library Officer Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 17/9/2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Principal, Library Officer Vacancy in West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) :
- The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by Government.
- All the degrees/diplomas/certificates mentioned in the advertisement must have been obtained from recognized Universities/Institutions.
- The prescribed ‘essential qualifications’ are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle applicants to be called in for the interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it is not convenient or possible for the Commission to interview all the applicants the Commission may restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of either higher qualifications in the relevant subjects/higher standard of marks/grade obtained in the essential qualifications or experience in relevant field higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement or on the basis of a Screening Test/Written Test. IN THE CASES OF SCREENING TEST/ WRITTEN TEST, CANDIDATES SUFFERING FROM BLINDNESS OR LOW VISION WILL BE ALLOWED THE HELP OF A SCRIBE, IF REQUIRED. If sufficient number of candidates with prescribed age limit is available for selection for a particular post, the commission may exercise its discretion not to relax upper age limit of the candidate(s) even if the provision for such relaxation is laid down in the advertised criteria.
- In cases where no Division/Class is awarded and only grading is done, exact percentage of marks and conversion formula adopted are to be mentioned with documentary evidence.
- Where experience of a number of years is prescribed as an item of qualification this would mean only experience/research experience gained in full time employment/research in the relevant field. [Certificate(s) from the Head(s) of Organisation(s)/Department(s) for the entire experience claimed, clearly mentioning the duration of employment (date, month and year) and field of experience indicating basic pay and consolidated pay must be obtained from the appropriate authority. The certificate(s) should also mention the nature of duties performed/experience obtained in the post(s) with duration(s)].
- Besides pay, the posts carry allowances as admissible.
- The benefits of reservation of vacancies and upper age concession upto 5 years are admissible only to S.C. and S.T. candidates of West Bengal and upto 3 years to O.B.C. (category ’A’ or ‘B’) candidates of West Bengal. S.C., S.T. and B.C. candidates of other States may apply for unreserved vacancies as general candidates. Such benefits are also available upto 45 years for Persons with Disabilities. (a) A candidate claiming to be S.C., S.T., B.C. or persons with disabilities (40% and above) must have a certificate in support of his/her from a competent authority of West Bengal as specified below: For S.C., S.T. and B.C. candidates: (i) In the district, the Sub-Divisional Officer of the Sub-Division concerned, and (ii) In Kolkata, the District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas or such Additional District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas, as may be authorized by the District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas, on behalf and the District Welfare Officer, Kolkata and Ex-officio Joint Director, Backward Classes Welfare. [vide the W.B.S.Cs. & S.T.s. (Identification) Acxt, 1994 and S.C. & S.T. Welfare Deptt. Order No. 261-TW/EC/MR-103/94 dated 6.4.95 read with B.C.W. Deptt. Order no. 6320-BCW/MR-84/10 dated 24.9.2010 and No. BCW/MR-61/2012 (Pt.) dated 12.7.2013.] For Persons with Disabilities: A Medical Board constituted at Government Medical College Hospitals in Kolkata, District Hospitals and SubDivisional Hospitals. [vide West Bengal Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Rules, 1999] (b) The Public Service Commission may require such further proof of particulars from the candidates as it may consider necessary and may make enquiries about their character and other particulars regarding suitability and eligibility
- CANDIDATES MUST FULFIL THE ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS BY THE CLOSING DATE.
- All requisite certificates regarding educational qualifications, proof of age, other relevant experience certificates and other requisite documents must be furnished as and when required by the Commission.
- If at any stage even after issue of a letter of recommendation for appointment a candidate is found ineligible in terms of the advertisement his/her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him/her.
- CANVASSING IN ANY FORM WILL DISQUALIFY THE CANDIDATE.
- ALL INFORMATION REGARDING RECRUITMENT TO THE POST WILL BE AVAILABLE, TIME TO TIME, IN THE COMMISSION’S WEBSITE AT http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in and http://www.pscwb.org.in
- APPLICATION: Applications can be submitted through online only. Filling up of online application will be commencing from: The 3rd September, 2015; 11:30 a.m. onwards.
- Closing date for receipt online application: The 17th September, 2015.
- Last date of fees payment (For all categories of post): The 17th September, 2015. NOTE: Offline payment of fees can be made up to the 18th September, 2015 at any branches of UBI. However, the Challan for making the payment in bank should be generated by the 17th September, 2015.
- Date of Examination will be notified latter in the commission’s website at http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in and http://www.pscwb.org.in
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 17/9/2015
West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) Recruitment 2014 – ADVERTISEMENT NO. 16/2015.
21-01-2017 , 22-01-2017