West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) invites application for the recruitment of Assistant Engineer & More Vacancies with Degree/ Diploma/ B.E/ B.Tech/ Bachelor’s degree holders
Company name :West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC)
Posts :Assistant Engineer & More Vacancies
Qualification : Degree/ Diploma/ B.E/ B.Tech/ Bachelor’s degree
Salary : Rs 15600 -42000/- p.m
No of Post : 305
Location :West Bengal
Last date to apply : 25/11/2014
Details of Post :
Assistant Engineer & More Vacancies
Applications in the prescribed format given below are invited from Indian Citizens and such other Nationals as are declared eligible by Government of India for recruitment to the under mentioned posts. All posts are temporary but likely to be permanent.
- PAY: Rs.15, 600/- – Rs.42, 000/- (P.B. – 4A) plus Grade Pay Rs.6, 600/-.
- QUALIFICATIONS: Essential: (i) Degree / Diploma in Textile Technology / Handloom Technology from a recognised University/Institute, (ii) 10 years’ practical experience in a responsible position in a Government Department / Undertaking / Reputed concern dealing with Textile Industry, (iii) Knowledge of Bengali – spoken & written.
- Desirable: Knowledge of Export Market in the trade of Handloom/Textile Production/Hosiery/Readymade garments Industry.
- AGE: Not more than 45 years on 01.01.2014, relaxable at the Commission’s discretion for candidates having higher qualifications and / or longer experience than those prescribed and for persons holding substantive appointment under the Government.
- PAY: Rs.15, 600/- – Rs.42, 000/- (P.B. – 4A) plus Grade Pay of Rs. 5, 400/-.
- QUALIFICATIONS: Essential: Degree in Civil or Agricultural Engineering of a recognised University or its equivalent qualification.
- Desirable: One year’s post-graduate practical training or study or research or practical engineering experience.
- AGE: Not more than 32 years as on 01.01.2014 relaxable for those who have been in the employment of the Central or the State Government or any statutory bodies recognized for the purpose by the Government and are not out of such employment for more than a year on 01.01.2014 to the extent of actual period spent continuously in such employment. This relaxation of age-limit will not be permitted to a candidate who has already appeared in the examination thrice.
- Agricultural Engineering: 6 Nos.
- Multimedia Technology: 6 Nos.
- Packaging Technology: 6 Nos.
- 3D Animation & Graphics : 6 Nos.
- Footwear Manufacturing : 1 No.
- Garment & Bag Manufacturing : 1 No.
- Footwear Design : 1 No.
- Civil Engineering : 28 Nos.
- Electrical Engineering: 63 Nos.
- Mechanical Engineering : 38 Nos.
- Computer Science & Technology : 14 Nos.
- Computer Software Technology : 4 Nos.
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering : 9 Nos.
- Metallurgical Engineering : 15 Nos
- Mining Engineering : 7 Nos.
- Automobile Engineering : 5 Nos.
- Food Processing Technology : 18 Nos.
- Medical Laboratory Technology : 5 Nos.
- Architecture : 9 Nos.
- Chemical Engineering : 6 Nos.
- Petrochemical Engineering : 4 Nos.
- Photography : 2 Nos.
- Printing Technology : 3 Nos.
- Survey Engineering : 5 Nos.
- Mining Survey : 2 Nos.
- Physics : 9 Nos.
- Chemistry : 8 Nos.
- Humanities : 10 Nos.
- PAY: Rs.15, 600/- – Rs.39, 100/- plus A.G.P. of Rs. 5, 400/- (A.G.P. of Rs. 6, 000/- for those having M.E. /M.Tech. degree in appropriate branch).
- AGE: Not more than 37 years as on 01.01.2014.
Candidates must enclose with the application a fee of Rs. 210/- (Rupees two hundred and ten) only by Indian Postal Order which MUST BE PURCHASED ON A DATE AFTER PUBLICATION OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT AND ON OR BEFORE THE CLOSSING DATE OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION and crossed and endorsed to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, West Bengal, or by a receipted Challan from a Govt. Treasury in West Bengal or the Reserve Bank of India, Kolkata under the head “0051-00-105-State PSC Examination fees-001-Examination fees-16 other fees”. The Postal Orders should be made payable at G.P.O., Kolkata. Money Order, Cheque, Bank Draft, Cash etc. will not be accepted. No application will be considered unless accompanied with the requisite application fees. Candidates belonging to S.C./S.T. of West Bengal and Persons with Disabilities specified under Persons with Disabilities Rules, 1999 are not required to pay any fee. The application of such candidates will not be accepted if the same is not accompanied with the attested copy of S.C./S.T./Persons with Disabilities certificate. Such exemption of fees is, however, not applicable to any O.B.C. (category „A‟ or „B‟) candidate. No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be held in reserve for any other examination.
