West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Architect & More Vacancies through recruitment notification – West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) Recruitment 2015 – ADVERTISEMENT NO.02/2015. Candidates who have completed B.ARCH can apply for the new recruitment notification from West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Architect & More Vacancies job from 16/03/2015 to 30/03/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC)|
|Vacancy Name||Architect & More Vacancies|
|Total No of Vacancy||23 Posts|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||30/03/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC), Across India|
Detail of West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) Architect & More Vacancies Recruitment:
Applications in the prescribed format given at the Commission’s website at http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in. are invited from Indian citizens and such other nationals as are declared eligible by Govt. of India for recruitment to the under mentioned posts. All posts are permanent.
SUPERINTENDING ARCHITECT IN THE WEST BENGAL GENERAL SERVICE UNDER PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT – THREE (ONE RESERVED FOR S.C. CANDIDATE)
- PAY: Rs.28, 000/- – Rs.52, 000/- (P.B. – 4B) plus Grade Pay Rs. 7, 600/-.
- QUALIFICATIONS: Essential: (i) A Degree in Architecture from a recognized University or equivalent qualification in terms of Section 14 of the Architects Act 1972 ; (ii) The candidate shall be registered with the Council of Architecture under the Architects Act 1972 & (iii) 13 years experience in Architecture in a reputed Architect’s Office or with the Architectural Department of Government or Semi Government Organisation.
- AGE: Not more than 45 years on 01.01.2015
ARCHITECT IN THE WEST BENGAL GENERAL SERVICE UNDER PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT – TEN (TWO RESERVED FOR S.C., ONE FOR S.T., ONE FOR O.B.C. CATEGORY ‘A’ AND ONE FOR O.B.C. CATEGORY ‘B’ CANDIDATES)
- PAY: Rs.15, 600/- – Rs.42, 000/- (P.B. – 4A) plus Grade Pay Rs. 6, 600/-.
- QUALIFICATIONS: Essential: (i) A Degree in Architecture from a recognized University or equivalent qualification in terms of Section 14 of the Architects Act 1972 ; (ii) The candidate shall be registered with the Council of Architecture in terms of the Architects Act 1972 & (iii) 6 years experience in Architecture in a reputed Architect’s Office or with the Architectural Department of Government or Semi Government Organisation.
- AGE: Not more than 38 years on 01.01.2015
ASSISTANT ARCHITECT IN THE WEST BENGAL GENERAL SERVICE UNDER PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT – TEN (TWO RESERVED FOR S.C., ONE FOR S.T., ONE FOR O.B.C. CATEGORY ‘A’ AND ONE FOR O.B.C. CATEGORY ‘B’ CANDIDATES)
- PAY: Rs.15, 600/- – Rs.42, 000/- (P.B. – 4A) plus Grade Pay Rs. 5, 400/-.
- QUALIFICATIONS: Essential: (i) A Degree in Architecture from a recognized University or equivalent qualification in terms of Section 14 of the Architects Act 1972 & (ii) The candidate shall be registered with the Council of Architecture in terms of the Architects Act 1972
- AGE: Not more than 32 years on 01.01.2015
FEE : For all categories of post Rs.210/- (Rupees two hundred ten) only + Service Charge 1% of Examination Fee subject to a minimum of Rs.5/- for online payment through debit/credit card plus 12.36% of service charge as Govt. Duty or Service Charge of Rs.5/- (Rupees Five) only for Net Banking or Service Charge of Rs.20/- (Rupees Twenty) only for payment through Bank Counter (off-line payment). SC/ST candidates of West Bengal and Persons with disabilities (PWD) having physical disability of 40% and above are not required to pay any fee. BC candidates of West Bengal are, however, required to pay usual fee as aforesaid. NO EXEMPTION OF FEE IS AVAILABLE TO SC/ST/BC CANDIDATES OF OTHER STATES. No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be held in reserve for any other examination
Selection Procedure for West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) – Architect & More Vacancies Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 30/03/2015
- The Examination will be held in two successive stages: – (i) Written Examination and (ii) Personality Test The Written Examination shall consist of two papers viz. Paper – I & Paper – II each carrying 100 marks and of two hours duration; Paper – I will be of objective type consisting of 100 multiple choice questions from technical subjects. Paper – II will be a test of architectural drawing from the technical subjects. [The syllabus of the Examination is being uploaded in the Commission’s Website.] A number of candidates selected in order of merit on results of the Written Examination will be called to the Personality Test carrying 100 marks The final merit list will be prepared on the basis of total marks obtained in the Written Examination and Personality Test
- The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by Government.
- All the degrees/diplomas/certificates mentioned in the advertisement must have been obtained from recognized Universities/Institutions.
- The prescribed ‘essential qualifications’ are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle applicants to be called in for the interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it is not convenient or possible for the Commission to interview all the applicants the Commission may restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of either higher qualifications in the relevant subjects/higher standard of marks/grade obtained in the essential qualifications or experience in relevant field higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement or on the basis of a Screening Test/Written Test. IN THE CASES OF SCREENING TEST/ WRITTEN TEST, CANDIDATES SUFFERING FROM BLINDNESS OR LOW VISION WILL BE ALLOWED THE HELP OF A SCRIBE, IF REQUIRED. If sufficient number of candidates with prescribed age limit is available for selection for a particular post, the commission may exercise its discretion not to relax upper age limit of the candidate(s) even if the provision for such relaxation is laid down in the advertised criteria.
- In cases where no Division/Class is awarded and only grading is done, exact percentage of marks and conversion formula adopted are to be mentioned with documentary evidence.
- Where experience of a number of years is prescribed as an item of qualification this would mean only experience/research experience gained in full time employment/research in the relevant field. [Certificate(s) from the Head(s) of Organisation(s)/Department(s) for the entire experience claimed, clearly mentioning the duration of employment (date, month and year) and field of experience indicating basic pay and consolidated pay must be obtained from the appropriate authority. The certificate(s) should also mention the nature of duties performed/experience obtained in the post(s) with duration(s)].
- Besides pay, the posts carry allowances as admissible. The benefits of reservation of vacancies and upper age concession upto 5 years are admissible only to S.C. and S.T. candidates of West Bengal and upto 3 years to O.B.C. (category ’A’ or ‘B’) candidates of West Bengal. S.C., S.T. and B.C. candidates of other States may apply for unreserved vacancies as general candidates. Such benefits are also available upto 45 years for Persons with Disabilities. (a) A candidate claiming to be S.C., S.T., B.C. or persons with disabilities (40% and above) must have a certificate in support of his/her from a competent authority of West Bengal as specified below: For S.C., S.T. and B.C. candidates: (i) In the district, the Sub-Divisional Officer of the Sub-Division concerned, and (ii) In Kolkata, the District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas or such Additional District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas, as may be authorized by the District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas, on behalf and the District Welfare Officer, Kolkata and Ex-officio Joint Director, Backward Classes Welfare. [vide the W.B.S.Cs. & S.T.s. (Identification) Acxt, 1994 and S.C. & S.T. Welfare Deptt. Order No. 261-TW/EC/MR-103/94 dated 6.4.95 read with B.C.W. Deptt. Order no. 6320-BCW/MR-84/10 dated 24.9.2010 and No. BCW/MR-61/2012 (Pt.) dated 12.7.2013.]
- For Persons with Disabilities: A Medical Board constituted at Government Medical College Hospitals in Kolkata, District Hospitals and SubDivisional Hospitals. [vide West Bengal Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Rules, 1999] (b) The Public Service Commission may require such further proof of particulars from the candidates as it may consider necessary and may make enquiries about their character and other particulars regarding suitability and eligibility.
- CANDIDATES MUST FULFIL THE ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS BY THE CLOSING DATE.
- All requisite certificates regarding educational qualifications, proof of age, other relevant experience certificates and other requisite documents must be furnished as and when required by the Commission.
- If at any stage even after issue of a letter of recommendation for appointment a candidate is found ineligible in terms of the advertisement his/her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him/her. CANVASSING IN ANY FORM WILL DISQUALIFY THE CANDIDATE. ALL INFORMATION REGARDING RECRUITMENT TO THE POST WILL BE AVAILABLE, TIME TO TIME, IN THE COMMISSION’S WEBSITE AT http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in and http://www.pscwb.org.in.