HOW TO APPLY :
- Candidates who wish to apply for more than one category of posts should submit separate Application along with requisite fees for each
- The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by Government.
- All the degrees/diplomas/certificates mentioned in the advertisement must have been obtained from recognized Universities/Institutions.
- The prescribed „essential qualifications‟ are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle applicants to be called in for the interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it is not convenient or possible for the Commission to interview all the applicants the Commission may restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of either higher qualifications in the relevant subjects/ higher standard of marks/grade obtained in the essential qualifications or experience in relevant field higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement or on the basis of a Screening Test/Written Test. If required, the scheme and syllabus of the Screening Test will be given in the Commission‟s website later on.If sufficient number of candidates with prescribed age limit is available for selection for a particular post, the commission may exercise its discretion not to relax upper age limit of the candidate(s) even if the provision for such relaxation is laid down in the advertised criteria.
- In cases where no Division/Class is awarded and only grading is done, exact percentage of marks and conversion formula adopted are to be mentioned with documentary evidence.
- Where experience of a number of years is prescribed as an item of qualification this would mean only experience/research experience gained in full time employment/research in the relevant field. [Certificate(s) from the Head(s) of Organisation(s)/Department(s) for the entire experience claimed, clearly mentioning the duration of employment (date, month and year) and field of experience indicating basic pay and consolidated pay must be furnished together with applications. The certificate(s) should also mention the nature of duties performed/experience obtained in the post(s) with duration(s)].
- Besides pay, the posts carry allowances as admissible.
- The benefits of reservation of vacancies and upper age concession upto 5 years are admissible only to S.C. and S.T. candidates of West Bengal and upto 3 years to O.B.C. (category ‟A‟ or „B‟) candidates of West Bengal. S.C., S.T. and B.C. candidates of other States may apply for unreserved vacancies as general candidates. Such benefits are also available upto 47 years for Persons with Disabilities. PROOF OF BELONGING TO S.C. OR S.T. OR O.B.C. OR PERSON WITH DISABILITY MUST BE SUBMITTED ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION FORM AND NO CLAIM IN THIS REGARD WILL BE ENTERTAINED AFTERWARDS.
- If at any stage even after issue of a letter of recommendation for appointment a candidate is found ineligible in terms of the advertisement his/her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him/her.
- Applications should be sent strictly by registered or speed post or under certificate of posting to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, West Bengal, 161-A, S.P. Mukherjee Road, Kolkata – 700 026 so as to reach him on or before the closing date. Application may also be submitted personally between 11-00 a.m. and 3-30 p.m. on all working days to the above address of the Commission‟s office on or before the closing date.
- Completed application must be submitted along with the copies of the following documents either Self Certified or attested by competent authority:(i) Madhyamik or equivalent certificate, (ii) S.C./S.T./O.B.C. (category ‟A‟ or „B‟)/Persons with Disability certificate issued by competent authority, (iii) Registration certificate for citizenship (if by registration) as required under item 9(b) of the application, (iv) Mark-sheet and certificate for each examination passed, (v) Experience certificate.
- APPLICATION FORMS, NOT PROPERLY FILLED IN OR INCOMPLETE IN ANY RESPECT OR WITHOUT REQUISITE DOCUMENTS WOULD BE SUMMARILY REJECTED.
- SUBMISSION OF MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION FOR THE POST IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. THE CANDIDATURE OF A CANDIDATE, WHO SUBMITS MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO THE SELECTION PROCEDURE, WILL BE CANCELLED EVEN IF HE/SHE IS ADMITTED TO THE SAME.
- Two self-addressed unstamped envelopes and one self-addressed post card should be enclosed with the application.
- CANVASSING IN ANY FORM WILL DISQUALIFY THE CANDIDATE.
- ALL INFORMATION REGARDING RECRUITMENT TO THE POST WILL BE AVAILABLE, TIME TO TIME, IN THE COMMISSION’S WEBSITE AT http://www.pscwb.org.in.
- PHOTOGRAPH: The candidates must submit one copy of his/her recent passport size photograph duly signed by him/her which should be pasted on the first page in the space provided for the purpose in the application form. In cases of Preliminary Examination/Screening Tests, an identical copy of the photograph will be required for pasting on the Attendance Sheet to be sent by this office along with the Admit Card.
- CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION: The 25th November, 2014
- CANDIDATES MUST FULFIL THE ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS BY THE CLOSING DATE.
- All requisite certificates regarding educational qualifications, proof of age, other relevant experience certificates and other requisite documents must be furnished along with the application within the closing date of the submission of application. No claim in this regard will be entertained afterwards.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 25/11/2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From WBPSC|