- APPLICATION: Applications can be submitted through online only.
- Closing date for receipt online application: The 30th March, 2015 Midnight.
- Last date of fees payment ( For all categories of post) : 31st March, 2015.
- Date of Examination for the post of Assistant Architect will be notified latter in the commission’s website At http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in and http://www.pscwb.org.in.
How to apply for Architect & More Vacancies Vacancy in West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC):
- Candidates have to first go for “One Time Registration” (link available on top of the left panel in home page of the website www.pscwbonline.gov.in) and fill up all the required data and uploading scanned photo and signature to get User ID and Password. The process of one time registration is mentioned in details in right panel of the home page of the website www.pscwbonline.gov.in , in “Instruction to Candidate” link under Candidate’s Corner. However, those candidates who have earlier registered themselves with PSC, West Bengal need not to do registration again. They can use their previous User Id and Password for login into their respective Dashboards. AFTER REGISTRATION (THROUGH ONE TIME REGISTRATION LINK IN HOME PAGE), USER ID AND PASSWORD ARE DISPLAYED ON THE SCREEN. CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO NOTE DOWN THE SAME FOR FUTURE PURPOSE. With the User ID and Password, as provided to the candidate, they need to login to their Dashboard through the link “Login to your Account” which is available in right panel of the home page of the website under Candidate’s Corner. Candidates who forget their password can reset the password for which the link is available in the Candidate’s Login Page which can be opened through the link “Login to your Account”. For resetting the password, click on the “Reset Your Password” link. Then after, candidates have to provide User ID, Mother’s Maiden Surname, Last School Attended and Grandfather’s Name. Mother’s Maiden Surname, Last School Attended and Grandfather’s Name should match exactly the one given during One Time Registration. If all the data matches correctly, candidates will get the new password. Candidates are advised to note down the new password for future reference. After login into the Dashboard, candidates will find the name of the Examination with Apply Now link. Click on the link and the application form will open. Candidates are advised to read thoroughly and cautiously the documents available in the link Important Information present in the top of the application form before filling the application. The Photo and Signature of the candidate, as uploaded by them during One Time Registration, are displayed. Candidate may change the photo and/or signature, if required, by clicking the respective Edit Button/s. Following is the procedure for filling up the Application Form: 1. Personal Details a. User ID – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable. b. Name – First Name, Middle Name, Last Name – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable. c. Candidate’s Date of Birth – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable. d. Do you have the ability to read, write and speak in Bengali – Candidates have to select the value from drop down list. e. Whether you are a Nepali speaking person – Candidates have to select the value from drop down list. f. Whether you are a person from any hill Sub-division of Darjeeling District (Viz. Darjeeling Sadar, Kalimpong, Kurseong) – Candidates have to select the value from drop down list. g. Mention the name of Sub-Division – Candidates have to select the name of the Sub-Division from drop down list.
- NOTE – All the points d, e and f cannot be NO. Either the candidate has to be the knowledge of Bengali or he should be Nepali speaking. If the candidate is from any three sub divisions as mentioned in point then it is mandatory to select the name of the sub division. State you mother tongue – Candidates have to write their mother tongue. Language(s) Known – Candidates have to mention the languages they can speak and write. Place of Birth – State, District, Place – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable. Father’s Name, Gender, EPIC No. (Optional), Caste Category – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable. Husband’s Name – Candidates may enter Husbands name for whom the same is applicable. Mention Your Sub Caste, State, Issuing Authority – If the candidates are of SC/ST/BC-A/BC-B category, then they have to write their Sub Caste, select the State of Issuing Caste Certificate and have to write Issuing Authority. This is mandatory for candidates of SC/ST/BC-A/BC-B category. For General Category, this option will not be available. Whether you are a person with disability – By default the selected option is No. If the candidates are Handicapped in nature, then they have to select the Yes option.
- If the disability option is Yes, candidates have to State the category of disability viz., Hearing Impairment, Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Palsy and Low Vision as applicable. If the nature of disability is Low Vision, then candidates have to mention whether they need the help of a scribe. By default, the selected option is No. 2. Contact Details a. Permanent Address i. Address Line 1 – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable. ii. Address Line 2 – Data preloaded from One Time Registration, if available. Not editable. iii. State – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable. iv. District – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable. v. Police Station – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable. vi. Post Office – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable. vii. Pin Code – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable.
- Present Address (Address of Communication) – If the Present Address is as same as the Permanent Address, the candidates have to select the Yes option. Then the entire Permanent Address field value will be copied in the respective fields of Present Address. c. Mobile No (Optional) – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. d. Email (optional) – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. e. Whether a Citizen of India – Data preloaded from One Time Registration. Not editable. f. Whether a natural Citizen or Citizen by registration – Candidate has to select the correct option from the drop down list.
- Qualification Details a. Educational Qualification – Candidates have to provide the details of their education qualifications in the respective columns available in this section. b. The candidate shall be registered with the Council of Architecture in terms of Architects Act 1972. Candidates have to enter their Registration No and Date of Registration in the respective fields. Both the fields are mandatory. c. Research Experience – Candidates have to enter the details in the respective fields, if applicable. d. Have you any time been employed – For the candidates who are applying for the Post of Superintending Architect and Architect, the value is by default Yes. Experience is mandatory for these two posts. The candidates who are applying the post of Assistant Architect, there will be two values Yes and No. Experience is not mandatory for this post. e. For the candidates who are applying for the post of Superintending Architect and Architect, they have to give their employment details in the respective columns in chronological order. The candidates, who are applying for the post of Assistant Architect, can give their employment details in the respective columns in chronological order, if applicable. f. Any other relevant information with reference to the requirement of the post – Candidates may enter relevant information, if any, but it should be limited within 100 characters. g. If the candidate is presently engaged in any Government/Government Undertaking/PSU/Constitutional/Statutory/Autonomous body, then they have to accept the declaration that they have informed their head office in writing that they are applying for the examination. Otherwise this option can be left untouched. h. Lastly candidates have to accept the declaration that they have provided correct information. This section is mandatory. i. Finally candidates have to click on the Submit button.
- SC, ST Candidates of West Bengal and PWD Candidates (Handicapped Candidates) of any State are exempted from paying fees. Their application submission status will be Completed soon after Submission. For rest of the candidates, they will be forwarded to Payment Module, where they need to pay the required Examination Fees with Service Charge and/or Service Tax as applicable to complete the application submission process.
- There are two payment methodologies – Online Payment and Offline Payment.
- In Offline Payment Mode, Candidates will get a Challan of United Bank of India (UBI) in their dashboard. On selecting the Offline Payment mode, candidates will be forwarded to their respective Dashboard from where they have to download the Challan by clicking the Challan button. Candidates can go to nearest UBI next working day 11:00 AM onwards and within closing hours of the bank to deposit the requisite fees. Initially, the application submission status in the dashboard of the candidate will be shown as Submitted. After depositing the fees in the bank, on next working day or two, candidate will find their application submitted status as Completed.
- In Online Payment mode, there will be three options of payment, viz., Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking. Soon after selecting the Online Payment option, candidates will be forwarded to Payment Gateway for making the payment. After successfully making the payment, candidates will be redirected to their respective Dashboard, where they will find their application submission status as Completed.
- In case, the payment process failed due to any technical snag, candidate will get the option to try for payment again either in Online Mode or Offline Mode. However, in Offline Mode, Challan can be generated only once.
- Candidates can also download their Application Form (in PDF format) by clicking the Application Button in their Dashboard.
- Word of Caution: a. Don’t close the website directly from your dashboard (after login) without Log Out. In case of illegal shut down, Candidates dashboard will be locked for unspecified period. b. During payment process, candidates are advised not to close the browser or press Back Button. This may severely hamper the payment process.
Important dates to remember :
- Commencement of submission of online application : The 16th March, 2015 from 11:30 a.m.
- Closing date for submission of fees : The 30th March, 2015.
- Closing date for submission of online application : The 30th March, 2015.
Reference: West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) Recruitment 2015 – ADVERTISEMENT NO.02/2015
11-12-2016 , 12-12-2016